Droplets...

One Rainy Day

The young girl watched as her friend Amber flirted and playfully kissed Kevin's cheek. She laughed along, no emotion carrying through her as she continued to pour the "tea" into the cups. This was her favorite game to play with her friends. No real tea, but water was just as good. Sometimes they used Kool-Aid, if they felt adventurest.

Smiling at her friends, she handed them their cups. "It's special made by my butler!" She acted. "His name is Sebastian." She handed them plates with food (tiny sandwiches) and sat down next to Kevin.

"What are you doing?" Amber asked, getting up and squeezing in between her and Kevin. "Only husbands and wives can sit next to each other." Amber pushed the girl off the seat.

Falling to the ground, the girl pouted. "But there's no other guy to be my husband." She crossed her arms.

Kevin piped in, "How about both of you be my wives?" He blushed.

Amber scoffed and shook her head. "No. Marriages only have one husband and one wife, that's how it goes." Amber took the girls arm and moved her to the seat that was across from Kevin. She then moved back to Kevin, wrapping her arm around his. "Now, let's start eating!" Amber picked up a sandwich and started to feed Kevin.

Making a confused face, the young girl stared down at her plate and started to eat. Feeling someone staring upon her, she looked up. A bit shocked, she saw Kevin holding out his sandwich to her.

Amber hit his hand. "No! Husbands only feed their wives!" Amber scrunched her face and looked at the young girl with hatred. "_____, if you keep this up, you'll have to stop eating with us."

Kevin started to protest, "Hey, I'm the one---"

"Ah, ah, ah!" Amber silenced him. "I saw what happened. Now, back to eating." Amber kissed Kevin's cheek.

Kevin's face showed that he wanted to say something, but he kept his mouth shut while Amber feed him a tiny sandwich.

Upset, the young girl stood up and left the table. She heard Kevin call out, but Amber said something that kept his attention off of her. She didn't care. She just didn't want to loose Amber's and hers relationship, so she thought it was better to leave. Maybe better to never talk to Kevin again, she thought to herself.

A couple of droplets hit her nose as she sat down on the pavement. Remembering the day with Kevin, she thought about what life would be like if she really did stop talking to Kevin. I've only known him for a month, the girl thought, again not wanting to ruin a good relationship with Amber.

More droplets fell and then it was pouring. Standing up quickly, she ran to her house.

"______!" A voice yelled from behind her.

Turning around, she saw Kevin running up to her. Worried, the young girl turned back around, not wanting to talk to him.

"Wait! You forgot something!" Kevin caught up to her. Spinning her around, Kevin handed her, her purse. Kevin blushed, looking down on the girl. "I was about to keep it until later, but then I saw you and I just had to give it back to you." He smiled.

Frowning, the young girl said, "You shouldn't talk to me anymore. I don't want to loose my friendship with Amber." She crossed her arms, forgetting about the rain that was continuously pouring.

A mixture of shocked and sadness fell upon Kevin's face, which slightly confused the young girl. "W-what? But I like talking to you!" Kevin tried to smile.

"Yeah, well, if I keep doing stuff with you, then Amber will get mad and stop talking to me."

"Is everything up to Amber?" Kevin butted in.

Gawking, the younger scoffed, "N-no! It's not Amber's decision, it's mine!" The girl held her purse tightly and stuck her tongue out at Kevin.

Kevin didn't believe her. Crossing his own arms, Kevin stepped closer to the girl. "So if Amber said that she was going to jump off a cliff, would you?"

Unsure of what to answer---and not know excatly what a cliff was---she nodded. "Yeah, she's my best friend! I do everything with her!" The young girl pouted.

Taking the young girl's hands, he stared straight into her eyes and asked, "Do you like being my friend?" His heart dropped, figuring that he'd already knew the answer. This girl was pretty predictable.

The young girl nodded, and before she could answer, Kevin kissed her cheek. Blushing, she asked, "B-but, aren't you Amber's husband?" She tried to pull her hand away.

Smiling, Kevin shook his head. "I don't want to be her husband, I want to be yours."