Let It Rain...

One Rainy Day

They sky showed a chance of rain, but that didn't stop the young girl from running outside to play with the other neighborhood kids.

Excited as always, she ran towards her best gal friend. Stopping short if distance, she realized that sitting in her spot next to her friend was another kid. And not just any other kid. A
boy!

"Amber!" the young girl yelled out, a bit unhappy with her. She marched her way towards Jessica and the
boy. Anger filled her as she confronted them.

Smiling, as if there was nothing wrong, Amber waves and stands up. "______! This is the new kid from next door!" Amber nudged him. "His name is Kevin Woo. He's a bit shy, but don't worry, he'll warm up to you!"

The young girl crossed her arms as she observed
Kevin.

He was a bit scrawny and not all that attractive. Looking at his eyes, she noted that they were brown. His hair was a mixture of blonde and brown---dirty blonde, as she'd like to call it.

She shrugged and grabbed Amber's arm. "Hi."

Kevin stepped back a bit, but still held a smile. He bowed. "Annyeong. Nice to meet you...."

"____." she answered quickly, sitting down next to Amber, who sat between Kevin an her.

"Ah, that's a pretty name." he bowed again before sitting down. Trying to push his shyness away, Kevin asks, "Do you guys want to play any games? I like hide-and-seek."

"What's that?" Amber asked, excited to learn about a new game. She turned her entire attention to Kevin, which upset the young girl next to her. She crossed her arms, not all too thrilled about this
Kevin.

Kevin's eyes grew. "You've never played hide-and-seek?"

Amber shook her head.

While Kevin explained to Amber about the new game, the young girl got up and headed over to hers and Amber's secret place.

About ten minutes passed before she got the hint that Amber wasn't going to check where she was.

Getting up, she bumped into a figure. She falls back onto her bum and yells out. "Ow!!" expecting Amber when she looked up, she instead saw Kevin, rubbing his head.

Seeing her, he jumps and started to apologize. "Mianhe, mianhe!" Kevin checks her. "Are you hurt? Did you fall against anything? How's your head?"

Trying to decide which answer to pick, she ended up asking her own question. "How did you find this place?"

Confused, Kevin answered, "I was playing hide-and-seek with Amber and it was her turn. I went to find a hiding spot and I saw this and headed straight over." Kevin rubbed the back of his head.

Frowning, she slightly pushed him. "This is a girls
only area!"

Pouting, Kevin wondered, "Why can't it be both? I mean, we're friends, right?" Sadness ran across his face, as if already knowing her answer.

A ping of hurt hit her. Looking over at a voice yelling out for Kevin, she frown. "She hasn't even noticed that I was gone..."

Kevin shook his head. "I asked her where you went and she said that you went home. I was a bit worried that you might of thought that I was taking your place as her friend." Holding up his hands, he defended, "And I'm not! If you..."

Kevin paused, trying to find the right words.

A drop of rain hit the young girls nose. She looked up to see the clouds were getting darker.

"Ah! He must of gone home." the young girl heard Amber say as she ran towards her own house.

Kevin sighed. "Opps..."

More drops fell from the sky.

"I think we should each go home." the young girl implied.

But it was too late, the rain started to pelt them both.

"Ah!" The both of them yelled, getting out of the secret spot. Slipping, the young girl fell, taking Kevin down with her.

"Mianhe!" she quickly looked at Kevin.

And he was
laughing.

"Oi! What are you laughing about?" the young girl watched as Kevin rolled over and over in the grass. She panicked, "Stop! You'll get sick!"

Kevin grinned at her. "Who cares? This is fun!!" he grabbed the young girl's hand and pulled her out into the middle of the rain. He jumped into puddles.

The young watched for a moment before happily joining him.

This was the first time she'd ever played out in the rain. Glancing at Kevin, she said, "I like you!"

Smiling, Kevin repeated, "I like you, too!" he then pulls her into the biggest puddle.