[I.]

「Catch me!」
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

C'est la vie. 

 

 

Life is a journey, a beautiful experience. It’s filled with ups and downs, sometimes it gives you joy and in other times pain. It’s unpredictable and enigmatic, dark and strange. It’s like an unfixable puzzle, filled with unfinished pieces, yet so addictive.

Life is a .

 

 

 

Yixing smiled proudly at his huge phone screen, he looked extremely adorable with fluffy pink bunny ears. The brunette was still contemplating on whether or not he should send it to his lover and was about to hit the send button when someone knocked on his office door.

The pale male looked up from his phone to find a very flustered Byun Baekhyun chewing on his lower lip as if he was nervous about something.

“Mr. Zhang I was sent to—I was—“ Yixing raised an brow at how weird his secretary was behaving.

“Baek, what’s wrong? Why are you stuttering?” The slightly shorter male cleared his throat.

“Mr. Zhou asked to see you in his office.” Yixing chuckled as he gave Baekhyun an ‘Are you serious?’ look.

“And?” Baekhyun averted his brown eyes from the older male’s gaze.

“He just asked to see you, I don’t know—I don’t know why...” Yixing got up from his chair smiling. Why send a picture when he could show it to him himself?

“I have no idea what’s wrong with you today Baek. Is it that time of the month again?” The younger huffed and glared at his boss in annoyance.

“I can’t believe he missed me already.” Yixing bit on his lower lip in anticipation, not noticing one bit the look of apology on his Korean secretary’s face.

 

 

Life is full of chances, full of choices. Life can break you down in a glimpse.

 

The brunette knocked on his secret lover’s door impatiently; he couldn’t wait to see him, to kiss the living breath out of him. It’s been a long two hours since he last saw him after all.

“Come in.” The velvet like voice uttered from behind the closed door. Yixing grinned wildly before pushing the door open.

Zhoumi looked up from his scattered papers on the expensive wooden desk and Yixing was more than taken aback when the older male didn’t smile back at him like he’s used to; instead the taller male frowned and sighed bitterly.

“Mr. Zhang, I'm afraid I have bad news for you.” Mr. Zhang? Yixing could swear his mouth looked nothing less than a super-massive black hole at that moment. Zhoumi was using formalities with him? Bad news? What ing bad news? Was he breaking up with him? 

The brunette walked closer to the taller male, but was soon stopped in his tracks when the latter took off their silver couple ring.

The older Chinese male handed Yixing some papers and the brunette—to his horror—knew exactly what they were.

“Zhoumi what are you doing?”

“Mr. Zhang, the Wu Magazine no longer needs your service. These are your resignation papers, I need you to sign those up for me.” To say the younger male was shocked was probably the understatement of the year.

“Zhoumi...?” Yixing blinked at the taller male in bewilderment.

The dark-haired male’s cold expression melted into a somehow empathic frown.

“Xing, look I know this sounds terrible but please can't you just sign these papers up for me without making an unnecessary fuss about it?” Zhoumi walked closer to the younger and cupped his cheeks with large warm hands.

“What the are you talking about? Is this some kind of a sick joke? What are you getting at?” The younger gritted. “I worked my off for this lousy Magazine!” The brunette pushed the older away.

“I know you did, but this is not my call.” Yixing glared at him in disbelief.

“They can’t just kick me out like this, I was the main reason behind this ing Magazine’s success!” He couldn’t believe Zhoumi wasn't on his side, he couldn’t believe he was being fired after all the achievements he brought to this like Magazine. 

“Yes they can Xing, the chairman’s son is coming back from Canada, he wants his son to start off as editor in chief of the Wu Magazine before he—“ Zhoumi was cut off by Yixing’s anger-laced tone.

“What about us? Why did you take our couple ring off?” The older male cleared his throat.

“Victoria is coming back this afternoon, our wedding day is getting closer...” The younger clenched his jaw in irritation.

“What about me?” Zhoumi took a long, deep breath.

“I don’t think it’s safe for us to—I don’t think we should see each other again. Victoria is going to live with me from now on, you can’t come to my place again Yixing. I’m so—“ The sound of something shuttering jolted Zhoumi up.

“I’m not leaving this Magazine! You can’t kick me out Zhoumi! I won’t sign those damn papers!!” Yixing’s hand was bleeding, but the real throbbing pain was in his heart. He thought the older man loved him, they were so happy. Although he was engaged and soon to be married to Victoria Song, Zhoumi always did his best to spoil and shower Yixing with attention. Always made sure Yixing felt wanted.

For once in his life Zhang Yixing thought he was loved. 

“I’m sorry but there is nothing I could do. Mr. Wu said he’ll pay you a respective sum of money after you’d signed the resignation papers.” Yixing couldn’t believe what was happening, just this morning Zhoumi was kissing him hard and telling him just how much he loved and appreciated his existence in his life. Just this morning he was Zhang Yixing the successful editor in chief of the Wu Magazine.

What the was happening?

 

“I won’t sign them.”

“It’s not a choice Yixing.”

“I won’t sign those damn papers!”

“Yes you will.”

“Over my dead body!!” Zhoumi looked annoyed at how thick-headed the younger was behaving while the brunette was on the verge of tears, this was too much to take in at once.

In a state of sheer anger and sense of betrayal, Yixing started hitting and breaking everything that came to his reach. Zhoumi sighed as he called the security to take the over-dramatic male out.

Two very bulky males—who were usually extremly polite and nice to the brunette—came running to stop him from his mad man parody. He tried to free himself from their iron like grips on both of his arms but to no avail. He never felt as helpless and defeated in his entire life.

“I can’t believe you’re doing this to me!” Yixing spat at Zhoumi in disgust.

“I’m sorry. It’s Mr. Wu’s orders.” Zhoumi wiped his face and mentioned for the two security guards to take the brunette out-- to discard him like trash. 

“I will show you! You’ll regret this, all of you!!” Yixing kept kicking and screaming as he was being carried out. The pale male tried to play it off as if he wasn’t phased or rather embarrassed by the way all of his colleagues were staring at him—some in sheer shock and others, pretty much most of them, with mocking grins plastered all over their faces—yet he failed miserably as his face turned a dark shade of red and his eyes watered in absolute humiliation.

 

 

After being kicked out—literally—Yixing sat on the pavement feeling defeated and exhausted. He couldn’t believe his perfect life was trembling down. The brunette wiped his tears of shame as he called his best friend Luhan. After a few seconds his deer like friend finally picked the call up.

“What’s up ?” Yixing chuckled bitterly at his friend’s way of addressing him.

“You won’t believe what happened to me, Lu.” The brunette sighed as he got himself up. What’s the point of sitting there anyway, it’s not like Zhoumi would come running

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter