The Day Before

One Rainy Day

Kevin's POV:

I watched her as she made her way to the bus stop, hiding her face with her books. She moved quickly, afraid that someone will notice her and ask her if something was wrong. Afraid that with just one contact, she might break down.

"Oh, ____." I whispered your name softly, watching as you made your way onto the bus; finally letting down your books and gazing out the window and letting yourself go in your deep thoughts. Thoughts that I wish to enter just so I can know why you're like this. Why you're always down on days like this and how come you never open up to me.

A hand on my shoulder made me turn to see my pal, AJ, standing next to me. He showed no concern on what was going through my mind as he opened the passenger's door. "Come on, Kev, we have stuff to do at Dongho's house." He slammed the door and waited patiently for me. 

I took one last look at the bus as it headed down the street. Opening the door, I quickly glanced up at the clouds. Yep, rain. 

 

~~~~~~~~~~

 

Your POV:

The clouds covered the sky like a big scary monster. One that would love to eat me and take me away from this world. A world which only saddened me on days like this.

The first drop fell when I got on the bus. Knowing that I'd have to face the ran when I got off, I went ahead and pulled out my umbrella. 

I looked out the window and started to think about how my day went. It was nice and a bit awkward, only because Eli decided to sit with Kevin and I for lunch. I thought it would be extremely awkward, but Kevin was really nice and actually got along great with him. Which didn't surprise me, since Kevin was a master at making friends. 

Enemies, on the other hand, practically didn't exist in Kevin's vocabulary. 

I continued through my day in my head.

I was walking to my fifth hour when I saw Amber talking to Kevin and his friend AJ. Amber seemed to have said something to AJ, which made him leave Kevin and her alone. Very curious, I slowly made my way through the crowds and got close enough to them to where I could hear them, but they couldn't see me.

Amber made her annoying giggle, which made Kevin chuckle. I watched as her hand went up onto his biceps. She squeezed them, telling him how strong he was getting. 

"Yeah, I work out." Kevin said, flexing a little. His eyes moved across the hallways. I froze, afraid that he might see me. Thankfully, his eyes grazed past me and went back to Amber. "Look, I'd love to stay and chat, but I have to go to class." Kevin hugged her good bye.

"Wait, Kev-ah!" She cutely said, killing my ears. 

Kevin turned around. "Yeah?" 

She smoothly walked over to him and handed him a letter. She pulled him close and whispered something in his ear. Whatever it was, it sent goosebumps onto Kevin's arms and made the hairs on the back of his neck stand. 

I watched as the both of them parted before I made my way to class.

The bus threw it self to a halt, sending me harshly forward. When I regain my composer, I rubbed my head. "Mianhe!" The driver yelled out, opening the door to let me out.

I thanked him and got off the bus, into the rain. Quickly, I opened my umbrella and ran home. At least, that was what I was planning to do before I bumped into somebody. 

Knocking the breath out of me, I fell to the ground while the person I bumped into fell on top of me. By their weight and body structure, I could tell that it was a boy.

"Oi!" I yelled, trying to push him off and get my self out of the rain. "I need to get up!"

The boy quickly got up and said sorry. "I didn't see you, noona! Please forgive me!" He whined.

I studied the boys face. By the looks of it, he was no older than 14. Yet, still, he gave me the most adorable puppy eyed face. "Fine, you're forgive. But hurry up out of this rain, you'll get sick!"

The boy laughed, which shocked me. He took my hand and helped me up, also picking up my umbrella and handing it to me. With a big smile, he asked, "Don't you know how to have fun in the rain? Just because you're going to get sick, doesn't mean you have to get out of it!" His smile never altered.

But mine did. 

"Wait, Noona! Where are you going?" He yelled after me as I ran away. Even though I was already soaked, I still held the umbrella above my head. 

"Pabo. Pabo, pabo, pabo." I repeated to myself as I unlocked my door and entered my house.