Again

Zero and Hero

A/N: Weew! Enjoy the chapter! ^_^

 

XXX

 

Jinwoo paced back and forth down the hallway of the student center, his eyebrows mashed up in anxiety. He’s now outside the VIP lounge where Mino and his friends are currently hanging out. Since realizing his little ‘admiration’ he has suddenly finds it difficult to talk to him casually without combusting into a big ball of supernova.

 

“I think I’m not feeling well, I’ll just do it tomorrow then.” He tries to convince himself and began walking towards the exit. “But I need that software as soon as possible.” He said as he walks back to the hall. “Or I can go to the I.T. Department myself. Yep, I’ll do that.” He once again started heading out to the exit when he remembers Seungyoon’s words, “It’s not safe… I don’t want to be slain.” Argh! That walking stick really controls his mind. Will he get out of there alive or will his lifeless body be found brutally murdered the following day?

 

Jinwoo leaned back at the wall near the door of the VIP room in exhaustion. He never thought just deciding to ask Mino a small favour will be this tiring. He was still contemplating what to do when he suddenly heard an amused manly voiced beside him.

 

“Oh look who we have here. Hello,” a handsome face with slit eyes and prominent cheekbones suddenly appears. “Why are you here Mino’s special friend?”

 

“I- Uhm… I’m not Mino’s special friend.” Jinwoo mumbled while bowing his head.

The taller guy chuckled in amusement before stepping in front and level his gaze with Jinwoo. “We had previous encounters already but let me properly introduce myself. I’m Lee Seunghoon,” he bowed politely.

 

“Nice to meet you,” Jinwoo bowed civilly.

 

“Well Jinwoo, mind sharing what’s really between you and my friend? He doesn’t say anything so I hope you can enlighten me. I’m dying with curiosity.” Seunghoon asked as he casually leaned back on the wall opposite Jinwoo’s.

 

“There’s really nothing to say about us.”

 

“If you don’t tell me, I’ll kneel down and beg with a loud voice then if my fan girls see what you’re doing to me, well… I’m not sure if I can keep you safe.” Seunghoon grinned.

 

“What?!”

 

Seunghoon suddenly knelt down and stretched his arms out then started shouting, “PLEASE! PLEASE TELL ME!”

 

“What the heck are you doing?! Please stop!” Jinwoo tried to bring him up but the other guy just shouted louder.

 

Why am I always surrounded by lunatics? WHYYYY?

“Yah!” the maknae of the trio suddenly appeared whacking Seunghoon on the head.

 

“Aww! I was just teasing him.” Seunghoon pouted and caress his head as he stands.

 

“Aish! I thought something weird is happening when you shouted. Go back inside and reflect.” Taehyun instructed the older guy.

 

“Pshh. You’re no fun.” Seunghoon whined as he walks back inside the VIP room.

 

Wow! This maknae is scary. Jinwoo thought.

 

“Sorry, Jinwoo-ssi. Looks like Seunghoon’s going mental again, but don’t worry he’s harmless.” Taehyun smiled.

 

“It’s okay. I’m used to another Seung going mental.”

 

“Oh you mean Seungyoon-ssi?”

 

“You know him?” Jinwoo asked curiously.

 

“Uhm. Sort of.”

 

Did he just blushed?

 

“I’m going to call Mino out.”

 

“W-wait…” before he knew it Taehyun is already back inside the room.

 

Oh no. I can feel a vortex stirring inside my stomach. I’m so nervous.

 

“Hey, lost kid.”

 

Jinwoo flinched upon hearing Mino’s voice. He looked up and saw him standing in front of the door with both his hands shoved inside his pockets, looking as cool as ever. He can’t help but notice the two guys struggling behind him though, there’s Seunghoon being dragged by Taehyun back inside the room.

 

“Taehyun-ah, I just want to peek a bit.”

“Standing creepily beside Mino is NOT just peeking.”

 

“Don’t worry about those two.” Mino’s voice brought Jinwoo back to the matter at hand. “So, what are you doing here?”

 

“U-uhm…” Jinwoo swallowed hard. Why is it so difficult to ask him this favour? It was no problem for Jennie Kim, surely there won’t be any problem for him to ask too, right?

 

“Jinwoo? Did something happen? You look flushed.” Mino stepped closer and scanned Jinwoo’s face with concern.

 

“No!” He exclaimed. Just stop blushing and stuttering like a teenage girl!

 

“What is it then?”

 

“I-is it okay if you want to go with me, us together, if you will agree, to the I.T. Department, only if you want to, I mean us together going there to the I.T Dept---” What the heck am I saying?!

 

“OF COURSE HE WANTS TOO!” Seunghoon shouted from inside the room followed by soft chuckles by Taehyun. Looks like even the maknae can’t help but to snoop around.

 

Jinwoo was about to step back and run away in embarrassment but Mino was quick to hold him in place by the shoulders.

 

“So you mean to say if I can accompany you to the I.T. Department?” Mino asked with a glint of amusement. Jinwoo nodded in response.

 

“Sure. Let’s go.”

 

The other duo cheered loud from the VIP lounge as they walk towards the exit.

 

XXX

 

Jinwoo scanned the surroundings once they got in the I.T. Dept. Building. This building is the next peaceful thing in the campus apart from Jinwoo’s dorm. He has a slight suspicion about this situation and a person with a bamboo figure is definitely involved.

 

“Say, Mino. You remember that guy from the fastfood incident? Is he always hanging around here?”

 

“Oh that tiny bastard? No. A lot of the genius scholars hangout here though. Why did you ask?” Mino eyed him questioningly.

 

“Nothing. Just making sure it’s safe here.”

 

That son of satan! Seungyoon knowingly scared him not to go at the I.T. Department by himself so that he won’t have any choice but to ask Mino to accompany him. I’m going to punch his stupid face.

 

“We’re here.” Mino announced. Jinwoo didn’t notice that they already reach the records room where he needs to borrow the software from. “Take your time. I’ll wait here.”

 

“It’s fine, you can go ahead.”

 

“I’ll wait,” Mino said firmly. Jinwoo was about to object when a wild Jennie Kim materializes.

 

“Mino! I’m surprise to see you here.” Jennie jumped at him and clinged on his arm in records time.

 

“I’m accompanying Jinwoo.” Mino replied stoically.

 

“Oh. Hi, Jinwoo! What are you doing here?”

 

She just noticed me now? The question is what are YOU doing here? Is what Jinwoo wanted to say. “I’m borrowing a software I needed.”

 

“Oh cool. I’m here to collect some stuffs too.”

 

Great.

 

Few minutes later, Jinwoo and Mino began heading out of the I.T. Department with a certain Jennie Kim tagging along. Of course. Jinwoo stared somberly at Mino’s back as he casually chats with Jennie. He is clueless of what the two are conversing about so all he could do is fade in the background and pretend like it doesn’t hurt.

 

Hurt? I’m completely losing my mind. There’s no reason for me to get hurt by how Mino is always treating Jennie differently from me. I mean he ignores me most of the time when we are around people but he really cares for me whenever it’s just the two of us. Right? Right? Jinwoo sighed at his ridiculous thoughts once again. He’s been having such kind of funny thoughts popping inside his head ever since Jennie appeared.

 

He glanced at Jennie and felt bad for having weird ideas about her. The girl is not doing any harm to him, actually she’s been really friendly. Plus, there’s nothing special between him and Mino’s odd relationship. He has nothing to complain about.

 

“Jinwoo have you heard about the Mix & Match Event?” Jennie asked, disrupting his thoughts.

 

“What event?” Jinwoo questioned.

 

“Mino, you didn’t tell him?”

 

“He didn’t.” Jinwoo answered while looking at Mino inquisitively.

 

“I see.” Jennie said as she momentarily glanced at Mino who just continued walking and ignoring their conversation. “Well I heard it’s an annual school gathering aimed to give all the students a chance to mingle but it really never had a success story. This year have a different theme though, it should be interesting.”

 

“Okay.” Jinwoo replied unenthusiastically.

 

“Well, how many class do you have this afternoon? Let’s hangout together after class.” Jennie suggested as she stole glances at Mino.

 

By hanging out ‘together’ she meant with Mino, isn’t it?

 

Jinwoo felt like his chest is going to burst open from an unexplained force soon. He gripped his backpack strap tight and swallowed hard before answering. “I’m sorry I can’t. I have to go to the AV room to do some editing.” Jinwoo replied, successfully making an excuse. The last thing he wants to do now is to ‘hangout’ with these two and witness their blossoming romance.

 

XXX

 

Jinwoo slumped on the chair and stretched out his arms in the air after finishing the editing of video for his class presentation. “Life for people without their own computer.” Jinwoo murmured to himself. He has to stay and borrow the school facilities whenever needed because he can’t afford to have his own one.

 

“What? It’s already pass 7 o’clock? No wonder my tummy’s making all kinds of weird noises now.” He quickly gathered his things and headout the building. Jinwoo stared at nowhere as he slowly walks towards the dorm compound. He envisions how Mino and Jennie are ‘hanging out’ right now, and it sure is not an innocent one.

 

What the hell am I think?! Jinwoo shook his head and mentally kick himself. But he would rather see a dancing Seungyoon for hours than stand the sight of the two together, and he swears a dancing Seungyoon is never a good sight.

 

Jinwoo is still lost in his own misery when he suddenly heard loud laughs and saw 3 guys loitering outside the student center building. Unfortunately, Jinwoo needs to walk by that area to get to the dorm. He automatically cast his head down and hastened his pace, hoping not to attract their attention.

 

“Look, it’s Mino’s ballsucker.”

 

Looks like Jinwoo failed his stealth mode attempt.

 

“Is he? Mino is always together with that new girl. He seems to have found a REAL ‘er’ not just for his balls.”

 

The group laughed hysterically at their own joke before turning full attention at Jinwoo. All the while Jinwoo ignored them and continued walking.

 

“Yah! This punk! Why are you ignoring us?”

 

“Should we test how good of a ball er is he?” One of the guys said as they exchange knowing grins.

 

As soon as Jinwoo heard footsteps nearing him, he immediately sprinted away as fast as he can. He ran forward without looking back.

 

! Not again, why me?!

 

“Oi, wait for us?!”

 

“My balls need too.”

 

The laughters echoed in the distance. Luckily, Jinwoo had trained himself in running, being a bully target his whole life, he knows it is essential for his survival. After a while, he glanced behind and didn’t see any of the guys chasing him.

 

Have I outrun them?

 

He slowed down his pace and catches his breath. One more turn around the corner then I’ll see the dorm entrance.

 

Jinwoo walked gingerly as his thought drift away once again to Mino and Jennie’s whereabouts. He can’t help it, it’s like his mind is already trained to think about Mino 24/7.

 

I wonder what is Mino doing right now. Does he ever have thoughts about me as much as I do about him? Of course not. Who am I kidding. What I feel right now. It’s—

 

His train of thoughts was interrupted when someone suddenly yank his backpack backwards. He looked back in horror to see one of the guys chasing him a while ago. He thought they gave up chasing after him but it looks like they catch up.

 

Jinwoo quickly slipped out, ready to leave his bag behind before the other two of the chasers got near. But he stopped right on his tracks after hearing an all too familiar voice from the distance.

 

“What are you doing?” There’s dangerous tone hanging on every word in that question.

 

“S-!” The guy holding his backpack drop it in an instant.

 

Jinwoo looked closely to the figure standing in the shadow of the wall near the entrance of the dorm. With chest heaving up and down, Jinwoo almost burst into tears as relief flooded his system.

 

“You’re here,” he said.

 

XXX

A/N: Hehe... You might felt like we're going in circles here but I have to give justice to the title of the series, so yeah. lol ! As always, thank you very much for your support ^_^ Just a head-up, I know some of you don't particularly like Seungyoon's character here, but I do, so bleh! hahahaha, seriously, we'll be coming to his back story soon so please anticipate it hehe ^_^ Once again, I'm very grateful to the subscribers, you really didn't have to sub but thank you for liking my story ^_^  Of course for all your 'emotional' comments and upvotes. kamsahmida /bow/

 

love lots,

d.for.v

powered by minwoo minions <3