Birthday

My cru(sh)...bestfriend

"Please stop this joke, it ain't funny!" He yelled a little.

"I'm not joking!"

"If it isn't a joke the what it is?"

"I'm confessing my feelings and all you can say is that? I'm not joking! I love you! Really love you! Luhan Oppa, I-"

He stood up nervously, not looking at you, he looked down.

"You're like my sister! Stop it! I don't like it at all! I don't love you, not as a woman, I love Joon, you have to understand!"

He ran away, quickly, letting you cry alone on the bench that saturday night.

'Sh*t, I never planned to confess... I knew it would destroy our relationship... It's my fault, my bad for not confessing earlier.. But I can't change my feelings'

You returned to the camping car, hours later, he was in his bed, quiet. You supposed he had fallen asleep. You tiptoed to reach your bed and lied down, hoping you too can fall asleep and forget what happened. Morning coming, you woke up first and prepared a cup of coffee, you put a chair outside and started to drink. Luhan came right after, with a cup of coffee too, you could see that he had swollen eyes.

"Let's get back this morning" he said in a cold tone, you couldn't say if he was angry or not.

In the car, you didn't dare to speak up, afraid of him. He didn't pay attention to you, he was concetrating on the road. You felt bad, 24 hours before the two of you were joking together and right now you were distant. Those hours seemed to be far away from that time. To avoid talking, you did as if you were busy with your phone, listen to music or sleeping.

Coming near your house, you saw a familiar car. Luhan stopped when he saw him.

"Sehun, why are you here?" You asked surprised. He would have been with Joon.

"I was going to see you, you didn't reply my text, and I was missing you... By the way, why are you with Luhan?"

It wasn't the answer you wanted to hear.

You stepped out the car.

"I was going to buy something for Mrs Lu but the shop was closed..." You lied to him.

"Alright." He smiled weakly, he totally knew why you were with Luhan.

"Luhan, Joon is coming back today, why don't you pick her to the airport?"

He nodded smiling and drove away without even saying goodbye, not a look, nothing.

Sehun walked you home, surprised you asked him how could he knew the way.

"Secret"

He also told you that he was in your house and your mom confessed that you went camping with Luhan. You asked him to not tell Joon, though it means to betray her cousin and weirdly he agreed, but under one condition; if he could go to your birthday dinner.

He also confessed that Joon gave him your address, he was too honest and whatever you asked him he would do it.

『Birthday dinner』

Like every year, your mom prepared you a dinner for your birthday. That day Sehun was there, it was his first time, Luhan was invited to -was actually invited by your mom-. The atmosphere was really awkward. Sehun glared to Luhan, Luhan annoyed glared back. As your mom began to notice, you shook Sehun's arm so he would stop.

The dinner was excellent, Luhan and your mom was getting along talking, Sehun and you kept silent. After what happened, you couldn't look at Luhan right in the eye. Sehun got the awkwardness and asked you to go out a little bit. You followed him. You were silent but it made you happy that he actually understood your feelings.

"If you need something, I'll be always there, just ask me... I don't like to see you unhappy, that makes me sad too..."

"It's my fault, I was doing wrong... I should have never asked to go to the camping... I should have never hoped for him to love me... I..."

"Shhhh... Enough"

Sehun hugged you, you cried silently on his schoulders. 

​"You are not in fault, a heart can't be ordened by words, it does things on its own... And it's the same for everyone, like...me"

You looked in his eyes, that wasn't a friendly look, no, it was intense, you could feel it all over your bones. Of course you understood since the beginning all his attentions, but you thought it was just liking or something not really big. However this time was different, you looked in his eyes and what you saw was... 

Someone knocked on the door and get out to the garden, it was Luhan. He joined you and asked Sehun to leave, so that you two would talk alone, he didn't want to but he obeyed.

"I'm sorry for that night, I shouldn't have yelled..." he started softly.

You shook your head. Silence came back again.

"It's your birthday, so I wanted to give you a gift but I didn't know what to get.. So maybe-"

He was cut off. He widened eyes when he saw your face a few inches from his, your eyes closed, he never saw those eyes that near, never. He could sense something strange, warm on his lips, yours were connected to his.

Suddenly you pushed him, like he was in fault. You looked down, embarrassed.

"So- sorry Oppa...so-sorry"

You get locked in your room.

'I made things worse again... Stupid me...'