Speed Dial

Zero and Hero

Author: Slightly longer Update! ^_^ Enjoy!

 

XXX

 

Mino was about to land another kick on the motionless guy but Jinwoo stopped him just in time. “Mino, stop! Oh my god you might kill him,” he said grabbing Mino’s shoulders.

 

“That’s fine. Society doesn’t need an eyesore like him anyway.”

 

“We’re fine just… leave him.” Jinwoo saw Mino shut his eyes and pulled a deep sigh as if calming himself before speaking.

 

“Next time a bastard like this one mess with you, tell them you’re under my care.” Mino announced, making sure everyone in the restaurant heard him.

 

Jinwoo’s not quite sure what he meant but he nodded anyway.

 

“Good. Now go eat.”

 

XXX

 

“Seungyoon-ah, sure you okay?” The two freshmen found a spot under a tree in one of the parks in the campus after grabbing food on their way.

 

“Don’t worry I’m fine. Nam Taehyun helped me up back there.” Seungyoon replied while devouring his takoyaki.

 

“Mino’s friend, right? The one with the perfectly parted hair? I didn’t notice him back there.”

 

“Of course you won’t, you were too engross at Mino’s physical manifestation. I actually thought you’re going to kneel down and start worshipping him.”

 

“Yah! We should be thankful he arrived. Who knows what might have happened to my untainted body,” Jinwoo shivers at the thought.

 

“Your kung fu-ing wouldn’t help, that’s for sure.”

 

“Look who’s talking, with that skinny arms of yours, I bet even if you hit a kid, they’ll just laugh at your tickles.” Jinwoo retorted.

 

“Are you insulting my 6 pack abs Kim Jinwoo? Shall I show it to you? Huh?” Seungyoon stood up and started lifting up his shirt.

 

From strangers to bestfriends, the two young lads seems like they’ve been through a lot together for just the past 3 days in the university. They continued their peaceful lunch under the tree laughing out the bad vibes from their encounter earlier. The day went on and ended with Seungyoon and Jinwoo establishing their beautiful friendship.

 

XXX

 

“Mino, what is really up with you and that Kim Jinwoo?” Taehyun asked with a knowing stare.

 

“Nothing. Why are you suddenly asking me this?” He replied after taking a sip from his can of beer.

 

“It doesn’t look like nothing to me though.” Seunghoon interjected, giving a wink to Taehyun, the youngest of the trio.

 

They are at one of the VIP rooms in the student’s lounge where they usually hangout. Being childhood friends, they are overly familiar with each other that Taehyun got used to not calling them hyung. They usually are open about anything but Seunghoon and Taehyun knows when Mino doesn’t want to talk about something, so they didn’t press on, for now.

-----

Lee Seunghoon – the  successor of Lee’s Food & Beverages Corporation after his father died from a heart disease not long time ago. His mom and grandparents currently runs the multinational business since he still has to finish his schooling but his fate is already set for him to become the CEO as soon as he finishes his degree. He is now currently at second year, same with Mino, also taking business and management course, as decided by their parents. His bubbly personality and cute antics are well loved by his buddies and the rest of the world.

 

Nam Taehyun – the heir of the biggest airline company in Korea. Known for his oddly cute slanted eyebrows and pretty feminine face. Everyone knows him as a quiet and awkward person except when he’s with Mino and Seunghoon. He’s also a freshman taking Performing Arts. Though he is also relatively new in the school, his status quo catapulted to the top in an instant when Mino and Seunghoon personally hired a marching band to welcome him on the first day he set foot in the school premises, adding a 30 ft wide banner with ‘Welcome baby Taehyunnie’ words hanged on the school’s admin building. He just face-palmed himself on his way to the registrar while walking on the red carpet rolled out for him. The two older guys laughed their asses off at the embarrassed maknae.

-----

“Mino, we have 2 hours vacant period. Do you want to play billiards? We can also shop if you want.” Seunghoon suggested.

 

“Hey, that’s no fair. I have a class in 30 minutes,” the maknae pouted.

 

“Yah! Where are you going?” Seunghoon asked when Mino suddenly stood up, heading out the door.

 

“Class.”

 

Taehyun’s eyebrows angled in confusion. “Huh? Didn’t you looked at your schedule? Seunghoon just said you don’t have a--”

 

“Am I not allowed to absorb more knowledge now?”

 

“What are you saying?” Seunghoon’s eyes squinted in a thin line trying to comprehend what’s going on.

 

“Study hard you two. See you later.” Mino replied simply before closing the door behind him.

 

XXX

 

Jinwoo knows very well that he’s the once-again-topic of the clusters of gossiping students in the hallway after Mino bursted a guy’s face the other day. He really didn’t want that kind of attention. He simply just wants to be friends with Mino, is that too much to ask? Apparently yes. Jinwoo answered himself.

 

While Seungyoon and Jinwoo walks towards their next class, they came across Kim Hanbin or B.I. or whatever the hell his name is. He was coolly leaning on the wall with some girls surrounding him but he was staring at Jinwoo, grinning creepily. Jinwoo immediately pretended talking to Seungyoon about their next class avoiding eye contact. He doesn’t like having a staring battle with that guy, he makes him feel like he can see his non-existent ies with the way he looks at him. Lucky, he isn’t in any of his classes today.

 

“Will Song Mino be popping out of nowhere again today? Say Jinwoo, do you have a Mino-summoning scroll or something?” Seungyoon’s crescent eyes glisten teasingly.

 

“Kang Seungyoon…” Jinwoo warned. For all Jinwoo knows, his friend might have already started a campaign page in facebook for him and Mino. He can’t understand why he keeps pushing him to be close to that chaebol.

 

“He was so cool back then when he taught that teeny-weeny Youngbae a lesson.” Seungyoon then started mimicking Mino’s moves. 

 

“Stop it Seungyoon, it doesn’t suit your paper thin body.” Jinwoo groaned. But Seungyoon’s hearing none of it. He kept strolling on the hallway imitating Mino’s badass walk that just makes him look like a swaying bamboo.

 

Jinwoo was just contemplating on how to bring his peaceful, full-of-rainbows college life dream into reality when a guy was suddenly hurled down on the floor. Another grey zone boy falls victim to the vicious cycle of bullying by the rich. He wanted to help the boy but Seungyoon immediately dragged him away.

 

“Seungyoon, why do you always let this things pass?” Jinwoo looked back praying for the fate of the poor kid.

 

“Jinwoo, imagine if your Mino-summoning scrolls ran out and he didn’t come to our rescue. It’s best to stay away from trouble as much as we can.”

 

He fell silent. He understands what Seungyoon is talking about. His exploited lifeless body would’ve been shifted back to Imjado by now if Mino’s not around. A normal happy college life seems so distant now.

 

XXX

 

Jinwoo rested his head on his table shutting out Seungyoon’s voice. He swears this guy is one mean talking machine. They’re waiting for their professor as he thought of what life could’ve been for him if he’s in another school. If he hadn’t known Mino from that accidental meeting in middle school, will he still be the same person he is now? He might have probably committed suicide back then when he’s kept being bullied at. But the thought that there’s someone willing to protect him kept his sanity, one way or another. Now that he wanted to have a sincere friendship with him, he never would've imagined it would be this difficult.

 

“Uhm.. Jinwoo! Jinwoo!” He hears the urgency in his friend’s voice but he thought he’ll just probably spurt out nonsensical things so he ignored him.

 

The classroom became eerily quiet and Jinwoo can feel the weight of stares directed on him. He peep open one eye before straightening up, looking questioningly at Seungyoon who is seated on his right. His friend looks at him then carefully glanced pass Jinwoo’s left side.

 

Jinwoo sense a strong aura emitting on his left and he only has one person in mind from whom could this presence belongs to. He abruptly turned to his left and almost falls off his chair, surprised by the sight of Mino. He’s sitting on a chair positioned backward with his arms calmly folded on Jinwoo’s table.

 

“Are you not feeling well?” Mino placed a hand on Jinwoo’s forehead, checking his temperature. Jinwoo cannot utter a word, not sure what is happening again. Why is Mino touching his forehead?

 

“He’s okay. We just saw another student being picked on while walking at the hallway a while ago. He’s just a bit emotional right now,” Seungyoon answered for Jinwoo. For once, Seungyoon’s non-stop mouth had a better use.

 

“Did they pick on you?” Mino asked, alarmed.

 

“No, I’m fine. And Mino, uhmm.. your hand?” Hurray! Jinwoo finally found his lost tongue. Mino retrieved his hand, stood up and placed his chair back on the table next to Jinwoo’s.

 

“Maybe I can do something about it. I’ll talk to the school administrators. Meanwhile, give me your phone.” Mino extended his hands while towering beside Jinwoo.

 

“Huh? My phone? What for?” Mino just grab Jinwoo’s bag impatiently, looking for his phone. “Hey, what are you doing?” Jinwoo protested but Mino pushed his head down making him sit back again.

 

Mino pressed a few keys before returning it to Jinwoo. “I put my number on speed dial one. Call me if anything happens.” He instructed.

 

Jinwoo just nodded while biting his lower lip before sliding his phone in his pocket. Will we finally be good friends?

 

Suddenly, Mino leaned closer to Jinwoo touching his forehead once more. “Are you sure you’re not sick?”

 

The latter shook his head. “I just can’t sleep well recently. I’m having nightmares again.” Jinwoo mumbled. “Maybe just tired.”

 

Mino gave Jinwoo a lingering look before occupying the seat on his left. “I’ll drop by your dorm later tonight.”

 

Everyone’s gaping mouth almost hit the floor in shock.

 

XXX

 

Author:

Kyahhhh!!!!! I'm getting giddy at Mino's action >< hehehe! But our Jinwoo is having nightmares, I wonder why :( But Mino seems like he knows about it. He will go to Jinwoo's dorm!!!! Gaahhhh!!!!! I can't wait!!!! LOL!!!! Sorry I just got carried away ><  Btw, thank you for welcoming me in twitter everyone ^^ Now I have friends there XD Also, I didn't expect for you all to be so supportive of HanWoo, thank you! Expect more HanWoo moments :D Hmm.. Does this also have The Heirs feels in it too like what the comment below says? Shall I take it as a compliment then? hehehe...

 

Here's our Seungyoon's crappy Student ID, I edited Jinwoo's too kekeke

I am very grateful for your witty and funny comments XD As well as the views and upvotes! This fic will be free for all to view without subscription needed but to those who subscribed I am very thankful. /bow/

 

love lots,

d.for.v

powered by minwoo minions