Twelve

Maybe You're More Than A Friend
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

A figure stood outside Heo Youngji’s room looking through the crack of the door quietly.  No emotion was shown of the interactions between Jackson and Youngji, not even when Jackson moved in closer to Youngji’s face. The individual just took a few photos without flash and smirked.

“Heo Youngji. See you tomorrow, Friend” Placing the camera inside the pocket of the hoodie, she walked away.

 

--

 

When Youngji woke up, Jackson was not next to her. Instead, she saw Hara unnie beaming and sitting in the seat next to her bed.

Hara mentioned the reason she visited her maknae.

“Congrats. You have an ugly anti-fan.” Youngji teared up from her unnie’s words.

“Youngji, don't cry.” Hara rubbed Youngji's back, “Youngji, it means you’re becoming more popular. Don’t cry. I have become stronger because there are far more important things and people in life than letting them control your life. You will too.”

“Now something, I really wanted to say since I've arrived. You guys progressed so fast. When I came here, I saw both of you sleeping next to each other so peacefully. It was the cutest thing ever. I’m so jealous. I wish I had a guy to hold hands with.” Hara demonstrated as her mind drifted off, “Every finger intertwined.”

“What are you talking about?”  Youngji flushed.

The last thing Youngji remembered was heading off to sleep with her hands tucked inside. They weren’t holding hands.

“Don’t lie to me. I saw your hands interlacing with his hands. And your head was on his shoulder.” Hara said with a big smile, “I wish I took a picture at that time.”

“Really?” Youngji said in disbelief because she didn’t remember anything about holding his hands.

It was almost too good to be true. She couldn’t imagine Jackson holding her hand at all. It wasn’t like Jackson. But she also believed Hara unnie was telling her the truth.

“Of course” Hara nodded as she teased, “Are you secretly dating?”

Hara’s comment threw off Youngji.

“No, of course not. We’re not secretly dating. There’s no dating involved.” Youngji was embarrassed thinking about Jackson being her boyfriend.

“Eyyy…That’s how it all starts.” Hara was unconvinced that these two weren’t already dating.

“I don’t think we’ve started anything. Jackson already told the press many times that it’s nothing like that.” Youngji admitted.

“Aigoo” Hara hugged Youngji, “I’m pretty sure Jackson told them to get them off your backs. 99% sure.”

“Everything will get better.” Hara soothed Youngji’s back. 

 

--

 

Jackson paced back and forth in the hallway by the snack machine.

“Maybe Hara noona won’t say anything” Jackson took off his cap and positioned it backwards again.

His cheeks turned pink thinking about the morning fiasco. Jackson was easily embarrassed when he woke up to the sounds of giggling. When he saw Hara noona sitting in the seat and waving hello, he felt shocked as he sat up releasing Youngji’s hand immediately. Youngji’s head landed on the pillow. Youngji was still asleep. He squeaked out a hello while telling Hara noona to not mention this to Youngji before running out the room.

That was what Jackson had hoped for. Every time he thought, he was feeling less confident.

“Girls don’t say everything to each other, do they?” Jackson pondered as he took a seat nearby.

Jackson stuffed his hands in his pants when he felt a piece of paper. He had almost forgotten about it.

Jackson took out the card and began reading.

“From Secret Admirer. Heo Youngji, I have watched you since your debut.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter