Chapter 16

A Band of Brothers
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

[Incheon International Airport, South Korea]

 

~ Kibum’s POV ~

 

My flight had just arrived in Korea and here I am as nervousness and excitement fills my emotions. I am only turning sixteen next month but I came here all by myself. I assured my parents that I will be fine within the flight because I tagged along with a close friend of theirs.

 

‘Take care of yourself and go into troubles. Call us when you arrive. If you have problems contact anyone of us. If you don’t know something do not be shy to ask questions to the people there. I will miss you baby son. I love you.’

 

My mother’s words were still fresh in my mind. She hugged me longest in the airport before my departure and I swear we almost cried. My eyes were watery because its my first time to be away with my family but I’m a big boy now and I will be fine by myself.

 

“Kibum-ah here’s our taxi. Just rest at home first before you go to the agency, I’m sure you are very tired from the long flight,” my mother’s friend called my attention.

 

“Thank you auntie,” I replied politely. She’s not really a relative but for my mother, she is like a sister to her.

 

One of the airport staffs helped us load our luggage to the taxi. I did not bring much stuff because I expect that I will be returning to US sometime to attend a few semesters in school to finish my studies. I already arranged my situation with my teachers and I’m glad that they understand me.

 

I realized that we are already inside the taxi and is one the way to my auntie’s house. While on the road, I looked at the beautiful sight of Korea. I’ve been here before but I never had really explored all the places here so I am excited to learn more about this country.

 

“Summer season is finally here, and I feel like going to Jeju for some vacation. Too bad I went here for work,” Auntie Jaeshin said.

 

“I want to go to the beautiful sites here too but I will be busy with the training” I said thinking about the upcoming days.

 

“You can always visit those places later when you were finally a celebrity. You have a big responsibility now to balance your study and training together,”

 

“Yeah. But I wanted to do this. I can do this,” I tried to convince myself.

 

“You will and I believe you. Make your parents proud,” she smiled at me. I returned her smile too. “You are really like your mother. When we were at your age, she loves to try different things and prove to everyone that she can do that. She is really courageous and that must be why your father fell in love with her.”

 

“Really?” She had known my parents since they were in high school. She was a witness to their love story so I always ask her for some stories of my parents.

 

She nodded. “I admire you for being brave to go here all by yourself. You know? If I were at your age, I wouldn’t even go to that auditions you went in the US. I’m too shy to do that.”

 

“But you’re different auntie. I can’t do those things you do, those paper works? I can’t stand sitting by myself in the office like yours. Music and arts is what I do best.”

 

“If that’s what you want then so be it. And I hope you enjoy your stay here. Let it be your home away from home,” she said while I was looking at the road, admiring the view of the city.

 

I smiled to myself. Oh yes I will.

 

*             *             *

[July 1, 2003]

 

~ Leeteuk’s POV ~

I went to the studio tonight with a light feeling. Today is my birthday and I want to be happy for the whole day. My professors aren’t very demanding today and I got lucky when my last subject was cancelled because my professor is not feeling well.

 

I did continue my studies and I’m willing to finish college even if I will be given a chance to debut along the way. It’s the least thing I can do to achieve my father’s approval of my chosen career. Well, enough of that drama. I don’t want anything to ruin my day.

 

I skipped my way happily through the stairs and greeted everyone that I see. They might think that I’m going crazy but who cares? I’m very happy today.

 

No one had arrived yet when I entered the practice room so I decided to lie down on the chairs to rest for a while. Despite being happy for today, I cannot deny that my muscles were still aching from the long nights of practicing everyday. Whether it is dancing, singing, acting or anything, it is still exhausting.

 

“Hmm… it feels good” I exclaimed while stretching my arms and legs. I’m a little bit early today so I closed my eyes for a while to sleep for a few minutes.

 

I did not get the sleep I wanted because a few minutes later I heard voices inside the room.

 

“Shhh… hyung is already here. He’s sleeping so be quiet,” a voice said.

 

“Let’s go to the other room. He might hear us,” another said.

 

“It’s okay. We are already done with the plan,”

 

Hmm. What plan? I smell something fishy with these boys. Of course I

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter