[VIII.]

「Catch me!」
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

Quelque part, j'ai oublié mon coeur.

 

 

Yixing stared with a hint of a smile at a wide eyed Junmyeon fidgeting in his bus seat with a mix of excitement and curiosity; it seemed like it was his first time ever riding a bus. The brunette raised an eyebrow at the way Junmyeon appeared to be so fascinated with everyone and everything in the nothing but usual said bus.

“Why are you staring at me like that? Do I have something on my face?” Junmyeon questioned; pale fingers touching even paler skin in inspection. Meanwhile Yixing just stared at him even more intensely than before, turning Junmyeon into a ball of anxiety.

“What’s wrong? Yixing? Hello?” Junmyeon waved his hand at the younger; nearly slapping him.

For a doctor, Junmyeon was very child-like, his lips were pursed into a slight pout, brows furrowed and hand still moving in front of Yixing’s face. He seemed really bothered by the way Yixing was ignoring him, not to forget staring daggers at him for no specific reason.

“Yixing what’s wrong?” Junmyeon bumped his shoulder against the brunette’s one playfully, Yixing grinned and bumped the shorter male’s shoulder back a bit too hard, making the other male groan softly.

“I don’t get it Doctor Kim. I asked you to come with me and you just…did. Aren’t you afraid of me? We don’t even know each other that well. What if I kidnapped you or something? You did bump into my precious car after all.” Junmyeon couldn’t help but let out a loud chuckle at what the younger said.

“You don’t look like a kidnapper to me. To be honest you don’t look harmful at all, you’re too cute to be the bad boy you’re pretending to be.” Yixing pulled a face at the elder; the latter just shrugged.

“For your information Doctor Kim I am a bad boy. I always ignore red lights and I’ve never been caught, not even once.” Yixing sounded very proud of himself while Junmyeon just snorted; a sleazy smile forming on his pale face.

“Plus I am in no way a cute person, don’t ever dare call me cute again or else…” The brunette trailed; eyes squinting.

“Or else what? Are you going to ignore a red light again Mr. Bad boy? Oh wait you don’t even have a car anymore.” The shorter male said teasingly; making Yixing huff in annoyance.

“Haha, very funny Doctor Kim.” Yixing rolled his eyes when the paler male poked his tongue at him.

“Stop calling me Doctor Kim. You can call me Junmyeon you know, I’m only a few months older than you after all.”

“How did you know?”

“I read your file when you came to my hospital that day.”

“ert stalker...” Junmyeon smiled; eyes tracing the younger's face carefully. The brunette could feel his cheeks burning at the way he was being eyed; it was like Junmyeon was trying to solve or find something on Yixing’s tomato like flushed face. “Cutie pie.”

“I said don’t call me that!” Yixing raised a clenched fist with narrowed eyes; trying to scare the doctor off, yet he failed miserably as Junmyeon just laughed loudly at him.

“Cute! Cute cute cute cute cute! You’re cute. Zhang Yixing is a cutie pie~” Junmyeon sing-songed making the brunette growl in annoyance while crossing his arms over his chest in irritation.

 

 

 

 

At the meantime in another part of the city, Jongin was trying really hard to ignore his annoying friends. He buried his face in his arms; hoping he’ll doze off or somehow become deaf.

He could hear people screaming and fangirling over a certain Huang Zitao somewhere near their table; it was the first time in months since the said boy finally decided to show up for some reason.

Their college was so proud of the famous young model. Huang Zitao was every student’s dream and every professor’s nightmare. The boy was so full of himself, he avoided pretty much all the other students in here. He usually preferred sitting by himself; hands busy with an expensive phone while ignoring the world.

Jongin never saw what other people did, he still couldn’t figure out why Sehun liked Tao so much, it was absurd really. His friend (like many others) was blinded by the model’s hairspray apparently.

“No but can you see how he’s glancing at me every two seconds? I’m telling you guys that dude has a crush on me. I just don’t know if I should talk to him or not. What if he’s just trying to win a bet or something? You know like how all the lead actors in dramas do.” Jinri, his classmate and best friend said while eying Choi Minho from behind Sehun’s shoulder.

“Tao looks so good with blond hair don’t you think? Look at his tight leather pants…oh my god! He’s flawless. Can’t someone just shoot me already?” Jongin mumbled under his breath that he would love to, but was ignored by everyone else in their table.

“I don’t really think he’s that good looking. I mean he’s okay. People tend to overreact just because he’s a model.” Soojung muttered while looking at her sparkling nails.

“Are you blind?” Jongin wanted to say that 'No Oh Sehun you are.' but wasn’t really in the mood for this kind of talks. “Huang Zitao is perfect from head to toe!” Soojung just rolled her eyes at the (hopelessly in love with Huang Zitao) pale boy.

“Guys what about me? What should I do? What if he asks me out on a date or something?” Jinri wailed at them and Jongin sighed deeply when Soojung poked him rather harshly with her slightly long sharp nail.

“Why are you so quiet birthday boy?” Oh yes, today was Jongin’s birthday and he hated nothing more than he did hate this specific day. The so-called birthday, the day when he was brought to this world. The day when his biological parents decided that he wasn’t really worth keeping and that he’ll be better off thrown at some orphanage.

“Jongin tell her that Tao is perfect. This idiot right here clearly needs glasses.” Jinri chuckled from across the table while Soojung just rolled her eyes once again at the silly pale male.

“Get over it, hun-ah. Back to you Kkamjong, what are your plans for your birthday tonight? Are you taking us to that new club in Gangnam?” Soojung batted her long eyelashes in a cute way at Jongin even though he couldn’t see her.

“Nini doesn’t like birthdays. Although he really likes it when Kyungsoo hyung makes cake for him and spoils him in this day.” Sehun snorted when Jongin raised his head to glare furiously at him.

“I thought Kyungsoo hyung always spoils him?” Jinri asked; a slight pout forming on her pink lips.

“He does but in his birthday it’s so much worse.” Soojung laughed loudly when Jongin threw a piece of lettuce at the younger’s face.

“Why don’t you confess already Jongin? You’re just torturing yourself like this. You never know maybe he likes you too, in the same way I mean.” Soojung said; head resting between small hands.

“Can we not talk about this? Please?” The tanned male groaned in distress.

“He’s a coward Soojung-ah. Plus Kyungsoo hyung only sees him as a little brother so he’s just wasting his time to be honest.” Sehun pouted when Tao stood up from his seat and left.

“I’m not wasting my time Sehun!” Soojung smiled softly at the troubled Jongin.

“You know Jongin, you won’t have forever to confess to Kyungsoo. You’ve already wasted so many chances.” A silence washed over the place for a few seconds; Jongin gazing at nothing specific in agony, Sehun still sulking because Tao left already and Soojung glancing from Jongin to Sehun. However the silence was soon interrupted by an overexcited Jinri.

“I love cakes so I’m definitely coming!” Jongin stared in absolute awe at Jinri as she exclaimed her thoughts. “Make sure to prepare some delicious side dishes.”

“I’m coming too Kkamjong. Don’t forget the alcohol.” Before he could shout at them and tell them that they weren’t even invited to his small birthday party, the bell rang and everyone expect him and Sehun disappeared into their classes or whatever places they were heading to. 

“Is your boy toy coming?” Jongin reburied his face in his arms in frustration.

“Well can I at least invite Tao?” Sehun winced in pain when Jongin poked his pale arm with a fork.

 

 

 

 

They arrived at their destination after a thirty-minute bus ride. Junmyeon stared at the blue sky and golden sand; a wide grin plastered on his face. Yixing loved this place; the sun is blinding at it emerges; it rises like a yellow balloon on the distant horizon. It’s beautiful. The sound of waves crashing and seagulls made the two males sigh in sheer content.

“Why are we here?” Junmyeon asked; soft brown eyes staring at the brunette’s ones.

“Adventure.” Yixing simply stated making the slightly shorter male raise a brow in confusion.

“Adventure?”

“Yep. We’re treasure hunting. I used to come here during my second year in Seoul; this place was like a sanctuary for me in some sort.” Junmyeon smiled; but his expression hinted that he still didn’t figure out how they were going to have an adventure in this place or how they were going to treasure hunt in a shore.

“Metal detecting.” Yixing chirped; like it was the most obvious thing they could do on a shore.

 

The brunette brought two metal detectors from a guy who rented those things out; as it looked like for junmyeon it was something that old man clearly did for a living. They were a few other people doing the same next to them. An old couple enjoying themselves in this unusual hobby and two other young girls laughing loudly at something they found.

Both junmyeon and yixing decided that it was much better if they took their shoes off; so they could feel the heat through the sand their toes were buried under.

The brunette suggested that it would be much fun for them if they made a bet; junmyeon chuckled at the overconfident chinese boy before nodding in approval. The bet was pretty simple; the first one among the two who manages to find something by that metal detector gets to ask whatever his heart desires. They both folded the hem of their pants’ so they could set off on their adventure.

Yixing was running with that metal thing in his hand; jumping from side to side, clearly adamant on wining. While on the other hand junmyeon was walking slowly and with steady steps; brows furrowed in concentration.

One of those girls screamed in joy; startling all the remaining adventurers. Apparently she found a golden necklace;

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter