Fourteen

Maybe You're More Than A Friend
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Jackson was watching a variety show in the living room when JB suddenly entered the dorm. JB was home later than usual.

“Hey JB” Jackson asked, “Why are you late?”

“I had a date with Youngji.” JB walked, looking smug, “Well, technically not a date. It ended short.”

“So that’s where she really went afterwards.” Jackson frowned.

JB didn’t hear Jackson and rattled off. 

“Youngji was really adorable and considerate. She ran all the way, but she got a stomachache. I didn’t have a chance to confess.” JB said.

“Really?” Jackson felt a bit relieved that JB didn’t confess.

“I called for a taxi to send her home.” JB took off his mittens and coat, but left on the scarf.

“So she’s okay.” Jackson thought about her well-being.

“Yeah. With some rest, I think she will be fine” JB smiled as he touched the scarf.

Jackson frowned as he watched JB enter the kitchen. He seen that scarf somewhere before. It wasn’t JB’s scarf for sure. It was Youngji’s scarf. She was wearing it earlier today along with those mittens.

“Youngji, Why did you give him a scarf and mittens?” Jackson whispered.

 

--

 

Mark wasn’t home yet. Jackson lay in his bed with his arms under his head preoccupied with thoughts about Heo Youngji. He was still awake thinking about where Youngji really went.

“ ‘It’s my mom. She wants me to help close the café. Sorry Jackson.’ I believed that lie.” Jackson laughed, trying to remember what she said exactly.

Youngji made him officially insane. Youngji went on a date with JB after meeting him. Jackson didn’t know Youngji was capable of that. Since she was able to lie to his face, Youngji was definitely a great actress. Although he felt a bit suspicious earlier, he disregarded it because Youngji was the innocent girl. She wouldn’t lie to him he thought. He was mistaken.

Jackson sighed. He didn’t know what to think of Youngji and JB. He definitely knew he didn’t want to think about Youngji’s feelings for JB. Could she like guys with one eyelid? Was she attracted to JB? Jackson didn’t want to admit he was right that Youngji meeting JB was a sign that Youngji did feel something for his leader. While Youngji meeting with JB was short, it was still a date. It looked like it went pretty well from the happy look on JB’s face.

Jackson turned to the side, trying to sleep. Jackson pictured in his mind that Youngji was following him around like a puppy and trying to get his attention. 

Jackson liked it when Youngji knew and admired him only. Jackson being jealous was an overstatement. He wasn’t jealous, but furious. Youngji was getting warm and cozy with JB who was also part of GOT7. For all Jackson knew, Youngji could be close with all of GOT7 members. Was Youngji just playing with Jackson’s feelings? To think, Jackson felt happy when Youngji said he was amazing. Was it only to see how he reacted? She definitely deceived him. What a fool he was!

Jackson couldn’t let Youngji take another night of sleep away from him. Jackson the lights and sat up. He grabbed the phone, searching for Youngji’s name.

 

To: Youngji

Where do you live?”

 

Send.

 

Several minutes later, Youngji texted him her home address with no second thoughts. She did not expect him to show up at her door half an hour later.

 

--

 

“Jackson, what are you doing here?” Youngji was kind of surprised to see Jackson at her front door.

“Pabo” Jackson muttered.

Jackson didn’t utter another word as he moved forward, invading Youngji’s personal space.

“Jackson.”

Youngji backed up bit by bit until her feet hit the corner of the sofa. Ja

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter