[IV.]

「Catch me!」
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

La vie est totalement contre moi.

 

 

Yixing slowly blinked his eyes open, the first thing his vision was met with, was a blurry bright light. It was official then, Zhang Yixing at the age of twenty five got killed by his own stupid idea. He couldn’t believe he was dumb enough to trust teenagers into a dangerous plan like burning down a building. Now he was lying down waiting for death to come. The brunette was a big fan of the ‘Forever Young’ concept, he was constantly talking about how great it would be if he managed to live his life fully and die before becoming old and useless. At the moment he regretted every word, it wasn’t great at all, Yixing wasn’t ready yet. He was scared to death (funny, he was already dead so there was no need for exaggeration anyways).

There was so many things the brunette still didn’t have the chance to do or experience.

 

A faint voice, barely audible was addressing him. Probably some demon doing his job by making sure he was in the right place. He was killed by fire and ended up in a place filled with heat and flames. How lovely was that?

“Mr. Zhang? Can you hear me?” Actually it was lovely indeed, he was being respected in hell. How awesome was that? Being called Mr. Zhang made the brunette’s pride swell; was he the new leader of the inferno or something?

“Zhang Yixing can you hear me?” Wait a minute, the voice was kind of familiar. The brunette blinked his eyes, slowly adjusting his brown orbs to the light, and this time it wasn’t a bright light his gaze was met with, it was a face. The same face he was met with when his beloved car was bumped into.

“Mr. Zhang can you hear me?” So he was still alive after all, huh? Lucky bastard! But where was he? And what was that moron doing there blinking stupidly at him and asking even stupider questions?

“What happened? Where am I?” The pale doctor sighed in relief.

“I’ll explain how you ended up in here later. Now that we've made sure you’re alright, you need to take some rest Mr. Zhang.” The brunette was about to say something but the annoying doctor didn’t give him a chance; raising his hand for him to stop.

“You’re not fully recovered Mr. Zhang. Rest now, talk later.” Yixing glared at the other male who held his gaze with furrowed brows; a shaky sigh leaving his lips. Soon enough Yixing couldn’t help but give in to sleep.

 

 

 

 

Yixing felt a hot breath tickle his pale sensitive neck, he squirmed trying to get the uncomfortable feeling vanish. Even after a while the hot breath was still disturbing him, so the brunette opted to just open his eyes and shout venom-filled insults at whoever it was that he was being bothered by.

“What the ? Stop it!” Yixing tried to get himself up, but ended up growling in pain. His back was terribly sore and his head was two seconds away from exploding.

“Gege! You’re alive!!” O-ing-course it was none other than Huang Zitao, who else would it be? He was the only one who dared doing such things to him, the brunette spoiled him too much.

“Taozi? Who told you I was here? And how many times should I remind you that I hate it when people blow on my neck!”

“Luhan—“ The brunette’s eyes widened at the name.

“How the did Luhan know? Why is he everywhere, seriously? ” The pale male groaned even louder in pain; screaming at the younger wasn’t exactly helping with his throbbing headache.

“Calm down Yixing ge, the guy who saved you called the last number you talked to on your phone. Luhan ge is now asking the doctor about your wellbeing. Minseok hyung is here too.” Yixing blinked at him before asking.

“The guy who saved me?” Tao grinned widely.

“Yep! A very cool guy named Yifan, he said you passed out the moment—“

“Yifan? Wu Yifan is the guy who saved me? I didn’t pass out Taozi, the flames were just too much—I was actually trying to save him but…I even tried to carry him out but he was too heavy. I was the one who saved him. I was in the zone, you know how I am when someone is in danger right? I was about to jump off from the roof with him in my arms but—“

“But ended up blacking out instead?” A deep voice uttered suddenly and Yixing blushed deeply in embarrassment.

“Yifan ge!” Tao sounded extremely excited when the blond poked his head from behind the door. When the hell did those two become friends?

“I’m here to check on him, he looks fine to me though.” The tall blond was standing with a smirk gracing his handsome face; not a single trace from the accident (It wasn’t really an accident, it was all planed but anyways) no scratches no nothing.

“I’ll go look for Luhan, he’d sure love to see you Yixing ge. He was worried sick about you.” The brunette doubted so. Yifan on the other hand smiled fondly at Tao when he passed by him. His gaze was soon brought back to the brunette’s when the door closed.

“So you saved me, huh?” The blond took a seat next to the blushing mess on the hospital’s bed.

“I don’t know what you’re talking about.” Yixing said; staring intensely at the white sheets on his lap, they were for some unknown reason extremely interesting.

“You were behind the whole thing weren’t you?” Yifan’s voice was terrifyingly calm; he didn’t sound angry at all or maybe it was just Yixing being delusional.

“I’m not feeling well. Can you please leave? I mean thank you for bringing me here and all, but I’m not—“ The blond cut his mumbles off.

“You’re not what? You’re not brave enough to say the truth? You were brave when you decided to burn the Magazine down. Why not just admit that you were the one behind the—wait why did you do it by the way?”

“Do what? I didn’t do anything!” Yixing was clenching his fists; contemplating on whether or not he should call one of the nurses to kick the blond out.

“Look, I’ll make a deal with you. But if you don’t admit that you were the one who tried to burn the building, I’ll turn you—“

“Wait, what do you mean by ‘tried’. The Magazine wasn’t burned down to ashes?” The blond chuckled; a disgustingly cute gummy smile pronounced on his face.

“I see, so it was you. Look I’ll make a great deal with you. I’m not sure why would someone resign and then comeback with a grudge to burn his old work place down for, but I don’t really care so—“

“Resign? I didn’t resign! I’ve been kicked out so you could easily take my position! The position I worked so hard for!!” The brunette couldn’t believe that this shameless guy still had the nerves to come and threaten him after all of what he'd caused.

“Zhoumi said you wanted to resign.” Yifan snorted before adding. “I don’t need your position to take over my own company Zhang Yixing. You’re dumber than I thought.” The brunette just stared at him; eyes wide and mouth gaping.

“Zhoumi said that Mr. Wu wanted me out so you could…he even offered me a big sum of money. I don’t get it.” The brunette was getting confused. Why would Zhoumi say he was the one who asked for resignation?

“Maybe he was just trying to get rid of you. I noticed you were throwing his fiancé’s pictures away, you probably got too attached.”

Yixing was trying so hard not to cry, his eyes burned with restrained tears. Zhoumi lied to him, after using him for years the older guy got enough of him and just like an old furniture he was being thrown away. 

“It was me behind the whole thing.” The brunette whispered.

“Figured.” Yifan sniggered.

“I just felt that Mr. Wu treated me unfairly by kicking me out so his son could…you know...I wanted to revenge because after getting fired everything went downhill from there. I’ve been through so much these past three days, it’s just…I’m not—I just…” Yixing rubbed his eyes with the back of his right hand, adamant on not to cry.

“I won’t report you to the cops. I don’t give a damn about my father or his company, whoever was with you yesterday took all the money from the safe.” The brunette’s eyes went comically wide at hearing that; he had almost forgotten about the three idiots, they took all the money before setting the place on fire without giving a flying fish about him. “I don’t actually care about the money either, but I’m not going to just let you go easily like that. You’ll work for me from now on, you don’t get a say in this. You’ll be doing the same stuff you used to do in my father’s Magazine but under my supervision. I don’t feel like working so you’ll do all of it for me, and I promise you that you’ll have your great position back the moment I become CEO.”

“What?”

“Like you’ve heard, it’s not a proposal Zhang Yixing. You’ve tried to burn my father’s Magazine down, stole the money and punched me on the face while we were at the roof remember?” Yifan stood up from his seat; eyes still glued to the male lying on the bed.

“As I said earlier, you don’t get to object Lay.”

“Lay?” Yifan grinned; gums and all.

“I’m calling you Lay from now on, I’ll see you tomorrow at the company.” Yixing gaped at the blond who (believe it or not) winked at him before leaving.

He couldn’t think or talk, his mind has gone blank, the only thought swimming in his mind was that Zhoumi

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter