Crush, Crushed

Zero and Hero

XXX

 

Jinwoo sulk as he walks towards his class. He just realized he has a crush on Mino but he doesn’t quite grasp yet what does it really mean. Is it the platonic kind? Just a simple admiration? OR…

 

“HEY! BUDDY!” As usual Seungyoon has to appear to disrupt his already disruptive morning.

 

“I don’t know you.” Jinwoo hasten his pace.

 

“Woah! What did I do?” Seungyoon catch up and drape his arm on Jinwoo’s shoulder with eyes twinkling in amusement. Someone might have seen Hanbin walk him home. Obviously, this information already reached Seungyoon’s gossiping headquarters.

 

“You’re impossible.” Jinwoo shook his head at his friend who just grinned even widely at him.

 

“So does Mino know what happened to you outside the campus yesterday?”

 

“Yah! Keep your mouth shut!”

 

“Relax, geez! Oh, we’re passing by the student center, you wanna see if your boy ‘space’ friend is in the VIP lounge?”

 

“What the- ! Seungyoon, are you not going to stop?!” Jinwoo MUST not let his friend know about him having a crush on Mino, knowing that his friend’s level of trustworthiness is just a doughnut away.

 

“Awww, my friend is blushing. So cute!” Seungyoon pinched Jinwoo’s cheek while the latter struggled to slap his hands away. He abruptly froze and focused his yes on a distance, still holding the smaller guy’s cheek. Jinwoo followed his gaze and his jaw slightly dropped as he looked at the entrance of the student center building. He slowly brushes off his friend’s hand from his face as they both stood nearby watching a girl giving Mino a tight hug. His heart skipped a painful beat at the scene.

 

It’s just a platonic crush. A simple admiration. Jinwoo tells himself. But damn, it pricks.

 

Mino looked at their direction and their eyes locked for a second before Jinwoo averted his gazed and start dragging his friend.

 

“Let’s go,” he mumbled. There is a foreign feeling that Jinwoo can’t quite bring himself into terms with. Is it jealousy? No, as far as he can remember, there’s no reason for him to be jealous, so why would he be? And there’s a much important detail in this equation. Who is that girl?

 

Seungyoon followed closely behind, eyeing his friend sympathetically. He can sense that Jinwoo is probably struggling to accept the unspoken truth. All of this might be new to him.

 

A friend’s gotta do what a friend’s gotta do. He thought to himself before speaking with a voice loud enough for all those nearby to be startled. “Hey Jinwoo, it’s such a relief that nothing bad happened to you yesterday.”

 

Jinwoo’s eyes widened and immediately snapped his head back to his friend. “Seungyoon…” he warned while gritting his teeth.

 

“Who knows what might’ve happened if those thugs successfully drag you away.”

 

“KANG SEUNGYOON!”

 

Jinwoo looked at Mino’s direction and saw him watching them intently with furrowed brow. When Mino peeled off the girl’s arm around his neck and took a step, Jinwoo grabbed Seungyoon’s wrist and hurriedly walk away. 

 

“The hell! You big-mouthed idiot! I so wanna punch your stupid face right now!”

 

“Thank me later, okay?” His friend proudly announced.

 

“Kim Jinwoo!” Mino roared that made everyone in the area to halt whatever it is they’re doing, including Jinwoo and Seungyoon.

 

Jinwoo glanced back and hid behind his tall friend as Mino charges in their direction. As soon as Mino stopped in front of Seungyoon, the latter grinned at him and gladly stepped out of the way, exposing Jinwoo.

 

“What happened yesterday?” Mino asked sternly.

 

“I- Uhm.. I-I was..”

 

“Tell me!”

 

“N-Nothing happened.” Jinwoo stuttered, not sure why though.

 

“By ‘nothing’ he actually meant ‘something.” Seungyoon interjected.

 

Damn you Kang Seungyoon!

 

“You’re not gonna talk huh?” Mino grabbed Jinwoo’s wrist and dragged him in the student center building despite his protest. Jinwoo extended his arm dramatically to his friend who is just happily waving at him before mouthing “enjoy.”

 

The bystanders curiously followed them inside the building from a safe distance including the girl that was with Mino a while ago. As soon as they entered the VIP longue, Mino lightly shove Jinwoo on one of the couch and towered in front of him. “Now, tell me what happened.”

 

Jinwoo was stunned. He looked around and saw a flock of gossipmongers peeping through the door that was left open, the mystery girl also looking inquisitively. On the other, Mino’s two friends who are having a drink at the opposite side of the room gave their full attention to them excitedly, like they’re watching a trailer for an upcoming new movie.

 

He sighed. “Nothing happened, Mino,” he said while casting his eyes on the floor. “I just went out to go to a nearby mall.” He once again looked up and scanned his surroundings.

 

“And?” Mino pressed on.

 

“That’s all. Can we stop now? This is embarrassing.” He whispered.

 

Mino shifted his gaze to his friends and signalled them to leave.

 

“But why? I want to watch.” Seunghoon whined.

 

“Yah! Lee Seunghoon, let’s go.” The maknae have no choice but to act like the hyung again, dragging Seunghoon out. They made sure to close the door and shoo away all the annoying spectators.

 

“Now talk.” Mino instructed.

 

“I told you, nothing happened.” Jinwoo exhaled. “Well, I got blocked on the way by some thugs. But Kim Hanbin rescued me so nothing really happened.”

 

Mino froze and creased his forehead.

 

“Mino, I’m fine so just let it go.”

 

“Okay, I’ll let it slide. But you have to be really careful next time. If you need to go out late, give me a call.”

 

Jinwoo’s heart warmed at Mino’s evident concern.

 

“Yes, eomma. Can I go to my class now?”

 

“No. Since when did you become close with B.I.?” Mino apparently found a new reason to interrogate him.

 

“We’re not close. He just happened to be around there and helped me.”

 

Mino stayed silent still furrowing his eyebrows. Suddenly, he spun around and started walking towards the door.

 

“M-Mino! Where are you going?”

 

“I have business with your new savior.”

 

XXX

 

Jinwoo shifted uncomfortably on his chair while trying so hard to concentrate on whatever the professor is spurting about. Clearly, his mind is somewhere else though.

 

What business do they have?

 

“Jinwoo. Psst!” Seungyoon, the magnificent Seungyoon never fails to make an annoying appearance so Jinwoo ignored him.

 

“Hey, Jinwooooooooo.” Jinwoo twitched his lips irritatingly before glaring at his chuckling friend who’s seated beside him.

 

“Are you thinking about your boy ‘space’ fr—AHHH!” Seungyoon nursed his thigh where Jinwoo just pinched.

 

“Mr Kim and Mr Kang, is there something wrong?” The professor eyed them.

 

“No sir. Pls carry on.” Jinwoo smiled coyly.

 

“What you pinched me for?” Seungyoon hissed.

 

“You are so nosy,” Jinwoo scowled back at his friend. He turned his attention back to the professor who is still observing them with glances.

 

“I’m sorry if I’m being too meddlesome. You’re the first real friend I have, close enough to be called my buddy. I guess I don’t know how to be a good friend yet. I’ll work hard for it.” Jinwoo glanced at the tall guy playing with a pen on his hand while pouting.

 

“Pshh, such a baby.” Jinwoo said then placed his elbow on the table and rested his chin on his palm. “It’s okay having you around. Your craziness makes me look like a more intelligent human being.”

 

Seungyoon smiled and turned to Jinwoo. “Stop thinking about Mino, there’s a more important matter that needs your attention now.”

 

Jinwoo just rolled his eyes. “Yeah, like how am I going to murder you and make it seems like an accident.”

 

“The girl who’s clinging at Mino earlier,” Seungyoon ignored. “That’s Jennie Kim, daughter of a celebrity and a CEO of a big shipping company. I heard they are business partners with Song Corporation in the transporting aspect of their business. And she just enrolled in our school.”

 

“So? Why are you telling all this information? I’m not interested in her, okay.”

 

“Oh you will be.”

 

XXX

 

Jinwoo and Seungyoon were casually walking after finishing their class. It’s such a relief that they can now walk and go anywhere they want in the campus, thanks to a certain chaebol who practically threatened the entire school.

 

They saw Mino coming out as they were approaching the management department. Jinwoo lowered his head but tried to peep through his bangs to look at Mino.

 

“I sense a disturbance with the force. Kim Jinwoo is glowing within.” Seungyoon teased while imitating Yoda’s voice.

 

“Shut up, you dork!” Jinwoo mumbled, can’t help but to grin at his friend’s geeky starwars reference. It was immediately replaced by a frown when the girl he saw with Mino suddenly appeared and casually hooked her arm with his.

 

It’s that girl again.

 

“Oh, it’s Jennie Kim.” Seungyoon pointed out.

 

Jinwoo darted his eyes at the two. He thought Mino will just ignore her like he always does with the other students. Surprisingly, they looked like they were having a good conversation. He even saw Mino smiled to her.

 

He heard murmurings from other students walking around but this time it’s not about him but the girl with Mino.

 

“I told you. You will find her interesting.” Seungyoon shrugged.

 

XXX

 

Author:

Tadah! LOL! Yes, I decided to use Jennie Kim for the girl that will be link to Mino. Anyway, are you guys curious what's Mino's business with Hanbin? I'm curious too. XD

 

Hello to all the new subscribers. Thank you! ^^ And ofcourse for your upvotes and funny comments. Kamsahnida. /bow/

 

Love lots,

D.for.V

powered by minwoo minions <3