Chapter 3

A Band of Brothers
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

I did not hear anything until a week later; my sister came running to me at the train station. Our house doesn't have a toilet so we had to walk a few meters to the train station to use the toilet there.

 

"Noona? Why are you running? Do you have diarrhea? You just went here a while ago," I asked her innocently.

 

"Yah! What are talking about?" she smacked my shoulders lightly.  "Someone from SM came to our house! He wants to tell you something!"

 

Hearing her words, I sprinted fast back to home. This is it. It can either be good news or bad news. But I think it is good news because they wouldn't go find me if they don't want me.

 

I was catching my breath when I arrived and I immediately saw him, the same person who recorded my audition video.

 

"Good afternoon sir," I greeted first by bowing my head.

 

"Good afternoon too, I came here to announce to you the results of your audition," he started to talk and I listened to him patiently.

 

He opened some papers from his file folder. "...so according to the representatives, they are interested at your talents. You displayed a potential in dancing. They might also like the way you imitated Woohyuk," he said while smiling faintly.

 

"It is good to hear that sir, but I'm curious about how did it go. Did they accept me as a trainee?"

 

"About that... also that is why I'm here. They want you to come on Monday to sign as an official SM trainee."

 

"Does that mean I succeeded this time?" I asked again making sure that I understood his words well.

 

"Yes, Congratulations Hyukjae, you did it this time," he confirmed it and he stood up to shook my hands.

 

"I need to go to do my paper works. Just come on Monday morning and someone from the staff will guide you."

 

"Yes sir, thank you so much sir," I said. I lead him outside while I was trying to hold back myself from screaming in joy. After he left, I went inside and there I let out all the happiness and relief that I feel.

 

"I'm one step towards my dreams!"

 

*               *                *

 

Time flies so fast. I did sign the contract with SM and now I'm receiving training lessons from them in the fields of dancing, singing and even acting. I am so happy that I was able to these things that I had been dreaming for so long. When I told my best friend that I got into SM he had almost strangled me in happiness. Now we both spend our time together, from studying at school until practicing inside the training rooms of SM.

 

I kept receiving blessings in my life and one day I received a modelling offer from a modelling agency in Seoul.

 

"They were offering me an interview," I told Junsu while reading the letter I received.

 

"Wow. I think you're lucky this year compared to last year. Remember how you lost your hopes in finding a talent agency?" he replied.

 

"Don't remind me about that. What do I do?"

 

"Obviously you can't accept that. You had just signed with SM, and... Do you want to leave me?" he asks trying to make me pity him.

 

"Okay, then I would ignore this. They wouldn't do anything if I don't respond to them right?"

 

 "Yeah. Who knew someone would want you as their model?"

 

"Yahhh! What did you say?" I put my best glare to him but I know that he is just joking.

 

"Hey! You know you don't look scary even if you do that!" he says as he starts stepping backwards.

 

"In the count of three, prepare to run fast...One... Two... Three!"

 

And then he ran fast down the building with me running after him. We did that until we reached our homes.

 

 

 

*             *             *

 

~ Leeteuk’s POV ~

 

 

9:30pm. It is already late in the evening but I’m still practicing for my first evaluation performance as a trainee. My life gradually adjusted to my new schedule. Actually being a trainee became the first priority in my life rather than my studies, though I still make sure that I will finish it.

 

Only a few of my friends in school knows what I do after classes. They have seen me one time going to the SM building so I have to tell them. They did understand my request to not spread the word until I finally debut.

 

How’s my first few months in SM? It is like I enrolled in a night class – we were trained in different fields of entertainment and our performance is being evaluated from time to time.

 

The people around here were intimidating, especially those who have positions in the company. If you ever run to them you should greet them politely and show respect. Among the trainees, there is also survival of the fittest. Those who trained longer shows superiority among the new ones.

 

You are lucky if you find a dependable friend here. I did make some friends here in my short stay. Most of my fellow new ones here were much younger than me so I found it easy to be with them.

 

“Hyung? Aren’t you going yet?” my friend asked me. He was already holding his bag, ready to go home.

 

“Just a few more minutes, go ahead. Your way home is farther than mine,” I replied and waved goodbye to him before continuing my dance.

 

I need to polish the choreography before I present it at the evaluation on Saturday. Even though I’m mentally and physically tire

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter