Awkward!

Zero and Hero

A/N: Uhm, hello guys XD I'm sorry for not updating soon (again) I have some major changes with my life right now and I need to take a break for awhile. But no worries, it's all good ^^ I'll have you know what I accomplished during my break, that is finishing season 1 & 2 of Walking Dead Game and The Last of Us (LOL) If you don't know all these, basically all the nerdy gamer stuffs hehe.. Anyway, here's the next chapter, please enjoy :)

XXX

 

“Hello to you too,” B.I. grinned at Jinwoo’s annoyed face to which the latter ignored, focusing his eyes outside the window.

 

“Why is this cutie pie so sulky today huh?” B.I. teased while pinching Jinwoo’s cheek.

 

“Don’t you have anyone else to bother?” Jinwoo said while slapping away B.I.’s hand. He swears all the patience left in his body is rapidly decreasing.

 

“What? Come on, we’re friends now, aren’t we?”

 

“No.” Jinwoo grimaced at an aegyo face that B.I. is trying to pull off. He was puffing his cheeks while pouting and fluttering his eyes. Jinwoo was about to shove B.I.’s face away when he notices a small scratch on his left jaw. Without having much thought he pulled out a plaster from a small pouch in his bag. The other boy got surprised and unconsciously stopped talking and stayed still when Jinwoo put the plaster on his jaw.

 

“There.” Jinwoo patted the other’s cheek lightly before keeping his pouch. “What have you been doing? Did you harass someone and got slapped for it?”

 

“Hey, I may not look like one but I’m a perfect gentle man. Anyway, thanks.” B.I. smiled.

 

“No problem. I am a good person after all.”

 

B.I. chuckled at what seems to be Jinwoo’s innocent self-appraisal. “Do you always carry a first aid kit?”

 

“Yep.”

 

“Oh my, you’re the cutest thing ever.” B.I. clasped his hand together and Jinwoo swears he can see his eyes twinkle with colourful bubbles surrounding him.

 

Jinwoo rolled his eyes and turn his gaze back at the window. “It’s because I always get bullied before so I got used to carrying this around with me.” He rested his chin on his palm and made a deep sigh, wondering where the hell Seungyoon is.

 

Hanbin suddenly stood up and gave Jinwoo a 90 degrees bow. “Thank you,” he said with a loud voice that everyone in the class shift their attention to them.

 

“What the- Can you keep quiet? And stand up, geez.” Jinwoo was about to rant on the other guy more but when B.I. straightened up, he was met with gentle warm eyes accompanied with the most sincere smile.

 

“Thanks, Jinwoo.” B.I. started walking to the other side of the room towards his usual seat.

 

“What are you thanking me for?” Jinwoo asked shyly.

 

“The plaster.” Hanbin looked back and pointed to his cheek before giving Jinwoo a wink.

 

XXX

 

Jinwoo was at their usual spot in the park under the tree when Seungyoon suddenly made an appearance. “Hey, guess who’s back?!” He exclaimed before sitting beside Jinwoo.

 

“Where the hell have you been? You skipped class!”

 

“Oh, don’t worry about it.”

 

“Where. Have. You. Been?” Jinwoo frowned and glared at his friend. He can only imagine the poor souls that were terrorized by his friend the whole time he was gone. “Why did you skipped class?”

 

“Oh, c’mon. It’s not like I’m dropping off. Besides I needed to adjust my schedule, which I just successfully did, thanks to my unparalleled charm. No one can resist me. Hehe.” Seungyoon said, puffing his chest with pride.

 

“What schedule are you talking about? Aren’t freshmen already have set schedules?” Jinwoo asked, ignoring another of Seungyoon’s mental lapses.

 

“Oh yeah you didn’t know. I was talking about my part-time job. This humble peasant friend of yours needs allowance for daily expenses, since the school only cover the meals and school stuffs.”

 

“Oh I see. I’m thankful for my parents support. I don’t need to do part-time. No wonder you’re so slim.” Jinwoo replied while fishing notes from his bag.

 

“Jeez, you make it sound like I’m more pitiful than I really am. My mom wanted to support me but I didn’t want her to overwork and my dad well… he already crossed over to the other side.

 

“Oh, I’m sorry to hear that.” Jinwoo felt bad for his insensitive remarks.

 

“Nah, don’t be. He just crossed over to another house with his new family so I don’t really care about him.” Seungyoon explained as a matter-of-factly.

 

Jinwoo sighed in surrender. “Here, I took notes for you.” He was about to pass a notebook to his friend when Seungyoon suddenly gave him a mischievous look while pointing a finger to a different direction.

 

“What the hell is wrong with you, creep?” He followed where Seungyoon is pointing at. His heart skipped upon seeing Mino with Jennie again, walking leisurely at the park.

! There it is again. My chest feels weird.

 

There are students who are eyeing the couple-looking-duo probably wondering who is the new girl that’s taking Mino’s attention. And of course there is Seungyoon who never get his eyes off his friend, observing Jinwoo’s every reaction.

 

“What?! Are you waiting for me to perform a miracle?” Jinwoo irritatingly said before busying himself with his notes.

 

“There, there. Don’t worry, the pain will subside soon. Just cry and let it all out.” Seungyoon patted his friend’s head sympathetically.

 

“Are you crazy!?” Jinwoo hissed before shoving the notes to Seungyoon. “Take the notes and let’s just go.”

 

“HEY! MINO-SSI!” Seungyoon called out. Jinwoo whip his head in horror. His friend is now officially at the top of his murder list.

 

Oh great. Now Mino and Jennie are on their way here. What else can ruin this day?

 

Jennie waved and greeted Jinwoo immediately as they reached them. “Hi, Jinwoo.”

 

“Uhm. Hello.” Jinwoo replied with a timid smile “This is my good-for-nothing friend Seungyoon. Good-for-nothing friend, this is Jennie,” he introduced as they stood up.

 

“Hello, Jennie.” Seungyoon politely greeted. “Are you and Mino heading to class?”

 

“No. We don’t have same class. I just asked him for a little more tour around the different departments.” Jennie replied as Mino stood in a distance waiting, not giving them any eye contact.

 

“I see.” Seungyoon replied while eyeing his friend. Jinwoo is certain he won’t hear the end of this from Seungyoon from this point of their school life, unless another interesting situation comes up to amuse his friend more.

 

“Well we better get going. Nice meeting you Seungyoon-ssi and Jinwoo see you around.” Mino started walking straight away as soon as Jennie said her goodbyes. Jinwoo became uneasy with a pang of pain in his chest as he watches the two walking side by side. He can’t help but to acknowledge how they naturally fit each other.

 

Of course, a girl and a boy would fit each other perfectly.

 

As soon as Jinwoo glance back at his friend, Seungyoon gave him a pitiful stare with matching lip twitching. “Jinwoo, he’s cheating on you.”

 

“Seungyoon, I swear if you don’t stop now I’ll make sure to stop your mouth from opening again ever.” Jinwoo pretended to collect and arrange his stuffs though his mind is elsewhere. So what if Jennie is always with Mino? He does not care at all. He could care less of that rubbish. The more important thing is to find a place where he can lock up Seungyoon forever without having any chance for him to escape.

 

“Jinwoo, at this rate, your hero might turn out to be somebody else’s prince charming instead.”

 

“Gah… Seungyoon…” Jinwoo sighed in defeat. Hero? Prince charming? Mino is clearly none of that for him. He is just a charitable guy.

 

XXX

 

It’s weekend and Jinwoo do what he always does in a sunny Sunday morning, that is to spend it at a nearby café with his cheesecake and Ice latte. This is a luxury he promised to get for himself at least once every week to relax.

 

He was on his way back to the dorm after buying some stuffs when he caught a glimpse of Hanbin inside a restaurant sitting by the window side seemingly having a serious conversation with a middle aged lady.

 

As he was walking pass by, he noticed that Hanbin have an ill expression on his face, totally different from the cheerful and everybody’s-man character he’d always known about him. He looks angry, more like hurt. Jinwoo was just about to ignore it and pretend that he didn’t see him when the lady suddenly slapped Hanbin from across the table and marched out of the restaurant.

 

Jinwoo froze on his spot not knowing what to do. B.I. rubbed his cheek then glanced outside the glass window, both got startled as they made eye contact. Oh gosh, this is awkward.

 

XXX

 

A/N: Tadah! XD I apologize again if this may seem a bit draggy, I needed all these scenes for Jinwoo and BI's relationship to progress mwehehehe. Also thank you so much for still supporting this story. Your lovely comments, and even the subscriptions and upvotes T_T I don't deserve it but you guys are just amazing. I promise to really work hard from now on and will try to regularly update. I wanna have character development for the other characters as well not just the main ones so please bear with it for a little more. Thank you so much for reading. ^_^ /90 degrees bow/

 

Love lots,

D.for.V.

powered by minwoo minions <3