The Politician's Son

Zero and Hero

A/N: As promised, I updated quickly. hehe... Please enjoy ^_^

 

XXX

 

WTF! Is he crying?!

 

Hanbin stood up and bolted his way out of the restaurant marching towards the opposite direction from Jinwoo.

 

“W-Wait!”

Why the hell did I call him?!

 

Unexpectedly, Hanbin stopped and faced him. “Well, isn’t this awkward, hehe.” He was grinning from ear to ear but Jinwoo knows it was a forced smile. Who could’ve smile genuinely after that kind of situation?

 

“U-uhm, yeah.” Jinwoo was used to people saving or protecting him, not the other way around, so he’s not quite sure what to do but he knows he can’t just leave him behind after that. So he did what he thinks he can do best given the situation.

 

“Hanbin, d-do you like ice cream?” Jinwoo asked.

 

“Huh?”

 

“I’ll treat you. Let’s go have ice cream.”

 

“Hmm… like a little kid?”

 

“Well, yeah.”

 

“But I’m a grown up manly-man you know.”

 

“Okay, so you don’t want?”

 

“Well depends. What flavour are we talking about?”

 

“Anything you like.”

 

“Chocolate chip cookie dough”

 

“Is there such flavour?”

 

“Of course.”

 

“Okay then.”

 

“Let’s go to Baskin Robbbins.” Hanbin said and started walking.

 

Jinwoo knew B.I. is a simple minded person but he had never thought that he will be this simple.

 

XXX

 

“Aren’t you going to ask?” Hanbin said after taking a spoonful of ice cream.

 

“It’s not really my place to ask.” Jinwoo replied.

 

“It is. We’re friends.”

 

Jinwoo glanced at him with furrowed brows. He can’t understand why this guy constantly pushes to be friends with him. He’s pretty sure as a politician son he has a whole lot of better connections, not to mention his hoard of fangirls surrounding him all the time.

 

“I’m sorry you have to see that,” B.I. added.

 

Why won’t he just drop the awkward conversation and let us eat our ice cream in peace?!

 

“I feel more sorry that you have to pay for our ice cream. I offered to treat you but you end up paying, I have no idea ice cream can be this expensive.” Jinwoo sulked but more like trying to avoid the serious talk.

 

Hanbin chuckled. “You really are cute. Don’t worry about it. Having you around is more than enough to cheer me up.”

 

Jinwoo blushed and concentrated eating his ice cream. He wasn’t really sure why but it felt kind of awkward for him to have this conversation. He’s used to Seungyoon’s craziness and Mino’s indifferent behaviour but he’s not sure how to handle a serious talk with someone he barely knew.

 

“Hey cutie pie, say something. I’m trying here. You can at least pretend to be interested in befriending me you know.”

 

“I’m sorry,” Jinwoo sighed. “So what happened back there?”

 

“I got slapped obviously.” Hanbin teased.

 

“Well I saw that. I mean who is that person?”

 

“That’s my father’s mistress.”

 

“Oh, then why are you with her?” Jinwoo found it odd so he asked.

 

“Because she’s my real mother. My father and his real wife took me in since they can’t have their own kids, in exchange for a huge amount of money of course.” Hanbin answered nonchalantly.

 

Gosh! This conversation is going deep in the abyss of awkwardness. How do I respond to this?

 

“Do you want to change the topic now cutie pie?” Hanbin suggested after taking a scoop from Jinwoo’s cup.

 

“Uhm, can we?”

 

“Sure.”

 

Oh thank god…

 

“So Jinwoo, aren’t you jealous of Jennie Kim always hanging around with Song Mino?”

 

“Huh?” Jinwoo looked at Hanbin quizzically.

 

“You’re jealous right?”

 

“WHAT? I am not jealous! Why would I?”

 

“Okay, relax. No need to be so defensive.”

 

“And I am not defensive.”

 

“There are rumours going around about you two you know.” Hanbin smirked at the flushed Jinwoo.

 

“Well, I don’t care.” Jinwoo hissed and continued eating his ice cream.

 

“The popular ones are either you being a ballsucker or a charity case.”

 

“Yeah I know that.”

 

“There's another one, well… I will figure out the rumour soon.”

 

“What nonsense are you talking about?”

 

“Hey cutie pie, do you wanna go out with me?” Hanbin asked as he drapped an arm around Jinwoo’s shoulder.

 

“Where are we going?” Jinwoo asked innocently.

 

Hanbin laughed hard at the guy being clueless and dense.

 

“If that’s a joke, I didn’t get it.” Jinwoo shrugged and continued enjoying his strawberry mint ice cream then he noticed that B.I. is quiet for a while now.  He glanced back and saw him staring in a distance seemingly lost in deep thoughts. Jinwoo assumes he’s still thinking about the incident at the restaurant.

 

“Hanbin-ssi, does your cheek still hurt?”

 

“Huh?” B.I. blinked before grinning at Jinwoo. “Yes it does. But it will be fine once you caress it with your cotton soft hands.”

 

Jinwoo rolled his eyes. “Quit playing around. Here.” He guided Hanbin’s hand with the ice cream on his cheek. “There. The cup is cold enough to soothe the pain a bit.”

 

“Aww… C’mon. I need your miraculous healing hands.” Hanbin insisted.

 

Jinwoo ignored the other’s whining. “Say, what’s a public figure’s family like?”

 

B.I. was taken aback with the sudden question but answered nevertheless. “It’s pretty normal. I’m an only child so I was kind of pampered a bit.”

 

“Uhmm.. I hope you don’t mind me asking. Why did your mother slapped you earlier?”

 

“Oh what’s this? I see, you are interested in me.” Hanbin joked but Jinwoo can clearly see through him.

 

“We can change the topic again if you want.” Jinwoo said considerately.

 

“No, it’s fine.” B.I. breathed deeply. “She was asking me to obliged my father to send her money again, threatening to expose everything to the public.”

 

Jinwoo kept silent but continue to listen attentively.

 

“This is not the first time she did it but she can’t get hold of my father now so she wanted me to tell him instead, but I refuse to do it. My father and his wife are good people. They treated me nicely so I don’t want to take advantage of them.” B.I. continued.

 

“Is that why she slapped you?”

 

“Yeah. I know she’ll just gamble the money away liek she always does and I really didn’t want to cause more trouble for my father as well. I guess I’ll just try to talk to my mom again, maybe next time she’ll have more sense in her.” B.I. faced Jinwoo smiling, “Well, that’s the story of my life.”

 

Jinwoo understands. The way he acts so friendly. Why he greets everyone cheerfully. The way he hides his pain in his smile. After all, he is a politician’s son. He has no choice but to desperately make everyone believe that he’s okay, that everything is fine. In a way, Jinwoo sees a different side of Kim Hanbin, the one that nobody knows and cares about. Somehow, it made him feel like he wanted to continue knowing this side of him.

 

Jinwoo smiled back and brought a hand on Hanbin’s cheek, “You did good, Kim Hanbin.”

 

B.I. flinched in surprise as Jinwoo caress his swollen cheek, “Wow your hands are really cotton-soft.” He smiled genuinely.

 

Jinwoo withdrew his hand and blushed. “I hope that makes the pain go away.” He half-expected for B.I. to throw a crazy punchline and again but instead, Hanbin looked away and focus all his concentration on finishing his ice cream.

 

“Thank you. I feel better now,” he said in between bites.

 

XXX

 

Jinwoo sat under the tree enjoying the solemnity of the place. It’s been a while since they started the year in YG University. But slowly, he’s starting to change the way he views this environment of socialite kids. Even those who likes to bully people, maybe they all have their own reasons, might not be a good one but reason nonetheless. All he knows is that each student here have their own stories to tell and looking at it this way, this place might not be so bad after all. He breathes in the fresh air and thankful for the peace in the silence.

 

“JINWOOOO!!!!”

 

And of course, Seungyoon never fails to ALWAYS ruin his peaceful moments.

 

“KIM JINWOO!”

 

To all the deities in the universe, I’m begging you to make him shut up!

 

“OI, JINWOO!” Seungyoon lied down beside him catching his breath. “Psst. Kim Jinwoo.”

 

“What?!”

 

“Nothing, I just want to call your name. hehe.”

 

“You crazy idiot!” Jinwoo yelled in frustration.

 

“Shhh… stop shouting, you’ll startle people around.” Seungyoon beamed as he sat himself up.

 

I give up!

 

“Hey, I know something you don’t know” Seungyoon shoved away Jinwoo’s things as the latter tried to get some notes to study.

 

“In that case I DON’T want to know.” Jinwoo hissed.

 

“It’s about Jennie Kim.”

 

“Seriously? You’re gonna surpass all the women's gossiping level. I’m not listening to this.”

 

As expected, Seungyoon brushed off Jinwoo’s protest. “She’s rich, popular, gorgeous and seems very kind, so that’s why I don’t trust her.”

 

“What kind of a twisted logic is that?”

 

“I heard Mino is close to her because she once helped him out.” Seungyoon whispered as if they’re talking about a top secret information.

 

“Well, their families are business partners. It could be related to that.” Jinwoo reasoned.

 

“But actually, that’s not entirely true.” Seungyoon smirked as he notices Jinwoo’s full attention at him now. “Jennie actually helped someone that Mino knew and cared about but totally unrelated to their business affairs. So I think, maybe Mino felt indebted to her in a way.”

 

“That’s odd though. I mean coming from one of the most influential family, Mino could’ve done things himself. Why would he need Jennie’s help?” Jinwoo wondered.

 

“I don’t know.” Seungyoon shrugged. “Why don’t you go ask him yourself? Go to the VIP lounge.” He suggested with a creepy smile.

 

“What? That’s embarrassing.” Jinwoo protested.

 

“Why is it embarrassing? Are you going to go there ?”

 

“Stop it, Seungyoon!”

 

“My dear friend, are you happy to just watch him creepily from a distance?”

 

“Why are we even having this conversation? Have you seen yourself in the mirror? You look more creepy.”

 

“Okay, you don’t need to ask him. Just go there and hang out.”

 

“Why?”

 

“Because you haven’t been spending time lately.”

 

“So?”

 

“So go spend time with him.”

 

“No.”

 

“Please.”

 

“GAH! You’re driving me crazy! Why are you so work up about this?”

 

“Because!” Seungyoon drew a big breath. “I know you like him and if I don’t push you then your heart will rot away and your soul won’t be in peace for hundreds of years, then my soul won’t be in peace.”

 

“Shut up! I don’t like him.” Jinwoo responds while looking away.

 

“Liar!”

 

“I’m not lyi--”

 

“You are!”

 

“I don’t like h--”

 

“Liar!”

 

“Stop i-”

 

“blah blah blah”

 

“Seungy---”

 

“nyah nyah nyah”

 

“GAAAAHHHH!!!”

“Mwahahahaha!” Seungyoon laughed at his friend’s flustered look. “Alright, I’m just kidding. Aww… Look at you blushing.”

 

“Just stop it, okay?”

 

“Jinwoo, I only wish for you to be honest with yourself,” Seungyoon smiled. “You know that you can tell me anything right? I’ll support you at any cost but before I can do that you gotta have to settle your own emotions first.”

 

“I don’t understand what you’re trying to say.”

 

“It’s simple. Just repeat after me, I. Like. Song. Mino.”

 

“Oh god. Shut up!” Jinwoo snarled. “Let’s just drop this useless conversation. Let’s go to the I.T. Department, I have to borrow some software CD’s there for my film editing.”

 

“Don’t go there.” Seungyoon grab Jinwoo’s shoulder stopping the latter from picking up his bag.

 

“Why not?” Jinwoo ask, confused.

 

“Remember Youngbae?” Seungyoon’s expression suddenly became serious.

 

“You mean the mohawk guy from the fast food before?”

 

“Yep. That’s where he and his idiotic crew hang out all the time. It won’t be safe for you to go there.”

 

“Mino already took care of him plus I’m not going there, WE are going there.” Jinwoo shrugged off Seungyoon’s hand, grabbed him by the collar and started walking.

 

“You don’t even know where it is, don’t you?”

 

“That’s why you’re coming with me.”

 

Seungyoon slipped out of Jinwoo’s hold and immediately dash away to the opposite direction. “You fool! I’m not gonna go there to be slain.” He shouted back.

 

“Yah! Come back here! I really need to go there.”

 

“Go ask Mino to go with you! BYEEEEE!” And Seungyoon is out of sight in a matter of seconds.

 

Tsk! Dammit!

 

XXX

 

A/N: I know Mino is not in this update but I hope you're not getting bored by the story. Now we get to know a little more about B.I. in this story. Please look forward to the other character's back story as well. And once again, I'm very thankful for your support. Hello to the new subscribers ^_^ And for those people asking for more HanWoo I hope this chapter makes you happy hehe, looks like B.I. is moving faster than that stupid Mino huh, mwehehehe. I'm really grateful for taking the time to comment as well, they give me motivation to update kekeke!

 

love lots,

D.for.V

powered by minwoo minions <3