Back Hug

Zero and Hero

A/N: I'm so so so sorry for not updating fast T_T and yet I gave you another crappy update >..< Forgive me!

 

XXX

 

“Relax Mino. I just happened to be around the area when I saw him being surrounded by thugs.” Hanbin said, while sitting comfortably on a couch in one of the student lounge.

 

“I don’t care. Just stay away from him.” Mino simply replied with his hands shove in his pocket standing in front of B.I.

 

“You should be thankful I saved him. Who knows what might have happened.”

 

“I’m not really sure if I should be.”

 

“Look at this arrogant bastard.” B.I. shook his head amusingly. “It makes me really curious why are you so protective of him. So tell me why?”

 

“I know others see you as a friendly-flirty guy with girls, but I am not that naive, B.I.”

 

Hanbin stood up from the couch and levelled his gaze with Mino. “That didn’t answer my question but I’ll let it slide. So what do you mean Song Mino?” He replied while smirking.

 

“You and I both know. I don’t have to announce it for you.” Mino spun around and heads toward the door.

 

“You also know that only Jinwoo can tell me to stay away from him, right?”

 

“You can do whatever the heck it is that you’re planning anytime you want. But don’t dare use him.”  Mino slammed the door as he went out.

 

XXX

 

Spell awkward. It’s Me, Mino and nugu girl. Jinwoo thought as he takes a walk towards his dorm with the two other entities he would rather not be with right now. Well, just one of them at least.

 

Where is that big-mouth when you need him the most? Seungyoon took off to god-only-knows-where as soon as Mino made eye-contact with them.

 

“Err… It’s really okay if you don’t walk me back to the dorm entrance.” He murmured.

 

Jennie asked for Mino’s help to tour her around the school so she can get familiar with the environment. While Mino decided it would be fun to show her where the University dorm compound is first.

 

“It’s okay. Mino told me you’re staying at the dorm. We can walk around from there,” she said.

 

“Uh. Yeah. I am.”

 

Mino told her? I wonder what else Mino said about me?

 

“So, how did you two knew each other?” She asked while smiling. “Mino here just said he met you one day and kicked it off but I-- ” Jennie gasped as Mino encircled his arm around her waist and pulled her back as a car zoomed passed the street.

 

“Jen-ah, are you alright?” Mino asked worriedly. “I’ll get those bastards. Walk this side instead.” He said as he ushered Jennie to his other side making her stand between him and Jinwoo.

 

He called her ‘Jen-ah’. Are they really close? And he looks so worried. I haven’t seen him this worried to anyone else. Of course silly, she almost got hit by a car. But the biggest question of why she hugged Mino in public is still unanswered. Are they going out? Ugh! Jinwoo sighed at his malicious thoughts. He glanced at Jennie who’s smiling amusingly at Mino while telling him to not mind about what happened.

 

“Lost-kid.”

 

But she looks really kind and very charming.

 

“Hey, kid.” Mino’s voice pulled him back to his senses. “We’re here at the entrance of the dorm. You take a rest now, I’ll drop Jennies off to her place.”

 

Must he really need to say the last part? “Okay eomma.” Jinwoo pouted unconsciously.

 

“You two are so cute.” Jennie giggled. “Bye Jinwoo. It was nice meeting you.” Jennie waved as Mino started to walk again, ignoring Jinwoo.

 

Jinwoo got to admit, he hated the idea that Mino is being protective with others especially if it’s a girl but he can’t simply bring himself to hate on Jennie for no reason. It’s just the ‘idea’ he hated.

 

XXX

 

It’s already pass eight in the evening when Jinwoo decided to take a walk at the school park. A lot of thoughts had been running in his mind the whole day that he needed a breath of fresh air. He is still not done concluding what kind of admiration he feels towards Mino, then he’s wondering what kind of business Mino had with B.I. Now, here is Jennie Kim messing with his feelings, making him irritated for no reason. He sighed heavily as he sat on one of the park’s benches.

 

“It’s all because of that stupid Seungyoon. He’s putting things in my head.” He mumbled to no one.

 

“What kind of things Seungyoon feed your head?” A voice cut through the stillness of the night. He looked up and saw Mino walking towards his direction before taking the opposite bench facing his.

 

“Nothing.” He lowered his head again trying to hide the smile forming on his lips.

 

“Why are you here?”

“Why you’re here?”

 

They both asked at the same time. Jinwoo blushed and Mino suddenly finds the nearby tree entertaining.

 

“I’m just trying to get some fresh air.” Jinwoo answered first.

 

“You looked sulky this afternoon.” Mino simply answered like it made all sense in the world but Jinwoo knows better. Mino came back to check on him. Maybe he’s being delusional but Jinwoo couldn’t care less.

 

“So…” Jinwoo tentatively glanced at Mino. He wanted to ask him about Jennie but he doesn’t want Mino to think that he’s being nosy. “Uhmm…”

 

Mino cocked an eyebrow. “What is it?”

 

He just hopes that he won’t sound too pathetic in what he’s about to say. He took a deep breath before asking. “Err…”

“Just spill it.” Mino suddenly exclaimed that startled Jinwoo.

 

“What’s your business with B.I.?”

 

Jinwoo mentally slapped himself. That’s not what he intended to ask but it also bothers him a bit so he doesn’t mind. But he still has to learn more about Mino’s relationship with that girl though, not that he’s being nosy, just curious, he convinced himself.

 

“It’s nothing that you should be worried about. And why are you suddenly asking about him? You said you weren’t close.” Mino questioned.

 

Why is he the one interrogating me now?

“I told you he’s just my classmate in one subject. We’re not close, unlike you and Jennie.” Jinwoo whispered the last part but still loud enough for Mino to hear.

 

“Me and Jennie?” Mino asked.

 

“Well, I saw her hugging you at the student lounge.” Jinwoo sulked at his don’t-sound-pathetic-mission totally failing.

 

“Oh that? Hahaha.” Mino laughed. Jinwoo would have probably rejoiced at finally making Mino laughed only if he isn’t laughing at his pitiful state. “I agreed on bringing her around, so she thanked me.”

“She thanked you by encircling her arms around your neck and pressing her body against yours in public view?” Jinwoo couldn’t care less if he has reached his pathetic-est form. He can’t understand why hugging is needed, simply saying thank you isn’t enough?

 

Mino laughed again at his choice of words. “You mean hug? As far as I remember someone else also thanked me by hugging me too in public view,” he continued while smirking at Jinwoo.

 

“What? Who is—oh…” Jinwoo’s face heat up after realizing Mino was talking about him. “But that’s different,” he murmured looking elsewhere.

 

“How is it different?”

 

“Well, it’s.. uhmm…” Oh geez, how was it different? Jinwoo was busy chewing his bottom lips and cracking his brain to give a justifiable reason that he didn’t notice Mino standing up walking behind him. Suddenly, two strong arms enveloped him in a warm hug from the back, surprising him.

 

“Seunggyeun really put things in your mind huh?” Mino whispered in Jinwoo’s ear making the latter shiver.

 

Jinwoo gulped “I-it’s S-Seungyoon.”

 

“Okay.” Mino replied before silence stretched between them. Jinwoo struggled to keep his sanity by playing with his fingers while Mino is still bent down hugging him from behind with just the bench’s backrest in between them.

 

“You’re so stiff. Don’t think too much, this is just a thank you.” Mino finally broke the silence before releasing Jinwoo and started walking. “Let’s go, I’ll walk you back to your dorm.”

 

“Huh? W-wait!” Jinwoo stood up and followed him from behind. “What are you thanking me for?”

 

“For being safe when I’m not around.”

 

An indescribable feeling streamed through Jinwoo. He can’t explain it either, all he knows is that it’s making his heart beat faster and brings about unspeakable happiness and satisfaction in him.

 

Jinwoo hugged himself, musing over the feeling of strong arms around his body awhile ago; as he watches Mino’s back walking ahead of him. He’s thinking if Jennie’s appearance will bring changes to his and Mino’s complicated relationship.

 

XXX

 

Jinwoo sat in his usual spot in the class. Mino’s presence is nowhere to be found and quite honestly he’s thankful for it, he’s actually looking forward to Seungyoon’s automated mouth to keep his mind from wandering to senseless things. Unfortunately, he still can’t get his mind off about yesterday’s events.
 

An unexpected voice cut through Jinwoo’s train of confusing thoughts.

 

“Good morning cutie pie!” Bullet shouted across the room before making his way to Jinwoo; not forgetting to wave and smile at all the girls fighting over at whom he addressed his endearment to.

 

“Cutie pie?” Jinwoo looked at Hanbin disinterestingly as the guy sat on the chair in front facing him.

 

“Hello, cutie pie!” B.I. repeated confirming that he was pertaining to Jinwoo. The girls bolted their heads on their direction in sync making Jinwoo face-palm himself.

 

“Can you not make my already miserable life more miserable?” Jinwoo sighed.

 

XXX

 

A/N: I really felt bad guys, OTL I was caught up with year-end work related stuffs so I was busy before Christmas then after that I was in an overseas holiday then come in new year and I'm busy with start-of-the-year work T.T Anyway, thank you so much for waiting, for the upvotes, comments and subscriptions. You guys are amazing. This Chp is actually not done yet but I'm afraid I won't be able to give you another update if I kept holding it back so I posted this now. Hope that you'll continue to stay on, our MinWoo looks like they're finally progressing but don't forget that B.I. and Jennie is also there. Things will start to get more exciting, I'll work hard to give you a fast update just like last time. (though I'm caught up with minecraft and weeping angels and anything in between as of the moment lol XD)

 

Thank you always for your support! Love you guys,!

d_for_v

powered by minwoo minions <3