4 years later...

One Rainy Day

4 years later...

10:10 am

"Come on." the girl grunted, helping her halmoni into her wheelchair. It wasn't an easy job, especially when the girl had to turn around and do the same to her halabeoji. "Halabeoji, your turn."

"Where are we going?" He yelled, denying the girl's help into the wheelchair. He crossed his arms in fury and only glared at her.

"You guys are being placed in a nursing-"

"Agh! I don't need no nursing home! I'm fine just where I am!" He squeezed his arms together, showing that he wasn't budging any time soon.

The girl sighed with great frustration. Sitting down at the foot of the bed, the girl reminded him, "I know you're just fine, but I can't help you guys," The girl paused to glance at her halmoni, who was now fast asleep in her wheelchair. The girl groaned slightly. "You guys need more assisting and with halmoni--"

"Your halmoni is just fine!" The girl's halabeoji grumbled, making only small glances at his wife.

Breathing out, the girl look at her weak halmoni. Ever since a year ago, she has be diagnosed with cancer and hasn't been able to do her usual things. The doctors didn't even expect her to live for more than a month when they found out. The girl was even surprised that her halmoni was still kicking it. 

With a small frown, the girl remembered how her halabeoji had used to help her. That was until he fell one day, his head hitting a table. Since that, he hadn't been able to do anything like he used to; just like the girl's halmoni. 

The girl placed her hand on her halabeoji's. Smiling sweetly, she asked, "For halmoni?"

The girl's halabeoji sighed and nodded, taking more small glances at his wife. Setting himself into a sitting position, the girl helped him into his wheel chair.

A ring from the door and the girl sighed with ease. "They're here." She told her grandparents while turning to get the door.

As she opened the door, she saw two men in nurse outfits standing there. They smiled and bowed a bit as the girl greeted them. She then led them to her grandparents; each one of them taking a wheel chair and pushing the girl's grandparents out into the van. They then came back in, grabbed the girl's grandparents' packed belongings and placed them in the van's trunk.

The youngest one look at the girl. He stopped before exiting the door and asked the girl, "Where are you headed to, now?" He took a glance around the now empty house.

The girl's heart dropped. Shaking her head, she smiled and looked at the guy. "My gomo is coming to take me until we decide what to do." Her smile faltered when she thought about it. 

Without any more questions, and not noticing the girl's falter, the guy nodded and exited the house to the waiting van. The girl watched as they closed their doors and drove off into the distance before she had closed the front door and finished packing her own things. 

 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

 

1:36 pm

The girl smiled at her gomo, who had just picked her up from her grandparents house about an hour ago. Her gomo had taken her and they were now sitting down, drinking tea, at her gomo's apartment. 

"Gomo..." The girl muttered, not sure excatly how to say her words. She knew what needed to be discussed, but she didn't want to discuss it. She kind of wished her gomo didn't live so near to her old house.

Her gomo looked at her. "Yes, deary? Are you ready to talk about the matter?"

No. 

"Yes." The girl faked a smile. 

"Okay, let's get started." Sitting up straight, the girl's gomo set down her tea and folded her hands together. "I know you may not like this, but," she paused. "I've already bought you a house."

"Bwoh?"

"And it's furnished."

"Gomo!"

"What!? I have enough money to do so!"

"Yeah, but not for me!" 

"Oh! It'll be fine!"

"But!" The girl tried, but her gomo had cut her off. Crossing her arms, the girl pursed her lips. "Where is it?"

Smiling, her gomo's face lit up. "It's near your old neighborhood were you used to live when you were a kid! Oh, it's so pretty and the neighbors..."

The girl wasn't listening anymore. Near your old neighborhood. Near.... old neighborhood.... Old neighborhood.... 

The girl fell into a daze. Thoughts about her old friends and her life back in that neighborhood filled her mind. Will it be the same? Or will everything have changed?

"_____. ______! Are you even listening?"

Snapping back to reality, the girl gazed up at her gomo. "Ah... yes! Yes, yes. I am listening." Another fake smiled plastered on her face and her gomo went back to talking. 

I don't want to go there, the girl thought to herself. Why is she making me? Why... I'm not ready! 

"You'll be moving in tomorrow!"

Dang. 

 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

 

6:34 pm

The door shut beside her as she buckled up her seat belt. Her stuff was already in the back seat and her gomo was making her way to the driver side. As she did, the girl looked out the window. Suddenly, she wanted to go back to her grandparents house and help them. No matter how much effort it was, she wanted to go back.

But she couldn't. She was too weak and not enough training to help them. And even if she wanted to say there, she couldn't. She was too young to fully live by herself. She had to go with her gomo and live near her. So that's where they were going. 

"Back to the beginning..."

"What was that?"

Surprised, the girl quickly turned her head towards her gomo. "Omo, nothing! I didn't say anything." Biting her lip, she hoped that her gomo would believe her.

"Oh, okay."

Success

They drove and drove down the road in mostly silence. Every now and then, one of them would break the silence and say something, but nothing more than just a couple of words. As much as the girl's gomo tried, she could not get a full conversation from her. 

"Come on, _______. Can't you keep up a conversation?" She had asked, but the girl didn't pay attention. Her focus was on the passing nature outside her window. It was like she was in some kind of trance and couldn't get out. Frowning, her gomo faced the front road. "I guess not..." She mumbled, turning the car. 

Back to the beginning. Where all my memories are. Will I be fine? 

Questions filled the girl's mind as the gomo drove into a parking space. "We are here." She said, getting out of the car and heading towards the trunk. 

Moving slowly, the girl got out and faced her new home. It was a nice house with a comforting area surrounding it and lots of trees in the yard. She sighed at how close it looked to her grandparents house but pushed that thought aside as she made her way to the door. "Everything is in the house, correct?" She yelled back at her gomo, who was busy grabbing her bags.

"Yes, deary. The movers finished moving everything in yesterday. It should look as good as new!" She chimed, opening the front door and carrying in the girl's things. "Will you be a dear and get the rest of your things from the trunk?" She asked with slight rudeness.

Not caring, the girl made her way to the trunk and pulled out her things. She tried her best not too think too much, but questions and no answers kept filling her brain. "I could faint if I didn't have the will power to stand up." the girl muttered to her self as she carried her things to the door.

When she entered, the girl was amazed to see that the house was fully furnished. "Bwoh! Gomo, you didn't have to do that!" She exclaimed, putting the bags down and shutting the door behind her. "I thought you said it was just important things!"

"All of this is important!" Her gomo smiled, twirling her body around in the nice open space. "Plus, there's already food stocked in your kitchen for a good two months. Or, at least until you can get a job." 

The girl's gomo softly patted her arm and helped carry her things into her new bedroom--which was also fully furnished. The bed was a nice queen bed with purple and black sheets covering it, head to toe and the head boards where wooden and sketched with beautiful flowers. The girl was amazed at the sight.

"Gomo, how much did everything cost? I told you! Umma and appa left me money from when they past away; I could of afford to buy my own things!" 

"Oh, nonsense! I did this out of the love of my heart! And don't worry about the cost! You'll repay me by loving it and living in this house peacefully." The girl's gomo smiled while making her way towards the front door. "I'm really sorry, but I have to go."

The girl nodded. "Yeah, you had told me that you had an appointment earlier. Don't worry, I'll still be here when you get done." She smiled, making her way to the door. "Well, until then."

"Until then." Her gomo repeated, exiting the door.

The girl watched as her gomo pulled and drove away before shutting the door. Sliding down to the floor, she sighed. "I can't believe I'm really back... I can't believe I'm really here..."

 

 

ah, here we are! ^-^ I hope you liked this one :D I wanted it to be a tad longer... but it didn't work out... :P I hope you enjoy it~ ^-^