Chapter 2

A Band of Brothers
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

~ Leeteuk’s POV ~

 

Several weeks after we came back from vacation, I went to SM to try my luck and audition. I have never been in any auditions so it’s my first time. I was wondering what would I show to the talent scouts but I decided to prepare both a song and dance performance.

 

I didn’t tell anyone yet, not even my parents. I don’t know what would be their reaction to me doing this but I promise to tell them if I am successfully chosen.

 

For over a month, every after school I went to the SM building for several test recordings and performances. Every time I went I prepared something new to show to them. Honestly, sometimes I was running out of ideas. I want to impress them and I tried to think of entertaining performances. I tried everything – from dancing, singing, doing both at the same time and even adding some humor to my performance.

 

I got hope every time I was called to come back on the next schedule. It means that they are taking some interest in me. I learned that other people who audition never got any calls after weeks and it simply means that they were not chosen.

 

On my last day of auditioning, I decided to tell my family. I have no idea how they would react but they gladly supported me.

“Really? Why didn’t you tell us earlier? I could have helped you!” my sister exclaimed excitedly. She was the most supportive and she even told me that she will accompany me today.

 

“It’s fine, I did my best any way,” I said.

 

“Is this why you have been arriving late these past days? I thought you had stuffs to do at school,” my mom said. I was scared that they will forbid me but seeing her face, she is smiling so I think it’s the okay sign.

 

“I didn’t tell you because I thought you would be angry,” I said bowing my head.

 

 “We support whatever plans you have in life. Just don’t forget to look back from where you have started, Jungsoo,” my mother said with her kind smile.

With the permission I got from my family I became more inspired. My strength and determination comes from the support of my family.

 

That day I went to SM with the dance performance I had prepared. Unlike the other days, I am more confident and eager to be chosen. After my performance the staff had told me some things to do next.

 

“Jungsoo-ssi your series of audition is finally done. In a week you will receive a call whether you have passed. If you have passed, you will receive guidelines and will sign a contract to be a trainee.”

 

I just nodded calmly while he was talking. “Only lucky ones had come up until this stage and I guarantee that you are one of them. Good luck,” he said and excused himself.

 

I grinned to myself; I think I will not be able to sleep because of curiosity. I walked on the hallways of the building thinking of the possibilities if I got accepted. It will be hard training while studying especially that I have yet to take the college entrance examination. I shrugged the worries away, I’m used to hardship so I think I can do it.

 

Oh yes, I can do it.

 

 

*             *             *

 

 

That same week I got so busy at school that I totally forgot about the auditions. We had several school works given by our teachers that I had to stay until evening at school with my classmates just to finish it. I'm still a student so I also need to prioritize my studies. Even though I am waiting for that audition confirmation I shouldn’t be relying to it. I still need to graduate in high school and go to college.

 

“We’re almost done. Can’t we continue it tomorrow during lunch break?” one of my friends asked. We were answering a couple of math problems given for group work.

 

“I agree. I feel sleepy and my stomach is hungry now,” someone complained.

 

“Okay, let’s pack our things now. We can’t finish this with our empty stomachs. I really want to go home now,” I said agreeing to my friends.

 

“Really, solving mathematics is a torture to my brains! I can’t wait to finish high school and get a course in college without math,”

 

“Is there a course like that?”

 

“Hmm… maybe music? Hahahaha”

 

“Are you crazy? I haven’t heard you sing. You even don’t know how to play any instruments,” I said.

 

“Yah! You asked what course

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter