Twenty

Maybe You're More Than A Friend
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

The small opal ring shined brightly in the black box. Jackson was kneeling down on one knee on the streets as he waited for her response.

“Jackson, why are you in this position? Get up” Youngji said flustered as she touched his arms after staring at that ring for a while.

“I knew it. I should have been on both knees.” Jackson muttered as he lowered the other knee.

“This is all too sudden.” Youngji looked at the ring once more before she hesitatingly knelt down with Jackson.

Jackson panicked that Youngji was thinking too much about this.

“I’m not asking you to marry me. I’m asking if you want to be my girlfriend. This ring is a promise ring to always stay by my side. I didn’t break my bank to buy this ring.” Jackson said his words a bit too quickly.

“Really? You scared me for a second. I was nervous.” Youngji said, relieved, “I want to see the ring again.”

As Youngji examined the ring quietly, her heart was still beating very quickly. Jackson realized that Youngji never answered his question.

“Youngji” They spoke at the same time.

“Jackson, Yes. I want to be your girlfriend.” Youngji said confidently as she put on the ring.

Youngji was happy that despite the ring wasn’t expensive, it was a gift from Jackson, whom she liked a lot. Everything else seemed to matter very little.

“If you thought I was proposing, what would you say?” Jackson was curious about her answer.

“I would say yes. To the point of eloping.” Youngji laughed, even though she was serious than ever.

Jackson was frazzled with her quick and to the point answer. And Jackson forgot when Youngji gave him a sweet and innocent smile while flashing off her ring. Youngji was always full of surprises as she was the one who initiated the intimate kiss with Jackson just one block from the GOT7 dorm.

 

--

 

At exactly midnight, Ahreum the television. As she flipped through the channels, she saw that Jackson and Youngji were hot topics in South Korea. The photographs were shown and the public were questioning everything.  Chaos was what Ahreum liked. Just before Ahreum switched off the TV with her remote, sudden news caught her attention.

Both agencies, DSP and JYP, both announced that their secret, exciting news was spoiled rather too quickly. They replied that the photograph was pertaining to a new CF for the KTO ambassador. They replied quickly within minutes of the news.

Ahreum shut off the television right before they were discussing the new CF. She didn’t want to hear anymore. It seemed like the agencies were trying hard to make it not a big deal. She wanted to see if internally things were breaking down.

“Just the girl I wanted to see.” Ahreum held her phone to seeing Youngji’s name flash up.

 

--

 

Namsam Tower or N Seoul Tower, South Korea

 

Early in the morning, Youngji waited at the bottom of the steps for someone to arrive. As she watched couples climb up the stairs, she greeted them with enthusiasm. In the distance, she saw Ahreum making her way towards her.

“Ahreum, I know why you’re doing all this.” Youngji grabbed her hands, “It must be hard, having to give up being an idol even though we’ve dreamed of this.”

Ahreum maintained her cold composure as Youngji tried to appeal to her again.

“I was shocked that it was you doing this. To be honest, when JB

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter