Chapter 8

A Band of Brothers
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

[Beijing, China.]

 

~ Hankyung’s POV ~

 

It is an ordinary day for everyone in the family. And yes, it is another ordinary day for me. I had to get up early for my class in school.

 

I got up from my bed and stretched my arms before going to eat some breakfast. I need more energy for my body because after school I work at any side jobs available. I still need to continue working so that I could pay my own tuition in college.

 

I know my parents were already burdened with many financial problems that I don’t want to add to it anymore. Instead I also want to help them if I can.

 

“Good morning mother,” I greeted her who is currently cooking fried rice.

 

“Good morning too, your food is already at the table. You can start eating now if you don’t want to be late at your class,” my mother said.

 

I obeyed and started eating my breakfast when something had caught my attention. There is a newly delivered letter on the table. Perhaps my mother was supposed to read it but forgot when she started cooking.

 

I grabbed my bowl and moved closer to the envelope and I noticed the seal. It came from SM Ent. I remembered I took the audition last year but I never heard from them after that so I forgot about them and thought that I failed.

 

Why would they send a letter to us? I wondered.

 

Without noticing that the letter was addressed to me, I grabbed and opened it. As I read it, I came to understand that this is a confirmation letter from SM that I had passed their auditions.

 

I had passed their auditions. I passed the auditions. I PASSED IT!!!

 

“Mom,” I suddenly exclaimed “this letter…,” I said holding it up high “…did it just arrived today?”

 

“Yeah the mailman just delivered that today why?” she said not even looking at what I am holding.

 

“Do you remember the audition thing that I did last year?” I carefully asked her.

 

“Yeah, what about it? Is it related to that?” she replied still busy with what she is doing.

 

“The letter says that I passed the auditions mother,” I said slowly hoping for what will be my mother’s reaction.

 

“You what?” she asked again but this time she looked at me with a confused yet surprised face.

 

“I passed the auditions. They are telling me to go to Korea to receive proper training from them,” I said trying to hold back my tears as I see my mother crying with happiness.

 

“I’m so proud of you son, I’m so happy for you,” she had stopped what she is doing and went to me to hug me tight. “What do you plan now?”

 

“I will finish college first before I go. Hopefully by next year but I will go training during vacations at school,” I replied while still in her embrace.

 

In that moment all I wanted was to dream for what the future has in store for me. It will be hard and full of challenges but I can do it. If I can then I will.

 

 

*               *                  *

 

[Seoul, South Korea]

 

~ Leeteuk’s POV ~

 

 

We had just finished one session of voice lessons today so the vocal coach had asked for a water break.

 

In here, it is not really tiring but your mouth will need lots of fluids so that it wouldn’t go dry and develop a sore throat. The coach will let you repeat lines until you hit the note that she wants.

 

“Jungsoo hyung let’s go to the cafeteria. My mouth is so dry I don’t think I can last until later,” Jongwoon begged me. He is also one of my trainee friends here. We mostly see each other during voice and composition classes.

 

“Me too. Sounds like I’m losing my voice,” I agreed to him.

 

We went down to the cafeteria while some of the trainees were using the time to take a short nap.

 

“How are you now? Does your father still against you pursuing music?” I asked him after we had sat down on one of the seats.

 

“Yeah, I don’t think he will ever agree with me. Before he even forbade me to listen to music and just study my books,” he said with a bowed head.

 

“Oh, he might have a change of heart once he sees you successful when you debut,” I tried to comfort him.

 

“I don’t know. At least my mother supports my ambition, she is even the one who pursued my audition,”

 

“It is good to hear about your mother’s support. She knows that you shouldn’t waste the voice of yours,” I said to my friend.

 

“I don’t know what I would probably do if she is not with me all the time, that is why I still prefer to go home instead of living in the dorms,”

 

“As long as we can we should enjoy living in our homes because you will never know when they will put us in project groups and live in a dorm,” I said.

 

“That sounds exciting, but I think we need to go back now,” he said looking at the wall clock behind the cashier.

 

We were glad that the session hasn’t started yet when we came back. The coach is still talking with a staff member and person whom I don’t know.

 

“What do you think they are talking about?” Jongwoon asked behind me.

 

I shrugged. I tapped the shoulders of one of the trainees and asked, “ What are they talking about?”

 

“Someone heard that they are planning another project group from the batch of trainees. Those three

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter