Chapter 9

A Band of Brothers
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

~ Leeteuk’s POV ~

 

"Are you tired guys? Do you think we need a water break already?" I asked my fellow team members when I noticed that they are too tired to continue.

 

"I think so, I'm thirsty and exhausted. All I want is to lie down on my bed," Jaeha, one of my team members said as he lie on the floor.

 

"If they are planning on debuting us on June 14 then why does until now we haven't met our manager?" Jongmin asked.

 

"I don't know. They must be planning something. We must trust them to plan everything," I said reassuring the others who were losing hope.

 

"But what if our debut will be pushed back? What will be your reaction?" Jaeha asked. "I mean not every project group successfully debuts, I hear stories of failure that happens behind the stage."

 

As I listened to his talk, I realized the uncertainty of the situation. Even though I'm included in this project group and we have been preparing for months, what if in the last minute it will be cancelled?

 

I mean, the representatives still had the power to decided if they will gain profit in this new group. Of course they need to make sure that the group will be successful, after all everyone in the business needs to earn money.

 

Now, I looked at us. Suddenly I felt discouraged but I tried to brush off the negative thoughts.

 

Soon enough, I heard from the representative in charge of us that our debut was pushed back to a later date because of the World Cup.

 

"Of course our people were really supportive to our team. But I don't think our country will have a place this year judging by the games," Jongmin said once we were all in the practice room few weeks later.

 

"How negative are you, you sure you are watching the World Cup?" one of us asked.

 

"Who could miss watching it? All the music shows were cancelled just to give way for the live telecast of the games," Jaeha said.

 

"It makes sense that our debut is delayed. Without the music shows, how can we promote?" I said to them.

 

"Yeah, I just hope this whole World Cup madness will end soon,"Jongmin replied.

 

We must be the only ones not enjoying the festive season brought by the World Cup this year. Others would not understand the slight sadness and disappointment brought by our delayed debut.

 

But what could we do? We can only wait for the plans, as for now we need to practice as much as we can. We need the perfection for the choreography.

 

 

*               *                  *

 

~ Heechul’s POV ~

 

"Do they know that we are humans too? It is exhausting!!" I can't help but complain after four hours straight dancing.

 

"Shhh... hyung they might hear you" Donghae warned. Our coach is a bit grumpy today and I don't like it. I had just started training a few days ago and Donghae is one of the few trainees I met here.

 

"Whatever...," I shrugged. We are instructed to form groups and choreograph a dance according to our theme. For someone who tired like me I would feel very lazy to do it.

 

Lucky for me my groupmates still have energy stored in their body enough to think for a choreography. I just stood there trying to grasp what they are saying.

 

"Where did Hyukjae go? Why did he not attend today?" I asked.

 

"I don't know, probably he had some problem back at home. I think its about financial issues again," Donghae whispered to me.

 

"I hope his family is okay, he told me last time he is looking for sideline jobs," I said back to Donghae.

 

"If only I could see him now, I would gladly help him. Sometimes I don't have anything to do at dorm so I could spend the time helping him," he said.

 

"Hope he comes to the practice tomorrow," I said quickly before the coach sees us chatting in the middle of session.

 

"Yeah, and I hope we finish this soon, I'm hungry already," Donghae said.

 

 

*               *                  *

 

[Somewhere in Seoul]

 

~Eunhyuk’s POV ~

 

 

"I told you I need to do this, I have to help my mom," I explained to Junsu who had come to visit me in the small restaurant I am working in.

 

"If you just let me know I could have helped you. Why didn't you told me earlier?" he asked.

 

"It was sudden, my grandmother got sick and I had to find ways to buy her medicine. You know that my parent's earning is not enough," I replied.

 

I was glad that my boss is kind and he allows me to talk to Junsu even if it is working time. There are only a few costumers today though.

 

"So how long do you plan on doing this? What about our practice?" he asked.

 <

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter