[XII.]

「Catch me!」
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

Lost boys.

 

 

Jongin stared absentmindedly at the wall length window in front of him as raindrops made contact with the glass; lightening brightly illuminating the reception room he was in.

It took Kyungsoo and Jongdae one long hour to finally come out and make an appearance. The tanned male quickly got on his feet with wide brown eyes. He had no clue of what could have happened in that room, many theories run through his head, from how his elder could have been threatened by death to the image of him being forced to give them an unbelievable amount of money to peacefully let him go. Worst case scenario though, was that he wasn’t going to be let free from that job for either option.

“What happened? What did they say? Are you guys okay?” Kyungsoo rolled his eyes and somehow the small, more than usual action made Jongin's tense muscles relax a bit.

“Yeah, yeah. They let him go. It’s not like he was a big shot or anything.” Jongdae gaped at the insult, quickly reacting by pushing Kyungsoo’s right shoulder.

“For your information Do Kyungsoo, I am a big shot! They just love me too much and want my happiness somewhere else where I’m more worth it! The guys in here know just how much being an doesn’t suit my perfection.”

“Yeah, well keep convincing yourself that.” Jongin blinked at his elders for a few minutes before cracking a smile and shaking his head at their silly bickering. Jongdae was finally over with his escorting phase, and that was more than a relief if the tanned male had to say.

“It’s raining like hell outside. It’ll be an adventure for us to reach the bus stop.” Jongin shared while eying the window wistfully.

“It wasn’t raining that hard in the morning.” Kyungsoo sighed.

“Let’s just wait for the storm to pass. The guys won’t mind if we stayed here for a little bit more. I even think two or three of the bodyguards have a thing for you Soo.” Jongdae nudged a flushed faced Kyungsoo with a wink, soonly afterwards regretting his choice of words and action.

“I thought you were the big shot in here?” Kyungsoo bit back after harshly slapping Jongdae’s arm.

“Ouch!” Jongin laughed at his curly haired elder before sending a message to Sehun informing him in it that they will take longer than planned to come back home.

 

 

-

 

 

Chanyeol groaned into his pillow for the seventh time that day, because no one was listening nor paying attention to him; although they were all gathered there for his sake. Baekhyun was long lost on his phone, obviously texting or maybe even ting with his boyfriend, who probably wasn’t even answering his texts back. Because as far as Chanyeol knew, Taekwoon wasn’t really into talking and Baekhyun talks, like talks a lot with no filter whatsoever. Meanwhile Minseok was shoving his tongue down Luhan’s throat like they were the only ones in that room, which happened to be Chanyeol’s room, who happened to be honestly disgusted by how shameful they were being. And they dared to call themselves his friends, the traitors.

“Pay me some attention god damn it!” Chanyeol was pretty sure he sounded like a big attention , but he was a needy person and he needed their attention ASAP.

It all started when Yifan, his supposed best pal, stopped hanging out with him. The blond Chinese became distant and snappy, a word or two can make him rage and flip a table for no logical reason. Chanyeol tried to be patient with him, he really did try, but sadly to no avail. Chanyeol was pretty sure that his best friend was hurt because a certain brunette refused to see him even after a week from the day he finally regained his consciousness.

It really worried Chanyeol how Yifan was slowly taking the same road as Yixing. They were both pushing their only friends away. Yifan was never close to his parents, he had no siblings and the only friend he had other than Chanyeol was a Canadian chick that lived miles away from him.

Yifan was probably somewhere drinking his pain and sorrow away. Chanyeol knew why he was hurting so much for something as silly as being ignored by someone you barely met.

He promised Yifan of not telling, but the secret was eating him alive. He needed distraction or else he’ll blow everything up for his best friend. That’s why he wanted his friends’ attention. Not wanted but needed it. He actually started disliking Yixing for treating them the way he was. He went through so much, yes Chanyeol can understand that, yet—yet Chanyeol didn’t really feel that sorry for him. Because Yixing wasn’t as nice as people saw him. He wasn’t as pure and angel like as Baekhyun liked to describe him. Yixing was actually an eternity far from being pure and nice. Chanyeol groaned for the eighth time at the thought, he really needed Jongdae's sweet lips to distract him from his pathetic friend's love life.

 

 

-

 

 

 

Junmyeon beamed at Yixing when the latter poked his head from behind the door, newly dyed soft ash brown hair, styled neatly in a side fringe.

“Missed me?” Joked the young doctor while gesturing for the brunette to come in. Yixing did as he was told and walked towards Junmyeon’s desk with a small smirk, his deep dimple making an appearance.

“Not really, just had nothing better to do, so I’ve decided to come bother you. Or you can entertain me if you’d like?” Junmyeon chuckled before crumpling a blank paper and throwing it Yixing’s way.

“I’m kidding, I’m kidding.” Yixing’s face broke into an amused smile, before settling himself on top of the doctor’s desk; ignoring the disapproval look on Junmyeon’s face.

“Doctor Lee sent me to give you her report of my mental status evaluation. You were right, she’s a nice lady. She even assured me that I haven't gone insane yet.” Junmyeon let out a short laugh before taking the report from the brunette’s hand.

“Yet.” Yixing snorted a laugh, not finding what Junmyeon said harmful at all.

“Umm, talking about ‘yet’ have you eaten yet doctor Kim?” Junmyeon nodded without glancing at Yixing's direction, too absorbed in reading the medical report. “What a shame. I was actually considering asking you out for launch. You were finally going to get your second date with me. What a pity really.”

“You’re right what a shame. I’m actually crying right now, but you can’t see the tears cause your head is far up your .” Yixing gasped with an amused face at Junmyeon’s choice of words, who still had his head bent down but with a smirk on display.

“Ooh, naughty naughty doctor. You should be punished for saying swear words like that to your patient.” The doctor shook his head, taking a quick glance at Yixing to wink at him before bringing back his focus on the piece of paper.

“And how are you planning on punishing me?” Junmyeon was really glad he and Yixing can talk and flirt freely like that. The fact that Yixing refused to see the others made him get more attached to the doctor than anyone else in these last few days. They weren’t dating, Yixing wasn’t his yet, but he’ll soon be and Junmyeon was more than sure of it. The brunette needed love and attention and Junmyeon was ready to give both. So it was only a matter of time until Yixing falls hard on his knees for him; Junmyeon will even make sure to carpet the floor for him with cotton and feathers so he won’t hurt himself.

“Umm, how about paying for my launch? I’m craving pizza can you order it for me?” Yixing batted his eyelashes and Junmyeon nodded instantly making a smirk of victory bloom on the brunette’s pale face. It amused Junmyeon to no end how confident the brunette seemed to be about being the one in control in this weird relationship they had going on. Oh, how wrong he was the poor thing.

“Jun, what does the report say about me?” Yixing’s tone was soft and hesitant.

“It says that you’re completely mental, Xing.” Petnames, it was a first step that Junmyeon proudly counted as a golden point for his sake.

“Stop it!” Yixing whined before reaching his hand to take the report from Junmyeon’s hand, who swiftly took it out of reach, making the brunette pout by his unexpected action.

“ you!” Yixing poked his tongue at the doctor childishly.

“Be my guest.” The brunette gaped at the black haired male with amusement yet again.

“You know, you’re pretty dirty for someone who doesn’t know what a ring is.”

“Who said I didn’t know it was a ring?”

“Wha—what? You knew what it was? But why—why would you act that way, I mean, why—“ Junmyeon cut him off with a sleazy smirk.

“To embarrass you of course.” Yixing was about to shout venom from his mouth when a knock on the door interrupted him. A male nurse with a stack of papers in his hands cleared his throat before asking permission to come in. Yixing hopped off the doctor’s desk with a slight blush on his face. It was one thing acting confident in front of Junmyeon and a whole lot of another acting that way in front of other people.

“Uh, doctor Kim if you’ll excuse me I have an appointment to attend.” Junmyeon laughed lightly under his breath before smiling politely at Yixing.

“Yeah, okay. Make sure to greet Mr. Dominos for me, yeah?” Yixing was about to bark a loud laugh, but quickly managed to restrain himself.

“I’ll make sure of it, Doctor Kim.”

“Mr. Zhang.” Yixing smiled one last time at Junmyeon before turning

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter