Nineteen

Maybe You're More Than A Friend
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“Jackson’s out.” Jr recomposed his expression and whispered, before closing the door.

Youngji stuck out her hand to prevent the door shutting. She really needed to see Jackson tonight.

“Do you know where I can find him?” Youngji asked politely, but her voice was starting to sound frantic.

“He’s...” Jr’s voice became inaudible, drifting off quietly.

“What? Can you speak up? I don’t understand,” Youngji said.

“I said, he’s….” Jr repeated.

Youngji let go of her hand allowing the door to fully close. She wanted to share new information that she just heard. She was worried that just being together with Jackson won’t be the same anymore. She was afraid that with their agencies’ power, her feelings for him would be just a way for them to control the public and her. She knew that the new plan was going to change everything.

Youngji hadn’t moved a step away and she could hear talking inside the door. One voice was the Jr and the other was JB. She hadn’t talked to him since the phone call and she hadn’t seen him on any shows or public appearances. She didn’t know how he was doing. Jackson didn’t share that information. It was probably her own good.

“I know it’s Youngji out there. Why did you send her away?” Youngji could hear JB’s voice.

The door suddenly opened and JB saw Youngji standing there with her head down and her hair covering her face. JB was about to reach out for her hand, but retracted his hand.

“Youngji, before you go I have something to give you.” JB said softly, “Jackson, I know where he is.”

Youngji looked at JB, who had dark circles under his eyes and grew immediately worried. She didn’t know she had hurt him that badly. She knew and reminded herself that one-sided love would hurt no matter what. When JB returned, Youngji noticed that he had her scarf and mittens in his hand.

“You gave it to me to use when I was cold remember.” JB smiled a bit. There was a hint of sadness that Youngji caught on.

JB was going to wrap the scarf around Youngji’s neck, but he didn’t know whether it was going to be okay. Youngji’s voice had interrupted his thoughts. He hand over her items.

“You have panda eyes” Youngji pointed out while staring at his appearance.

“Well, yeah. I’ve been practicing a lot for GOT7 so I haven’t been able to have a good night’s sleep.” JB answered, “Jackson should be on his way back right now. You could catch him on the way.”

“Okay” Youngji smiled.

The atmosphere was slightly weird and it made Youngji feel uncomfortable. She didn’t know how to respond.

“Fighting” JB smiled, his eyes almost disappeared and he drew a fist. Youngji waved goodbye.

Maybe it’s going to be alright. Youngji smiled thinking about their friendship.

 

--

 

While he walked around the moonlighted streets, he drifted back to the evening when he had something to tell s. That conversation had made him less certain. Even though he was wild and y Wang Jackson, in reality he was everything but that. He began to doub

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter