Halmoni's House

One Rainy Day

 

She breathed in deeply, watching as the rain fell outside of the window. She was at her halmoni's house and everything was peaceful as she sat at the table painting a random picture with a messed up paint brush. She didn't care about that--as long as she could paint.

Confused, the young girl studied her picture. She didn't know excatly what she wanted it to be, or what it even was, but she didn't care as she continued to paint. 

Gazing out the open door, she saw her halmoni sitting in the garage with the garage door open. Her halmoni was sitting on her usual rocking chair, watching the rain fall from the sky. She almost seemed to peaceful.

Quickly getting up, the young girl grabbed her things and headed over to her halmoni. She sat down, staring outside at the rain with her.

Her halmoni gazed down at her, smiling. Petting the young girl's soft hair, her halmoni asked, "What are you painting?"

The young girl squished her face as she looked down at her colorful picture. She shrugged. "I'm not sure..." She dabbed the brush in some red, continuing painting next to her halmoni.

After a few moments, though, she looked back up at her halmoni. "Halmoni, why are you sitting out here?" The girl shifted and sat normally, watching as the rain fell and made puddles. 

Halmoni smiled, not looking away from the rain. Putting her hands together, Halmoni took a sweet breath as she responded. "I love the rain. It calms me." She looked down at the young girl. "____, do you like the rain?"

The young girl smiled and nodded. "Yes, I do! The rain is so peaceful and beautiful! I don't think I'll ever stop loving it!" She glanced up at her halmoni, who was now gazing back out into the world of rain.

"That's good." Was the last thing said as the young girl continued to paint. They sat there in peace, together.