Burden

Zero and Hero

XXX

Seungyoon’s been staring creepily at Jinwoo for the past 3 minutes. They are at their usual spot in the park, away from the gossips and the threat of bullies. Jinwoo palmed his friend’s face shoving it away as he retrieves his papers from his bag to study.

 

“Kim Jinwoo, there’s something you’re not telling me.” Seunyoon shoved his face back to Jinwoo while squinting his eyes.

 

Jinwoo drew a deep breath before keeping his papers back in his bag. With Seungyoon breathing on his neck, it will be impossible to study anyway.

 

“I’ve heard some things, but I’m giving you a chance to tell me.” Seungyoon beamed.

 

“You probably heard your conscience telling you to stop pestering me.”

 

“So it’s true then?” Seungyoon whispered as if he’s going to give a classified information.

 

“What’s true? I didn’t say anything. And why the hell are we whispering?”

 

“THAT YOU CUDDLED SONG MINO!” Seungyoon shouted on Jinwoo’s face then started hugging himself for exaggeration purposes.

 

Damn it! Deny it Jinwoo!

 

“No! I didn’t cuddle him. There’s none of that sort. And can you please stop doing that? Why are you making weird noises?”

 

Seungyoon stopped and slumped himself back on the ground, to Jinwoo’s relief. “But I heard someone took a snap of your scene. The picture will be posted in the next issue of our school paper.”

 

“What?!” Jinwoo abruptly stood in surprise. “Who? Where’s the school paper office?” ! My idiotic act will be put in black-and-white. Imprinted in history. It will forever be remembered. Jinwoo carried on with his monologue that he didn’t notice his friend amusingly ogling at him.

“Jinwoo, I was joking.”

 

“Crap! It will be seen by the entire school. What if his fangirls decided to murder me? Have you seen how those witches—Wait. What did you say?”

 

Seungyoon cannot take it anymore. He rolled on the ground half-crying and half-laughing while clutching his stomach.

 

“You’re joking?!”

 

“Oh my god! Jinwoo! Haha! Got yah!” Seungyoon managed to reply in between laughs.

 

Jinwoo pulled out his hair in frustration. He’s convinced that heaven is punishing him from something he did in his past life to end up being friends with this evil fella.

 

“So.” His devil friend finally stopped laughing and Jinwoo braced himself for the coming Seungyoon’s mouth fest. “How does it feel hugging him? Was it awkward? Did you have butterflies in your stomach? Will you finally get a boyfriend?”

 

Jinwoo’s neck almost snapped when he looked at Seungyoon sharply with a questioning look on his face. “What the hell are you trying to say?”

 

“What? I’m just saying. In case that happens, you know that I’ll be supporting you all the way.” Seungyoon said calmly while squeezing his friend’s shoulder for added dramatic effects.

 

XXX

 

Seunghoon happily entered the VIP lounge and skipped his way to Mino. “Mino-yah, thank you for the notes. Shall I give you a hug too?” He said while extending the pile of papers to Mino.

 

Mino just shook his head while taking the papers. He knows that he’ll be hearing Seunghoon’s teases for days. He had already heard thousands of different versions of their infamous hug from Seunghoon alone. He won’t be surprise if the gossipers already escalated it to them publicly making out.

 

Seunghoon sat on the sofa opposite Mino, “Why are you really so concerned about that guy? For years bro, in case you didn’t notice.”

 

“I told you last time. I just pity him. After rescuing him that day, I just feel like- I need to protect him. There’s nothing more to it.”

 

“So you end up following him around FOR YEARS. Surely there’s more to it right?” Seunghoon interrogated until a throw-pillow is suddenly hurled at his face.

 

“Stop annoying Mino and gossip somewhere else.”

“Yah, maknae! I’m still older than you, you know!”

“Whatever. By the way Mino-yah, your company is hailed as the top business corporation again this year according to this news.” Taehyun tossed the newspaper on the center table with the headline: “Song Corporation still at the Top.”

 

“Woah, as expected. Congratulations!” Seunghoon complimented.

 

“Thanks. My parents really work hard nowadays.”

 

XXX

 

“Song Corporation is really at a league of their own.”

“Wow, they’re really becoming big by the minute. I wanna be buddies with him too.”

“I hope my parents set me up for marriage with Song Mino.”

“In your dreams girl.”

 

“You see how Song Mino is all the way up there and you’re all the way down here.” Jinwoo jerked back in surprise seeing Seungyoon’s arms flailing up and down in front of him. “But he still gives you that unparalleled attention that everyone is dying for.”

 

“I don’t remember having a Seungyoon-summoning scroll. Why do you keep popping out in front of me?”

 

“Aish! So grumpy.” Seungyoon complained. Jinwoo is on his way to buy food in the campus’ economic cafeteria for lunch when his friend decided to appear to annoy the living crap out of him once again.

 

“Anyway, I’m sure you already heard the news about Song Corporation, it’s a good excuse to hug him again or maybe this time, give him a congratulatory kiss instead.” Seungyoon laughs maniacally at his friend’s mortified face.

 

Jinwoo glared at the devil in the flesh. “Stop it Seungyoon, before I murder you with my bare hands. I swear.”

 

Seungyoon chuckled. “Okay, okay. I have class now, too bad you’re not in it so I can continue annoying you. Eat your lunch well okay? And Don’t miss me too much.”

 

“Don’t worry. I won’t” Jinwoo continued walking.

 

“Why are you so grouchy today, huh? Do you want a cuddle?” Seungyoon quickly squeezes Jinwoo in a hug before running away to hell-- Jinwoo hopes. His friend is annoying at times but mostly he’s someone fun and comfortable to be with.

 

After getting his food, Jinwoo scanned the cafeteria and noted that there aren’t a lot of people and mostly don’t belong to the elite groups.

 

It should be safe to just eat here since I’m alone. He thought.

 

He sat in an empty table and grabbed his Fanta drink. He tried to open the cap for a few times but to no avail. It’s either his hands are too slippery or the campus witches are already casting curses at him, he’s convince it’s the latter.

 

Suddenly, someone snatches his bottle and opens it. He lifted his gaze and saw Mino standing there. The last person he wanted to see as of the moment. Mino placed his bottle back on the table before occupying the seat beside him instead of sitting on the opposite side.

 

Of course, the buzzing of the witnesses echoed in the cafeteria once more. Jinwoo can hear ‘ballsucker’ and ‘Mino’ in one sentence so he knows they’re talking about him yet again. But he has a more important matter to face at hand.

 

! I can’t look at him! Ottokae!?

 

Jinwoo glanced at Mino who is eating his noodles calmly. He unknowingly brought his eyes down to his lips as the guy slurps his strands of noodles. Seungyoon’s words instantly rings in his mind ‘give him a congratulatory kiss’ Jinwoo averted back his gaze on his own food, adapting the color of his strawberry flavoured drink. Those words are painting undesirable scenarios in his head, ‘Will you finally have a boyfriend?’ He drank his Fanta in one go, trying to erase the traces of his friend’s words that are doing things in his pure mind, body and soul.

 

Curse you brain! Clearly he’s not thinking of that hug at all. Did he forget? Of course not, silly! Okay, I can act like it didn’t happen too. Right, it didn’t happen. Be cool, Jinwoo. You’re as cool as the winter breeze. Jinwoo convince himself.

 

“Uhmm.. Congratulations on your business. I heard the news.”

 

“Thanks.”

 

Crap! He’s thinking about that hug! I swear, he’s thinking about it!

 

“Just eat kid.” Mino said flatly without even giving him a glance.

 

He slices his chicken hesitantly while holding his breath. He’s not sure if his food is unseasoned or his taste buds just went numb so he just swallows his food without chewing. Nonetheless, he summoned all his strength to speak and try to erase the awkward air surrounding them.

 

“By the way, why are you eating here in the cafeteria?” He asked while concentrating on cutting a piece from his meat.

 

“Since when am I not allowed to eat here?”

 

Jinwoo thought he offended Mino by asking that question, so he turned to face him to explain but before he could open his mouth Mino cupped his left cheek then lightly brush his thumb at the corner of his lips.

 

“You’re so messy.” He heard him say before the chicken sauce on his thumb and return his attention to his bowl of noodles.

 

Together with the blast of reactions from the other students, Jinwoo’s heart thump painfully in his chest, he thought it’s going to explode. He was breathing through his mouth as he stared at the guy next to him with wide eyes. The rest of the students having the same look as him.

 

“Ignore the gossips. They can talk as much as they want but if they cause any harm to you, I’ll take care of them.”

 

The murmurings died down as the other kids pretended to busy themselves with something else upon hearing Mino’s warning.

 

Jinwoo sighed. “I’m fine Mino. I told you, just stop this.”

 

Mino didn’t utter a word and ignored him.

 

“M-Mino…”

“Hmm?”

“Do your friends ever wonder why you’re doing this?”

“I told them you’re a troublemaker thus must be kept watch.”

“It sounds like I’m being a burden.”

 

Again, Mino didn’t respond. Jinwoo continued eating his food, but instead of being unseasoned, he thought his chicken taste bitter all of a sudden.

 

XXX

 

“Jinwoo-yah!” The classes has ended and it’s time for Seungyoon to make an appearance to make Jinwoo’s  life miserable again. “I heard you had lunch with Song Mino. So was it a date, huh?”

 

“That’s none of your business, Seungyoon.” Jinwoo fixed his things and wear his bag before immediately marching out of his classroom.

 

“Omo! Omo! Yah! Where are you going?”

 

“Far away from you!” Jinwoo shouted back, leaving his puzzled friend behind.

 

Jinwoo saw Mino waiting at the dorm entrance again, but he doesn’t want to deal with him as of the moment. He’s not sure why but their conversation during lunch time gave him a foul mood. A burden, a charity burden— that’s something. Jinwoo thought that it’s what he’s gonna ever be for Song Mino, from a simple charity case to a burdensome charity case.

 

He retraced his steps without Mino noticing him. He decided to go out of the campus and go to a nearby mall to cool his head. There are so many thoughts that’s been juggling in his mind, aside from Mino, he knows he had to apologize to Seungyoon for lashing out his frustrations on him. He fished his phone in his pocket to send him a message but before he could press send, an arm suddenly draped on his shoulders snatching his phone away.

 

“Hey pretty boy, are you alone?” an ugly thug, full of tattoos, smirked at him. Jinwoo wiggled free and snatches his phone back. He steps backward in fright but ended up crashing with another guy. Surprised, he jumped aside facing the other, his eyes widened in fear as he saw three more thugs slowly approaching him.

 

No. Not Again. MINO! His mind screamed.

 

XXX

 

Author:

Chapter 7! Hehehe, this is longer! I hope you'll be happy (whoever is complaining about the short updates lol!) Will Mino be able to save Jinwoo again this time? TT Love complication is coming soon, so please stay tuned! ^^

I updated again because your comments are really fun to read so I have to update so I can read more hahahaha! You guys are the best! Minwoo authors should be updating their fics soon because you all are cute! hahaha! I didn't do Mino's ID yet, maybe next chapter! >< Thank you for spazzing with me in this story. I feel your love and support! /bow/

 

love lots,

d.for.v

powered by minwoo minions <3