Five

Maybe You're More Than A Friend
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Even though she was just a few feet from Jackson, Youngji felt like she was miles away. All the attention shifted from her to Gayeon. It’s not like she hated Gayeon. Gayeon was a nice girl, but at this particular moment she wanted to grab Jackson and pull him away.

She couldn’t do that. Youngji shook her head as she felt more sullen than ever.

He probably won’t even notice. Youngji thought as she walked away without a word.

What Youngji didn’t know was someone saw everything from across the room.

 

--

 

Youngji decided to join her unnies who were deep in their conversation. Youngji couldn’t help, but listen in to the chat. She was a tad bit curious.

“When a guy is curious about your love life, it could only mean one thing. He likes you. He wants to make sure that you like him too.” Gookju advised.

The others nodded their head.

“Nana, but you have to let go of that guy in your past first”, Sunny added.

“But, it’s so hard. He keeps appearing in my life as if our paths were meant to cross.” Nana grumbled while she touched her disheveled hair.

Youngji nodded, knowing the feeling.

“You’ve got to tell yourself many times that there’s someone out there for you. Nana, I know it’s going to hard. Do you think love is so easy? Everyone gets heartbroken at least once,” Gookju said. Her face turned solemn causing Youngji to worry about her unnie.

Had someone hurt Gookju unnie? Youngji thought as she wiped a tear that escaped from her eyes. 

“It might be easy for you. There’s a long line of guys that would want to date you if you just say the word”, Gookju made a joke, “Sunny too.”

“Unnie, what are you saying?” Nana gave her a ridiculous look.

Youngji laughed silently. Gookju unnie has always made her feel happier.

“And now there’s a line for Youngji too” Gookju added.

“There’s no need for that line. Youngji already gets to play couple with Jackson as honorary ambassadors” Sunny said.

“Lucky! I want to be coupled with someone too. Maybe WGM will cast me,” Gookju teased.

 

Youngji had forgotten about Jackson for a moment until Sunny brought up his name. How could he be affectionate with any girl? She didn’t want to join in the festivities anymore so she decided to go where it was quieter.

 

--

 

Youngji was memerized by the bright moon that she started to notice a figure was standing next to her. She thought she was going to be alone. 

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter