[X.]

「Catch me!」
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

A starless sky.

 

 

 As soon as Sehun fell asleep, Jongdae was out running like a mad man toward the bus stop under a starless dark sky. He miraculously managed to find a new job with a respective salary, although this currently found job was in the wee hours of the morning, the brown-haired male was pretty much content with it. As long as he doesn’t get caught sneaking out by the others, he’ll be just fine.

Jongdae grinned widely when he spotted Chunji leaning against the host club’s door (he recently started working at) waiting for him. It was fun, really. Working at a host club with so many pretty boys and girls, spending the nights talking to attractive, rich strangers was extremely fun for someone like Jongdae. He didn’t have to do much, the Tsubaki host club was run by a middle aged Japanese couple. The two were very nice to every single person that worked there and they spoke minimal Korean, although the couple had lived for years in Seoul, so Jongdae didn’t have to worry about getting scolded by them (not that he did anything worth scolding for, but anyway). He sincerely enjoyed the small chitchats he was able to have with different kind of people every night at that club.

“You’re late.” His blond friend slash coworker stated with narrowed Kohl rimmed eyes.

“I’m always late, I thought you'd be used to it by now Chanhee-ah.” Jongdae half hugged the irritated male before shoving him toward the club with a loud chuckle.

 

He was known by ‘Chen’ in the Tsubaki host club, Jongdae wasn’t as popular as some of the other host boys, but he had his fair share of admirers and he was pretty proud of himself because of that. The customers’ (both men and women) all time favorite boy was Ahn Jaehyo, the latter was by far the most gorgeous man he ever had the chance to encounter in his entire life. The elder male was both good looking and charmingly smart, so who wouldn’t want a piece of a living anime character by the name of Ahn Jaehyo? Anyone in their right mind would.

“Guys! Guys! Have you heard the latest news?” Himchan suddenly popped out of nowhere with wide dreamy eyes.

“What news?” Chunji asked with a raised brow while Jongdae just shook his head no.

“Jaejoong and Yunho are getting married next week! They run away to America!” Himchan informed; voice laced with sheer excitement.

“Really? Wow! That’s like so cool. I’m so happy for them! I can’t believe my ship is actually sailing for real.” Chunji said as he high fived an over-enthusiastic Himchan.

“Finally, I’m proud of them. They’ve been through so much, they deserve to be happy…I really hope they will be.” Jongdae shared with a smile.

You see Kim Jaejoong was one of the first few people who started working in here as a host, he run away from his house and family to escape being physically abused and dealing with jerks who loved teasing him simply because he had a feminine face and a quirky attitude as some of them would say. Yunho on the other hand was a very powerful business man that once agreed to give this place a visit just for the heck of it, and ended up meeting the pretty, sweet hearted, shy boy Jaejoong.

Just like in dramas, Jaejoong and Yunho fell in love too hard, too soon. The business man would visit the pretty faced male at every giving chance; he paid for all of Jaejoong’s hours so the only one allowed having time with him would be Yunho and no other. 

Both boys were like the ‘Romeo and Juliet’ of this club, even the middle aged Japanese couple loved seeing them together. They were precious for everyone who knew them, but happiness doesn’t usually last for couples like Yunho and Jaejoong. They came from different worlds, soon the heaven they were living in, collapsed into a living hell of nightmares.

 

“They won’t last, they’re way too different.” Minhyun butted-in from nowhere with a sly smirk.

“What the hell are you talking about? Yunho hyung and Jaejoong hyung are madly in love with each other! And they’re getting married next week you dweeb!!” Chunji gritted angrily.

“Wanna bet? Next week Jaejoong hyung will be back heartbroken with red puffy eyes.” Jongdae’s blond friend was about to jump with a clenched fist on top of Minhyun but was soon stopped by Himchan.

“Minhyun stop talking like that! Yunho hyung would never dare hurt Jaejoong hyung. He went against his parents’ wishes by running away with the one he loves more than anything in this world, isn’t that enough of a proof for you?” Himchan glared at the younger, surprisingly taller male.

“Pfft, yeah right. Rich people can’t live without money Himchan hyung. His parents cut him off, it won’t take him long to kiss their feet and ask them for forgiveness. I’m not saying this because I don’t want Jaejoong hyung to be happy. I love hyung but I don’t trust that Yunho guy.” Minhyun added before anyone could cut him off. “Plus, let’s face it…people like Jaejoong hyung—people like us, don’t get to have happy endings with Yunho like guys.” He was right, Jongdae didn’t want to interfere but Minhyun was right. They all knew he was right. Some worlds are just not meant to intertwine with one another.

 

Jongdae nodded emotionlessly as some faceless customer started reciting his life for him; Minhyun’s words kept running through his mind. It was sad how his Jaejoong hyung had to suffer just because he was poor. Love wasn’t supposed to have a price tag on it, was it? It was so unfair and Jongdae felt furious all of a sudden as he remembered his own unprivileged background.

When he bid goodbye to an unusually sad looking Chunji by the end of his shift, Jongdae walked toward the bus stop with cheshire like lips drawn into a thin line. He was staring intensely at the ground while trying to erase his past’s awful memories away from his mind, therefore he missed a tall lanky figure swaying from side to side, heading right toward him.

“Watch where you’re going!” Jongdae was met -first with the hard ground which made him groan in pain; he lifted his gaze to yell at the person who made him fall and even dared blaming him for it.

“What the hell is your problem? Are you blind or something?! I’ll ing teach you how to—” Jongdae soon enough realized that he knew who that person was and stopped himself in mid-sentence.

“Apple guy?” Chanyeol stared at the male on the floor with wide round eyes. “Apple guy! It is you isn’t it? Apple guy I’ve missed you so much! I wrote my number for you why didn’t you call me apple guy?!” Jongdae could clearly see that the tall guy was drunk; his red cheeks and unfocused eyes weren’t exactly helping in hiding the fact.

“What number? And stop calling me apple guy!” The male with curly brown hair got himself up with a long, deep sigh.

“I sent apple boxes to your house—orphanage? Whatever, you didn’t get them? There was a number on the note I wrote for you. It had my initials on it too, you didn’t recognize my name?”

“Of course I didn’t! How the hell would you expect me to know your name or that it was you who sent those? And how the hell do you expect me to pay for something I didn’t ask for in the first place?” Jongdae growled, he didn’t need drunken people to mess with him in his already messed up state.

“Why would you pay me?”

“Why would you send them if not for money?” Chanyeol stared at the shorter male for a few seconds before bursting out into an obnoxious fit of laughter.

“Why are you laughing? You know what, I don’t even want to know. I don’t have time for this.” Jongdae was about to walk away before Chanyeol grabbed his wrist and stopped him from moving.

“I don’t want your money…I want—I want…” Jongdae blinked his beautiful eyes at the taller male and Chanyeol felt his heartbeat stop for a second.

“What do you want?” Jongdae’s voice was so soft and in a way hypnotizing to the taller male’s ears.

“I—I lost my way home…I can’t remember where my house is. Can you help me? I’m a bit drunk.” Chanyeol scratched the back of his head in embarrassment while his eyes avoided every possible contact with Jongdae’s ones.

“Dude, I’m sorry but it’s late. I need to get to my house as well.” Chanyeol bit his lower lip before nodding.

“I understand, it’s okay. I’ll just…I’ll just try to locate it myself I guess, or ask some nice guy to help me find it.” Nice guy? In this late hour? That was nearly impossible. Jongdae eyed the taller male before a groan escaped his mouth.

“Okay. Fine. I’ll help you.”

“You’re a life saver!” Chanyeol beamed, his body moved unconsciously toward Jongdae’s slim one, probably to hug the shorter male, but soon lost balance and was met with the hard floor just like Jongdae's did minutes ago.

“What an idiot.” The brown-haired male muttered under his breath.

 

 

Somehow Jongdae ended up piggybacking the heavy, taller male. He couldn’t believe what he was doing for a complete stranger (well not really a stranger, but anyway).

“Apple guy?” Jongdae moved his shoulder just enough for him to hit the giant’s mouth, his hot breath was beginning to seriously bother him, especially considering the fact that the man on his back didn’t stop talking not for one second since they first met half an hour ago.

“Jongdae! My name is Jongdae! Stop calling me that!”

“Okay. I’m sorry. Apple Jongdae, your hair smells very nice.” Jongdae sighed at the new nickname before rolling his eyes at the taller male’s last remark.

“It does? What does it smell like?”

“Like flowers and apple pies.” Chanyeol said after resting his left cheek on Jongdae’s right shoulder.

“I haven’t showered in two days straight giant. Keep the silly lie to yourself. My hair probably smells like sweat and right now.” Jongdae groaned in pain when Chanyeol moved his body into a more comfortable position without asking him first.

“Well whatever you’re talking about smells nice to me apple Jongdae.” The shorter male rolled his eyes yet again at the drunken male on his back (his poor poor back, which was probably going to get all sore in the next day or in that same day or…whatever).

“Where the hell is your house? I’m starting to think that you’re just faking this whole amnesia thingy.”

“No I’m not! I really forgot—wait I just remembered something!”

“What? What is it?”

“My house is somewhere…” Jongdae stopped in his tracks and turned his face slightly towards Chanyeol’s one with wide expectation-filled eyes.

“Where? Where is it?”

“Somewhere? I mean I’m pretty sure it’s somewhere around…around…somewhere…”

“Listen you drunk giant! I’ll ing throw you off my back and beat the out of you! For the last time where the hell is your house?”

“There! I remember now, I live there!” Chanyeol pointed with his chin at the dark blue sea, a wide proud grin on his face.

“What are you, a merman?”

“No, I live in a yacht.” Too different. Some worlds are just too different. Jongdae stared at the luxurious yacht in front of him with gloomy feline like eyes.

“Can you help me in? I’m not sure I can properly walk on my own yet.” Jongdae couldn’t really understand why he was doing what he was doing. Piggybacking a heavy talkative ridiculously rich Yoda wasn’t exactly something the brown-haired male would rather do in a late hour like this one. He should be at home at the moment, Kyungsoo would be up anytime soon and if god forbids he doesn’t find Jongdae there, the latter would have to deal with so much uncalled for drama for the rest of his life.

The interior of the yacht was even worse. The brown-haired boy couldn’t believe that people can afford things like this boat or yacht or ship or whatever, and not do anything to help the underprivileged ones. Life was so cruel.

Jongdae helped Chanyeol into his bedroom with a lot of difficulties, because the giant for some reason refused to get off his already sore back, claiming it was comfy enough for him to sleep on the bony back of the brown-haired male (totally ridiculous right?) which led to Jongdae throwing him harshly on his king sized bed with rated, life threatening curses. Somehow though, Jongdae ended up falling along with Chanyeol. The giant managed to drag him down and with a swift motion trapped him under his much bigger body.

 

“Why aren’t you blushing apple Jongdae?” After a long two minutes of staring at each other’s eyes, Chanyeol broke the silence with a raised brow.

“Why would I? You’re crashing me, fat ! Get off!”

“But…but you’re supposed to blush apple Jongdae. Usually when I’m in this position with someone, the person under me gets all red and shy. Why isn’t your face getting all red and stuff?” Jongdae couldn’t help but chuckle at the idiot on top of him.

“Because, giant Yoda, I don’t feel anything towards you. Hell, we don’t even know each other.”

“You don’t? Really? Why? I mean, am I not good looking enough for you?”

“Huh? I don’t care if you’re good looking or not…I…I’m not…” Chanyeol was actually extremely good looking if Jongda

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter