Eighteen

Maybe You're More Than A Friend
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Jackson was squirming in his bed, sweating profusely on his forehead. He reached his hands out grabbing Mark’s body and squeezed it tight, awakening the latter. Jackson kept shouting, “Don’t come near us. Stop, stop it.”

“Jackson” Mark said.

Mark tried to remove Jackson’s hands from his waist, but it was no use. Mark pushed Jackson off the bed, causing the latter to fall off taking the blanket with him. As Mark the lights, Jackson woke up and wiped the sweat dripping off of his face.

“I just had a nightmare.” Jackson was exhausted and sat up, crossing his legs on the floor, “It started off well. Youngji and I were ‘flirting’ outside the roommate house. I kissed her and the flashes started to go off. There were literally tons of reporters and fans there. And then I woke up.”

“Jackson, it’s just a dream.” Mark sighed as he looked at the clock. It was 2am.

“No. It’s not just that, hyung. I kissed her twice during our time off filming the CF. I think I’m having regrets. I shouldn’t have done that. It was wrong of me.”

Jackson kept looking at his ring and twisting it. Mark hated to see Jackson so tired emotionally. Mark tried his best to help his younger friend.

“What are you saying? What’s wrong about that?”

“Don’t you think there’s a connection? Lately, I can’t sleep, eat, or think. And when I do get some sleep, I have nightmares. I think it’s my fault. I should think carefully.”

“What are you going to tell Youngji? Sorry? Why are you so complicated? You’re not being fair to her. Seriously, tell me what started those nightmares.” Mark felt agitated when speaking to Jackson.

“Youngji…I don’t know if I should say this. She’s been threatened a few times already. She doesn’t know the last threat because I erased it from her phone. The person sends a weird message and attached is a photo of us almost kissing in the hospital. No one should know about that except me and now you. I didn’t kiss her then.” Jackson hesitated, staring at the bed instead of Mark.

“We’ll find that person. It’ll be okay.”

“It’s not. What if the media finds out? There are dating restrictions set by JYP hyung so that I won’t act reckless. I should honor that.”

“I’ve known you for a few years already and I thought you would have a different mindset. You’re like my brother even though you never lived in California. I assumed that you didn’t care about the crazy k-pop dating bans and that you would ask a girl you like because you’re Jackson. I guess I was wrong.” Mark stood up and grabbed his pillow and blanket.

“Wait.” Jackson looked at Mark’s eyes.

“I’m not going to be here for a while. I can’t believe you’re going to play that game and break Youngji’s heart. You know she likes you. I know she likes you. I can feel it just from watching you guys. Unless you come to your senses, I don’t think we should be sharing the same room.” Mark said as he walked towards the door.

“Mark hyung, are you going to do this? There’s so much to risk. I shouldn’t gamble on Youngji’s, my or GOT7’s future just because I did something reckless.” Jackson raised his voice. He didn’t know that Mark was going to be like that.

“I feel

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter