Eight

Maybe You're More Than A Friend
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Even though it has been about two months, she noticed his hair and eyebrow had grown back to the longer hairstyle similar to the first time she met Jackson. Youngji wanted to run her fingers through his side-wept hair and get lost looking at his innocent eyes. They were definitely a shade of rich brown, not black. How could she not recognize what color his eyes were?

“Youngji.”

Jackson’s deep tone made Youngji self-conscious for staring. She instantly lowered her eyes as she mumbled an apology.

“Why are you apologizing?” Jackson tilted her face up with two of his fingers.

“Is it because you disappeared from my sight? You think I wouldn’t know.” Jackson removed his hand from her face, “I did.”

“I thought you didn’t care.” Youngji muttered as she touched her cheeks.

“I was trying to make you jealous. Instead, you made me jealous.” Jackson said bitterly.

“When did I?”

Youngji was accused for no reason. Her eyes widened that he thought she would do such a thing. Why would Jackson make such an assumption? Jackson frowned as he gave a small knock on her forehead.

“Dummy, you were talking to JB or rather flirting with him. Do you let any guy get so close to you?” Jackson didn’t let Youngji off easily, “Did you like that he’s taller than me?”

“I was not flirting. Jackson, I didn’t even notice his height.”

Youngji couldn’t believe that she had to defend herself for something she didn’t do.

“Oh really?” Jackson eyed as he walked closer, trapping her against the wall.

Jackson leaned over leaving a couple of inches between them. Youngji held her breathe as she glanced at Jackson. Youngji was mesmerized how clear his skin had gotten. 

 “Close your eyes.”

Youngji felt his hands brush her cheeks softly. Jackson leaned in closer to brush her bangs with his fingers while steadying her waist with his other hand.

“What are you doing?” Youngji stuttered over her words.

He whispered to her as he was closing the distance between them. Their noses were almost touching.

“Isn’t that what you wanted all along? A kiss from me.”

 

Youngji was sweating from her forehead and her cheeks were red as she shot straight up from her bed. She waved her hands in the air, tossing her hair from stress. And to be certain she was awake, she pinched her arm. She winced from the pain she caused herself. A red mark was definitely going to show up tomorrow. It was definitely a dream as she sighed from relief.

She thought, over time, he would appear less or none at all in her dreams. She thought she was cured because it had worked for a while. She was wrong. It had turned out the latest dream of Jackson was the most potent. Youngji refused to think about why she had such a dream.

It was a moment of weakness. It was almost too easy to slip back to the past. Youngji turned her lights on as she scribbled some words on a piece of paper.

 

--

 

Youngji held onto the piece of paper with a strong grip all throughout the early morning. When the stylist and make-up artist were done, Youngji was amazed. Her dark circles were completely gone. She only wished those unnies could have worked their magic on her nerves. Because of what she dreamt of just last night, she would have trouble facing Jackson. Luckily, Youngji had something in her hands.

Youngji took a deep breath before walking over to Jackson, who was by the snack area. Youngji stuck out the paper to Jackson without saying a word.

“What’s this?” Jackson looked down to see Youngji handed him something.

Jackson didn’t show any expression as he read the paper. All the silence was getting Youngji really nervous. Jackson stopped reading to take a sip of his coffee before continuing. He happened to see a red mark on her arm causing Youngji to redden. Youngji covered her arm with her hand, but Jackson grabbed her arm to examine it closely.

“Why’s there a red mark on your arm?” Jackson murmured.

Youngji was getting shy after seeing how Jackson was really attentive. She knew Jackson was being nice, but her heart couldn’t help it.

“Sign it” Youngji demanded as she handed him a pen.

“Youngji's Rules of Business Conduct

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter