Chapter 20

A Band of Brothers
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

~ Kangin’s POV ~

 

“How’s the meeting? Did they agree on the name? Which one they choose?” I shot these back to back questions to Jungsoo hyung once he arrived from the office.  For several days now the company has been talking about the plans for us in the meetings.

 

“O.V.E.R and Super Junior. Those were at the top of the choices. I prefer Super Junior though, it sounds better,” he tiredly replied. Surely sitting within hours of meeting isn’t tiring for the body but for the mind it is. I had tagged with hyung in one of the meetings before and my headache because of too much information. I wonder how the representatives love their work.

 

“I will yell at them if they give us a crap name. Seriously, I don’t like those acronyms that sounds like a gang of drug addicts,” Heechul hyung said.

 

“They do want some of us to change our names. Lee Soo Man sunbaenim already gave me one and I think he will suggest names to the others too,” Jungsoo added.

 

“A screen name like the ones they created for TVXQ?” I asked hyung. He shook his head frowning. “Not as weird as those names…. I think,”

 

“What name did he give you?” Heechul hyung asked. I noticed hyung hesitate in telling us the name. I guess he doesn’t like it or he is uncomfortable with it yet.

 

“Uhh… at first he wanted to call me Kangsu – “He didn’t finished his sentence when Heechul hyung and I burst laughing at the silly name. “Yah! It’s not my name though,” Jungsoo held up his hands to stop us from laugh. “He wanted to us to be the best so he wants Kangsu.”

 

“Hyung it sounds like Kangta sunbaenim!” I shrieked in laughter and I saw him pout.

 

“Thankfully teacher got another idea. Because I will be the leader of this group he wants me to be special,” he paused looking at both of us who turned quiet to hear his new name. “…so…. He chose Leeteuk,” He stared at both of us testing if we will laugh again at the name.

 

“From Jungsoo to Leeteuk… hmmm that is so far but I think it’s better than the previous one,” I smiled. “What about me? What would they want for me?” I asked.

 

“You should ask for it personally. Bring Jongwoon and Hyukjae with you tomorrow at the office and you will see. I can’t wait to hear your new name too,” Jungsoo...I mean Leeteuk hyung grinned.

 

I nod in response. “Then we should start calling you Leeteuk now so that we get used to it,” I replied. “It seems that this project group is our finally destination now. I will debut onstage with this group.”

 

“But it is only for a short time. We will only be together for a year and then a new batch will come. Do you think we will last long within the current line-up? I’m not hoping for much since I’m the oldest,”

 

“Don’t think about that now. We haven’t debuted yet. If you want you should establish your popularity while in the group so that when you’re out you have a chance in going solo,” Heechul suggested. “I think I’m trying to focus on dramas if they will give an opportunity, or maybe hosting,”

 

“Thanks for the advice. I think I will be serious now with those public speaking trainings in the studio. Talking is best thing that I do according to what I observed,”

 

“That’s not true hyung. You’re good at anything. And I swear you will be a good leader for all of us,” I encouraged him. I know that he is worried ever since he learned that he will handle this big group. He needs all the patience to keep the eleven of us together until the company decides to add or remove one of us.

 

“Thanks,” he replied smiling sincerely. There was a silence after that but it is not awkward. The three of us sat in the living room doing nothing. We are the only ones inside the dorm now. TVXQ is out with their managers for a schedule since morning. Kibum, Donghae, Hyukjae and Sungmin decided that they would watch this year's MKMF to support TVXQ. The remaining people not mentioned were probably at their homes right now enjoying the holiday.

 

"When do you plan on going home for Christmas? It is not obligatory for us to stay here since we will be free until New Year's eve," Leeteuk hyung broke the silence.

 

"I'll go when my sister comes home. I don't like being confined in the house with only my parents. It's probably a day before Christmas eve," Heechul replied.

 

"Now that you have mentioned about it I think I will go home once the meeting is over. I'll ask manager hyung if I can go right after it. I haven't seen my parents for montns already," I said wondering what my parents were doing right now.

 

"Well, we should enjoy this now. Next year I bet we won't be allowed to walk on the streets with our friends and family. Also we can't go home as much as we wish unless our schedules will be free," Leeteuk said. "Why don't you enjoy for a longer time with your family Heechul?"

 

He rolled his eyes. "They will just annoy me nonstop. They were always like that and unless there's my sister, I can't stand them. I prefer living in peace here," he shrugged. "However they will be mad at me if I don't go home so I have no excuse for them,"

 

I laughed. "Hyung I didn't know you're also a headache to your parents! I wonder if they are so happy when you moved out!"

 

"You are really the boss anywhere you go? Do you want to be the leader for our group? I would step down for you if you want," Leeteuk hyung offered.

 

"No way! Don't dare!" Heechul warned. "This group will only break away if I am the leader. Who knows we won't even reach our debut day,"

 

My eyes twinkled in understanding as I remember a memory related to this. "Oh hyung, so that is why they didn't chose you as the leader in that previous project group that we were in? All this time I wondered why they chose me when you were the oldest among us. What did you do?"

 

"I asked them I couldn't do it. I really can't handle a group. As you have noticed, I don't have a lot of patience. How can I solve the problems of the group in the future?"

 

"So that explains it! I thought they chose me because I was scary enough to be the leader! The members will surely obey me!" I laughed.

 

"Not a chance! I wouldn't obey you even if it happens!"

 

"I agree with Heechul. He is the most hard-headed person I met in my whole life. Not to mention he always insist what he wants," Leeteuk added.

 

"Why everybody’s perception of me is that I am an evil person?" hyung questioned.

 

"No hyung, you are my role model hahahaha" I laughed half serious, half joking. Hyung just shook his head in disbelief.

 

*             *             *

~ Hankyung’s POV ~

 

A woke up a little bit late today. What would I do here when there is only Kibum and I inside the dorm? The boys were at home their families to celebrate the holidays. The managers took a day-off for two days. Even the TVXQ guys were out. Kibum and I remained because our families were outside the country and we can't be back in just a couple of days.

 

At least Kibum saw his family just last month while I have not been at home for a long time. I came here to try out my luck in the hopes of helping my family. It is lonely being alone in a foreign country but my friends had lessened my home sickness. I do envy them at times like this.

 

"Good morning hyung," Kibum greeted me when I came to the kitchen. He was already eating and I noticed that he had cooked for the first time.

 

"You also cook? I didn't know," I commented joining him at the table.

 

"Just a few diahes enough for me to survive if I will have to live alone in the future," he smiled. "But don't tell the hyungs that I can cook. I am not used to cooking for many people."

 

"Don't worry my mouth is closed," Infairness he is a decent cook. Within our group we need someone who cooks deliciously since we all have big appetites and we are all boys. Majority of the time Sungmin cooks for all of us and sometimes I sub him.

 

"So hyung what do we do for the rest of the day? Its Christmas eve later," he said. Of course I'm aware of the festive season, I just don't want to miss my family too much.

 

"Cook for food?" I suggested. And he laughed. Its rare to see him like this because he is usually quiet when most of the hyungs were around. The boys were always loud and weird and doesn't match the serious aura of Kibum. He is our maknae and it looks like he is more mature than most of us.

 

"How about let's go out and eat outside? I mean, we are both foreigns in this country. I haven't been in many places here and my friends back in US told me that Korea is great for tourists. I want to discover it before our schedule gets crazy."

 

"That sounds good. Where do you think we can go?" I said agreeing to his suggestion. I will be more convenient of we will eat outside since we're only two and we wont be eating that much.

 

"I don't yet but I'll go and search something about that later. For now let's just eat our breakfast hyung," he grins.

 

"You call that breakfast? I call mine lunch. Look at the clock, it is past noon already!" I said. The managers d

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter