I Swear It's Not What It Looks Like...

One Rainy Day

Kevin's POV: 

I smiled as I layed my phone down. You're coming over, I thought, happily. Glancing around the room, I noted how dirty it looked. I coughed a couple of times before I got up and started to straighten things. Even if I was too sick to go to the restroom, I felt that I had to get this place clean for you. 

I heard the door open from my room and a pair of hands come onto my shoulder. I looked up to see my friend, AJ, standing behind me. 

"Bro, what are you doing?" He asked, helping me throw away some things while I coughed. 

"I'm making things perfect for ____. How is the living room?" I kept coughing.

AJ sighed, shaking his head. He pulled me away from my cleaning and pushed me onto the bed. "Lay down, you're tiring your body." He grabbed my covers and placed them above my body and when I tried to get up, he pushed me back down again. "Stay! I'll clean the house if that will make you feel better and look! You can't stop coughing!"

I sighed. AJ was right, I couldn't keep pushing myself, even though I wanted to so ______ could see my room clean. But I nodded and watched as AJ finished up what I started and then, through my open door, clean the rest of the house.

A knock from the door made AJ stop and disappear from my sight. I tried my best and see who it was, but the door was too far. Pouting, I crossed my arms and waited.

"Hey, Kevin, someone is here to see you!" AJ called, continuing his work on cleaning. 

Smiling, I sat up and fixed my surroundings a bit. 

"Hello __--Amber?" I asked in shock. I quickly glanced behind her at AJ. He didn't even look our way as Amber entered my room and closed the door. She then sat down at the foot of my bed. 

I wanted to ask what she was doing here, but I didn't want to come off as rude. I sat there, staring at her for what seemed like forever. 

Amber giggled, "Well, just 'cause I'm hot doesn't mean you should stare!" She slightly joked as she leaned against her hand.

I did my best at showing my polite side. "Ah, Amber. What are you doing here?" I pulled the covers over my chest.

Amber placed her hand above her chest as she acted upset. "Can't a person go and visit their sick friend?" 

"Amber, you've had an entire week to come and see me." I crossed my arms. I didn't want Amber here, especially with you coming over. The last time it was the three of us...

Okay, so I couldn't remember the last time the three of us ever hung out. Usually it was either Amber and I or you and I. Never all three. But either way, I knew that the last time wasn't great. 

The room fell into an awkward silence as the two of us sat there. I shrugged it off, grabbing a book from the side of my bed and started to fake read. "Is there anything else you wish for, Amber? I'm having company in a minute so you'll have to leave, soon."

"I'm not leaving." Amber protested as she crossed her arms, giving me that odd, y-but-also-wanting look. I shivered from under it. 

I narrowed my eyes at her. "Amber, please, I asked nicely and plus, this is my place and if I say to leave, then you leave!" I set my book down.

Amber disobeyed and started to crawl towards me. I pressed back agains the headboard. "Um, Amber, what are you doing?" I started to lift my knees. 

From beyond the door, I heard movements, but I didn't pay attention to them as Amber made her way over my knees and postioned herself above me. I started to push her away. "Amber, I'm sick. Please, move back." I tried, placing my hands on both of her shoulders.

She only shrugged my hands away. "If you're sick, then why aren't you coughing?" Her smile darkened.

I gulped.

Her face was starting to move closer. I started to use my full force to get her away. "Please, Amber, stop! I don't---"

"Kevin? Amber?"

No.

I looked over Amber's shoulder to find _____ standing there. No, no, no, no! I yelled in my head. "_____! This isn't what it looks like!" 

_____ only nodded. "Of course not..." She bit her lip and turned away, walking out.

"_____! Wait!" I cried out, pushing Amber to the side and getting up out of my bed. I grabbed the nearest pieces of clothing as I started for the door. 

A hand grabbed my wrist and I turned to face it's owner. I glared her down. "Why are you doing this, Amber?" My voice was harsh and I wasn't quite sure if I could stand being in the same room with her anymore. "She was your friend! Why did you turn into this... this... person?" I pulled my arm away.

I turned quickly, not really wanting an answer from Amber, but she did speak up. She screamed after me, "I can make you happier than her! I can can give you everything you want! All your wants, needs, dreams--"

"Amber!" I turned around and snapped at her. "You don't know anything about my wants, needs, and especially my dreams! We all know you really don't want me, so just leave me alone!" 

Amber tried to grab my wrist, but I was too fast for her. "Kevin, I do like you." 

"Then why is it you're only around me when ______ is around? Or why is it you're only flirting with me at school when _____ is there, huh? Do you care to explain that?" 

The distance between us grew as I was now in her face. I couldn't believe the feelings that were flowing through me as I tried to settle out my brain. I was upset at Amber and was worried for ______. But something else was running through me, and I wasn't quite sure what it was. 

Amber didn't say a word, for fear shot across her eyes. With a small voice, she said, "You know, you're scary when you're mad..." 

I quickly turned away and stormed out of my apartment. Amber called out my name, but this time, I wasn't going to let her ring me back in. 

Please understand... I hoped as I ran after you.

 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

 

Your POV:

"Hey, ______!" AJ greeted me. "I'm glad you came now because I was just leaving." He pointed towards Kevin's room. "Kevin's waiting for you." 

I thanked him as he exited the apartment. Glancing around, I made my way over to Kevin's room, fixing my hair. Nervous and paranoid, I quickly made my way to the bathroom to make sure I was presentable. After a few seconds, I nodded at my mirror self and headed to his door. 

But what I saw was un expected. 

Amber on top of Kevin and his hands were on her shoulders. They were saying things, but because of the view, I didn't comprehend them. "Kevin? Amber?" 

Kevin's eyes met mine. "____! This isn't want it looks like!"

It looks like you and Amber are with each other on a bed, I wanted to say, but I just nodded. "Of course not..." I had to bite my lip to keep myself from crying. 

Without another word, I turned around. I heard Kevin call after me, but I didn't dare look back. I just wanted to run.

So, I did. 

My feet hit the pavement hard as I ran. Nothing was working properly as I blindedly ran past people. I tried wiping my tears away, but it didn't help. 

I ran into a few people who yelled at me, but I didn't care. I just needed to run. Run as fast as I could, away from everything.

I don't even know where I'm going! I thought as finally started to slow down and take in my surroundings.

Frozen in place, I realized where I was. I didn't, or rather, couldn't believe that I had gone this far. I didn't even think I was moving all that fast!

None-the-less, here I was, standing in front of the old hiding spot. Gazing wonderesly at it, I noticed that on one of the branches was a red flag. Next to that, was a frisbee and a dog toy. 

My feet started walking toward the hiding spot without my brain's permission. With each step, chills were sent up my body. I wanted to turn around and leave, but my feet wouldn't listen. 

Soon, I was crawling thorugh the branches and was sitting in the clearing. My heart started to ache as I remembered the memories that came with this place. From when Amber and I first met, to when Kevin and I played in the rain. It all sent tears down my face. 

Leaning back, I gazed up at the open spot in the branches. Every now and then, I'd check the time as I watched the sky turn black. 

 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

 

Kevin's POV: 

She ran to fast, I thought, taking a breather and looking around for signs to where you could of gone. By now, my coughing had started again and with each minute of runing and looking, it only got worse. 

"You should go home, son." A random old guy stopped me. "You're coughing up a storm!" 

I shook my head and smiled at him. "Not yet, sir." And then I was off again.

Soon, I started asking around, but no one was of any real use. Each person would either call me weird or just turn away. And with each person, my worries grew. 

My phone vibrated and I picked it up quickly. "______!?" I asked, excited. 

"No, it's AJ. Kevin, are you alright?"

I was continuesly coughing with not much stop, so I couldn't respond correctly. I could only mangae to say, "Looking for _____.....Amber....messed things.....up." More coughing. 

"Kevin, head back home right now! You're getting worse and worse! ______ is a big girl, she can take care of herself!" AJ's voice was tense, yet soft. I could tell that he was worried for the both of us. 

I sighed, knowing he was right. I didn't want to stop looking, but I had to. In this condition, I couldn't carry on. And what was worst was that I felt that this entire thing was my fault. 

"Pabo Amber..." I mumbled.

"What?" AJ asked on the other end, reminding me of his phone call.

"Sorry it's... nothing." 

"Okay, stay where you are. I'm coming to pick you up."

"But---"

"No buts, Kevin. Tell me where you are."

I gave AJ the address and then hung up with him. Coughing, I rubbed the back of my neck, hoping for the best for you. I gazed up at the darkening sky. "God, if you can hear me, please keep _____ safe. I know I ask a lot from you, but this is the one thing out of everything that I really mean. Amber said she knew my dreams, but we all know that's a lie. You know my dreams, don't you?" I coughed, giving me time to think. 

For a second, I didn't even know my own dreams. I knew that I wanted to go off and become some famous person, or something, so I could get into the history books, but the more I thought of it, the more I realized how blury my dreams were and how full of nonsense they were. It wasn't until I started thinking of having a family did I realize what my dreams truely were.

I smiled at God. "If you do this for me, I'll stop asking for things." I promised, closing my eyes and looking down. 

Feeling defeated, I made my way into the convieniant coffee shop and waited for AJ. 

 

-dances- two chapters in less than a week! :D yeah!! ^-^ 

I want to know what you guys think! :D What is Kevin's dreeeeaaaaam??? x3

I also need to add real quickly that you guys should thank my mother x3 She's helping me with this and she's even given me the storyline! ^-^ She's been a real help with me and a great supporter! (We've even been calling girls "like Amber" if we don't like them x3) So, yeah! ^-^ Just letting you guys know that without my mother, we wouldn't have this story :P 

Once again, thanks for commenting and reading! I hope you'll like the next chapter!! ^-^