Jealous type?

One Rainy Day

Your POV:

The restaurant I took him too was a nice one I heard about from my friends. They were always talking about it whenever they went out with their boyfriends. I almost didn't take Kevin when I remembered this detail, but I thought it was no harm since my friends have also taken non-boyfriends with them.

The hostess smiled at us as we entered, taking great looks at Kevin. My heart froze as I caught Kevin looking back at her. I shook the feeling away. "Table for two, please." I said, unknowingly taking Kevin's arm and standing closer to him.

"Of course..." the hostess said, dully, grabbing two menus and never taking her eyes off of Kevin. "This way, please." she tried her best to stick out her chest.

I fakely smiled, leading Kevin forward towards the table. She helped us sit down. A soft growl exited my throat as she purposely leaned over Kevin's shoulder. I shook my head. What is going on? I thought to myself. I shouldn't care if Kevin's getting hit on by a girl or not! Picking up the menu, I turned my attention away from the hostess as she told Kevin that out waitress will be with us shortly. I couldn't help but notice the hostess slide a piece of paper towards Kevin. The nerve!

I don't care, I don't care. I repeated throughout my head, finally deciding on what to eat.

I notice Kevin gaze around, smiling. "You know, this is a great place to take someone you love..." Kevin looked at me, seeming to show like he was hinting something.

Shut up, brain. I complained to myself, repeating in my head that I don't care. Why are you feeling like this?? You don't like him, so stop being so protective and miss reading things! I glanced up Kevin. "Yeah a great place to take someone who leans over you and stuff." I grumpily pointed out, relooking over the menu.

"What do you mean?" Kevin asked, confused as he looked down at his own menu. Changing the subject, he asked, "So, what are you planning to eat?"

I scrunchedd my face and replied, "I'm thinking about getting the Bang Bang Shrimp. Spicy!" I added, watching as another girl came towards our table. Great... Another girl... I sunk my head down.  

"Hello!" her cherrie voice made me cringe. "What can I get you guys to.." The waitresses eyes fell upon Kevin.

My fingers clenched around my menu. Kevin was too busy checking out his menu. I spoke up, realizing the the waitress didn't even remember that I was there. "Um, yes, hi. I would like a Dr. Pepper to drink."

"I'm sorry, what?" The waitress turned towards me.

"Dr. Pepper" I spaced, giving enough time for her brain catch up. Unknownigly, fury filled my body. I didn't like it.

The waitress nodded. "And you,sir?" she went back to forgetting I was even alive. Her hand went onto Kevins shoulder, slowly feeling onto his biceps.

Kevin looked up. "Huh? Oh, drinks. Yes, tea would be fine. Sweet." Kevin's eyes went back towards his menu.

"Sweet like its owner, no?" The waitress flirted.

Without looking up, Kevin nodded with a small, "Mhm."

Sighing, the waitress walked away, taking the fact of no achievement, which made me slightly happy.

After she was gone, without looking up from his menu, Kevin said,, "I hate girls like that.." his eyes fell upon my face. "They annoy me. I like girls who are more... What's the word... Collected?" Kevin moved his hand forward and grabbed mine.

My heart started to race at his touch. Out of everything, my mind was the most confused. I tried to shake the feeling away, but they wouldn't disappear. Trying to avoid them, I smiled and acted like I couldn't catch Kevin's words and whom they were pointed at. "This is the longest we've hung out since our days in the rain." I smiled, remembering those days.

Kevin's smile altered, which, again, confused me. His thumb started to rub against mine. "You know, it's suppose to rain everyday... All week."

My heart dropped at the sound of that. Suddenly, my head started to hurt and my body went limp. Cold sweat appeared onto my skin, making my palms sweat. Memories filled my head, causing me to start to black out. Kevin caught onto this quickly.

"_____! Is everything okay?"

The next thing I knew was blackness surrounding me.