Chapter 7

A Band of Brothers
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

~ Leeteuk’s POV ~

 

"Honestly hyung? Is it okay for me to come?" for nth time today Donghae asks this question.

 

"I am the one who offered you to come right? Just relax," I smiled at his silliness. My sister asked me some favor to go to the library and look for some books she needs.

 

She is so busy now that she is in college, I wish we had time to stroll like before.

 

However, I think it is time for me to spend time with other, with my friends. So here I am with Donghae in a bus to the city library.

 

"Your sister, why didn't she came with us?" Donghae asked.

 

"She had some other stuff to do. That is why she asked this favor. What do you want to eat later?" After the task, I need to treat ourselves of course.

 

"Whatever you like hyung, I am not picky with food."

 

"Don't be shy, I bribed some money from sis. Of course keep the change," I smiled mischievously because it is very easy to get money from her than my mom.

 

"Okay you're like my real hyung. How long do we get there?" he asked like a little child.

 

I took a glance at the side window and sees some unfamiliar buildings. “I think we near already. Just get ready.”

 

When the bus stopped at our destination we got off and headed to the library. Donghae and I spent almost an hour looking for the books that my sister needed for her research work. I have nothing to do today so she is lucky that I agreed to lend her some help.

 

 

“So you said you wanted to be an athlete at first?” I asked Donghae once we got to sit and eat after borrowing the books.

 

“Yeah, but it is my father’s dream to be a singer. When I was younger I trained singing with him,” he replied while chewing a bit of chicken in his mouth.

 

“Are you happy with what you are doing now? I mean, it is just the start and I’m sure there would be many challenges to come and only those determined will step as winners at the end,”

 

“I love my father. And just by seeing him proud and smiling at me I think I’m the happiest person in the world. I want to fulfill my father’s wishes,”

 

“You seem so close to your father. I believe on your debut stage your dad would be your number one biggest fan cheering on the sides,”

 

“I would love to see that. How about you hyung? Why did you became a trainee?” he looks at me and passes back the question.

 

I paused back a bit at the question. Suddenly I found it hard to think of a definite reason. How did I became interested in music in the first place?

 

It was so sudden but when the talent scout had discovered me back in Myeongdong, there is something in me that made me grab the opportunity.

 

“When I see Shinhwa and the other sunbaes performing on television I feel like I want to do the same. So when SM found me I think it is the perfect chance to make my dreams come true,” I recalled my experience.

 

“Did your parents know about your plans?” he asked me.

 

“After my last audition I finally told my mother and sister and they gladly supported me. I think my father already knows but he would always insist on me studying first.”

 

“You’re not close with your father?”

 

“Not really, my parents always fight and my father is too strict that sometimes I got hit—“ I paused. This is the part of my life that I have always kept a secret to my friends.

 

“I’m sorry for asking a personal question hyung, I think let’s just talk about other things to make you feel better,” Donghae noticed my uneasiness when my father is being talk about.

 

“Yeah, it is okay. You don’t know about it so it’s okay,” I assured him that he did nothing wrong.

 

“Hyung do you want more chicken? You can have this! I’m already full,” he said offering some more of his share.

 

“I still have on my plate. Just take it home if you can’t eat all. You can have it in your dorm,”

 

“You sure? Okay, thank you hyung!” he flashed his kid-like smile at me.

 

I laughed at his reaction and ruffled his hair. “Yeah, and thank you for accompanying me today. I had fun.”

 

“Me too hyung. I really had fun with hyung.”

<
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter