Her Turn

One Rainy Day

His head was hanging low, eyes hidden under his arms. His legs were up and he was sitting under a tree, getting drenched. The young girl walked over to him, holding a wet daisy in her hand. 

She bent down next to him, debating if whether or not she should touch him. She was afraid that he might be fragile, and might break with a single touch. Sitting there, for what seemed like minutes, was only seconds. Finally, she pulled her hand away from the daisy and onto the boy's shoulder. His head lifted up immediately.

The girl sighed, looking down at his teared up face. Handing him the flower, she spoke softly. "Kevin, why are you out here all alone? Especially out in this kind of weather?" The girl moved over next to him and sat down.

Kevin wiped his tears away as he took the flower with great care. "Heh, thanks..." He sighed, positioning his self into a better position. 

The girl sighed, waiting for a reply. She was deeply confused as to how and why this happy go lucky person could ever be down and droopy. Moving closer, she asked, "Why are you sad?"

Kevin dropped his head, looking down at his feet. He rose the daisy to his face and mumbled, "Amber told some of the kids that I ate dirt..." A tear fell down his face.

"AHAHAHAHAHA~!!" The girl let out. 

Kevin looked up at her in shock. "Oi!! It's not funny! Why are you laughing?!" Kevin crossed his arms and seemed like he was about to cry.

The girl couldn't stop laughing, but did manage to say, "It's only funny because I can't imagine you even having mud on your shoes!" She continued to giggle. "You're always so clean and proper--of course, when we play in the rain that's a different story, but still!! Why should you even be worried?"

Kevin pouted. "Because the other kids believe her."

"So?" The girl said, surprising herself. Taken aback, the young sat back against the tree. Have I really grown that far apart from Amber? She asked her self, watching the rain fall down. 

Kevin stared at me for a bit before I calmly said, "Who cares what people say or think. If you eat dirt, then you eat dirt. And if you don't then you don't. No one can say that you do or you don't and if they make people believe something that you don't do, then those people are too low to even be called a person." Her gaze fell upon Kevin, who was looking straight at her. The girl looked down.

She felt Kevin's arms wrap around her as he pulled her into a hug. "Thanks, ______." He whispered to her as the two of them sat there, under a tree, in the rain

 

 

I just want to add quickly right here that I'm so happy that you guys are liking my story :') I'll keep updating as long as you keep reading ^-^ 

Also, sorry some of the chapters are short >.< That's just how it goes :P Anyways, thank you~! :3 Next update coming soon~!!!