The Hero

Zero and Hero

XXX

Jinwoo managed to step back after recovering from the initial shock of B.I.’s face shoved on his.

 

“Uh, yeah. Hello.” Jinwoo bowed politely. At his current topic-of-the-gossip status he doesn’t really need to be associated with another socialite as of the moment. He didn’t even bother asking how B.I. got his name. He’s quite sure by now even the school maintenance knows who he is.

 

“I’m Kim Hanbin but you can call me B.I.”

 

Okay, B.I. now shoo away.

 

“I heard some say that you are close with Song Mino, is that true?”

 

“Yep!” Seungyoon butted.

“No!” Jinwoo’s eyes widening at Seungyoon. Why did heaven stuck me with mister full mouth, like literally?

 

“So, you’re friends?” B.I. pressed on grinning.

 

“Not really.” Jinwoo confirmed just in time before the professor enters the class.

 

“Oh, okay. Nice meeting you Jinwoo,” B.I. said and lightly pinched his nose before going to his seat.

 

What’s with this guy?

 

XXX

 

Jinwoo swears that half of his brain cells are already dead with so much boredom and his professor’s voice already sounds like a lovely lullaby.

 

“Oh my, it’s SongNamLee.” A confirmed fangirl of the TOP3 shouted from the corridor outside their class. Jinwoo looked up and saw Mino through the transparent glass window with his two friends laughing casually while passing by the hallway. One of Mino’s friends with slit eyes pouted, pointing at Jinwoo’s direction. Mino glanced inside the class meeting Jinwoo’s eyes, painting his face with an unreadable expression again. Jinwoo immediately diverted his gaze and fumbled through his notes pretending to be busy.

 

“Acckkk! They stopped!”

“OMG! What is he doing?”

“Kyah, help me fix my hair!”

 

Unlimited shrieking of probably an already wet group of girls is all Jinwoo can hear, he won’t be surprise finding a rolling ovary somewhere. Suddenly the squealing died down and murmurings filled the class. Curious, Jinwoo lifted his gaze and slowly looked at the hallway again. And there he is, Mino standing at their classroom door with furrowed eyebrows. The other two of the trio happily observes from outside the window while trying to stifle their laughs.

 

Jinwoo’s eyes couldn’t get any bigger as he watch Mino barge in their class going straight to where he is seated, ignoring the stunned professor standing in front.

 

“Where’s your hoodie?” Mino asked.

 

“I-inside my bag?” Jinwoo answered with confusion.

 

“Why aren’t you wearing it?”

 

“W-why?”

 

“I asked why you’re not wearing it,” he repeated in a fiercer tone.

 

“B-because I don’t feel like using it and someone said it’s ugly.” He eyed Seungyoon tentatively, sitting on his right. “Ehem!” The skinny guy coughed.

 

Mino sighed looking at Jinwoo's round neck tees, he then took off his Ralph Lauren Harrington jacket. He grabbed Jinwoo up bringing him to stand before wearing it on the smaller guy like it’s the most natural thing to do between two guys. This pushes everyone into the brink of having a mental breakdown, including Jinwoo himself.

 

“The weather is cold. You shouldn’t dress lightly.” Mino said flatly and started exiting the class with no fck’s given to anyone else.

 

“What? Wait Mino…”

 

Mino’s gone in a flash and the entire class whipped their heads to Jinwoo in a sync, gawking. He slowly sat back down, burying his face on his notes once again. Jinwoo can hear everyone’s thoughts asking who the damn hell is he that Mino even gave him a jacket.

 

In a nearby corner inside the class, B.I. sat smirking amusingly with the scene he just witnessed. He can’t believe Song Mino acting this way with anyone, more so with a non-elitist kid.

 

XXX

 

All Jinwoo could wish for right now is to swim back to his hometown at Imjado. Murmurings of students are all he could hear by the time he and Seungyoon entered one of the slightly inexpensive restaurant in the campus. He’s quite sure that he will end up at the headlines in his school newspaper the following week; “Kim Jinwoo, the unworthy peasant that receives attention.”

 

Why the hell would Mino do that? Whyyyyy?

 

As soon as they finished ordering their food and settled, Jinwoo took off the jacket Mino made him wear and placed it carefully on the empty seat beside him. He looked at Seungyoon who is grinning at him teasingly, “Don’t even try to open your mouth Seungyoon. I beg you, spare me.”

 

“Okay, I won’t talk about you.”

 

“Thank you.”

 

“I’ll talk about your friend.

 

“Oh gosh,” Jinwoo pinched the bridge of his nose trying to supress the impending headache brought about by mister full-mouth. “I told you, we’re not really friends. He’s just… someone I know.”

 

“Whatever you say, he’s obviously THAT interested in you. ‘The weather is cold, you shouldn’t dress lightly,’ what’s with that?” Seungyoon mimicked.

 

“He’s not.” Jinwoo whispered while wearing back his grey hoodie. “He just sees me as a charity center through whom he can have a chance to do good deeds.” Seungyoon arched his eyebrows but didn’t comment anything and just proceeded digging as soon as their food arrived.

 

When they are about to take a bite from their burgers, a guy with a mohawk hairstyle suddenly sat beside Jinwoo. “Hey there, freshman.”

 

Seungyoon recognizes him as the son of the owner of the fast food chains where they are currently at. “Excuse us, Youngbae sunbaenim. Jinwoo, let’s just bag our food.” Jinwoo followed Seungyoon up without uttering a word, he trust his friend to lead them out of trouble.

 

Both of the younger boys yelp in surprise when Youngbae knockdown Jinwoo’s tray toppling his food to the ground in the process. The other students just gave them a disinterested glance and went on eating like nothing happened.

 

“What is your problem?” Jinwoo said in surprise, actually he just couldn't bare wasting his money. My $7 meal went down the drain.

 

“Nothing, I just want to get your attention. I heard you’re the ballsucker freshman guy. Do you want to be associated with me too? I might need some ball- as well.” Youngbae laughed hysterically then stood up and cup Jinwoo’s cheeks.

 

“What a trash talker. Jinwoo, let’s go.” Seungyoon abandoned his food and pulled Jinwoo away.

 

“I’m not fcking talking to you.” Youngbae yanked Jinwoo back and pushed Seungyoon forcefully causing him to fall on the floor.

 

“Seungyoon! What the hell!” Jinwoo slapped Youngbae’s hands and stood in a frail ready-for-battle stance. Jinwoo is very smart and have a fair sum of talents, but kung fu is not one of them. ! What am I doing?

 

Youngbae laughed out loud at Jinwoo’s pathetic attempt to intimidate. “Just come with me, you’ll like it later on.”

 

Nevertheless, Jinwoo formed a fist on both his hands and placed them in between his face and his opponent.

 

“I-I know karate.” He threatened.

 

To his surprise, Youngbae’s eyes widen in fear and started stepping back. Looks like this is working. He thought and smiled inwardly feeling proud of himself for standing up once.

 

In a blink of an eye, Youngbae’s mohawk styled head suddenly lands on the floor shocking Jinwoo and everyone else in the scene. Mino stood there beside the guy sprawled on the floor with a grim expression on his face. His knuckles hot red from the punch.

 

“You fcking ,” they heard him utter before landing a solid kick on Youngbae’s face. The guy might need several stitches on that one.

 

“Oh my god!”

 

XXX

 

Author:

 

Woot! Chapter 4! hehehe... Again, for YB fans out there mianhe >< Some of the YG artists are just cameo-ing here, no major roles but I already decided who will be the female character link to Mino. Thank you all for those who suggested. All will be YG artists since I don't really want to risk upsetting other fandoms, but YG stans will be more understanding right? hehehe.. Once again thank you so much for your support. And kaijintaichou, thank you for tweeting me, you're my first official incle twitter... errr... associate??? lol! "You're someone I can't casually call my friend yet" hahahaha

 

For all the lovely and warm comments, I'll work hard for you all ^^ I just have to warn you though. This is gonna be one hell longggggggg fanfic, pls stay with me... hahahaha!

 

love lots,

d.for.v

powered by minwoo minions