Waiting

My cru(sh)...bestfriend

'Almost 11p.m... Where's he? What should I do? Did something happened to him? No! No! No! Definitely not! Negative thoughts... Impossible, I'm just imagining bad things... Let's just wait, he'll come in no time...'

You couldn't stay still, you walked while waiting, making your way to the window then to the door to stop in front of the clock, time passed and no Luhan...every second you were looking at the clock, peeking outside to see if his car was there, opening to the door whenever hearing footsteps to find no one.

'I'm becoming crazy... Really...'

You waited for him, heart racing, not knowing what to do, wait inside or go outside? But what if he came home before you, taht would be no use and what if he had accident and you were there to wait for nothing? You tried to relax yourself with music but it get worse.

'How can I think of listening music while my bestfriend is disappearing?'

You sat on the sofa, locking eyes with the clock, praying God that nothing happened to him, praying Him to take you instead of the love of your life. Tears began to fill your eyes whenever you thought of Luhan -and that's all you did, thinking.... of him- you loved him too much to lose him. You fought to not cry, not to become ugly if he came home.

'And this stupid phone... Aish' you were cursing it to be out of battery, you were angry to yourself to not be able do to anything.

As you were looking outside you saw a car arriving in prompt, a young man coming out if it and ran to the building. It was him, definitely. Happy and relieved you waited for him behind the door and when his figure was finally showing you jumped on him, hugging him tight to convince you that it wasn't one of the illusions you had during the night. Surprised he asked you what happened.

"You... Oppa..." Because of your overwhelming joy, you couldn't speak right.

"You'll tell me later, right now I have to drive you home, it's really late, your mom will kill us!"

That's right, because of all happened this night you totally forgot your mom, she must be worried, your phone was dead and you're completely sure she would have dialed you and didn't reach you. While driving Luhan asked you if you had his text. 'A text? Which text?'

"Ah Oppa, my phone was out of battery... I didn't received it, I'm sorry..." you apologized

"Ah..."

Silence, awkward silence. You hadn't an interesting topic to speak about, nor him. In fact you had one: Joon, but you couldn't let him discover how your heart really felt towards him and towards Joon.

He saw you not at ease, so he started to speak up.

"When I get to Joon's house, her mom asked me to stay for dinner, I refused but she was insisting... She was the elder you know, I couldn't refuse while she insisted so I called you but you didn't answer, instead I sent a text to inform you.." he said feeling guilty a little.

'So that was what happened... Stupid me... I'm so pitiful'

You turned your head, trying to control the anger you felt in your heart, hiding your tears and making him think that you were amazed by the beauty of the city and the lights this late of night.

You felt pathetic dying of worry for not too much while he was having a great dinner with his in-laws, but strangely what annoyed you much was he spent time with Joon, a time that you could have if he was there for dinner, with you, on the table you set nicely and eating the food you prepared with love, sadly he was in an other place and you were far from him, left alone.

"Oppa, were you on a trip with Joon?"

Out of nowhere this question popped in your mind. You had to reassure yourself that he didn't miss your arrival because of her, that she didn't become the most important person to him.

"Mmmh? Ah yes... She called me one afternoon that she took three days off so I took her to the beach..." 

You felt pain in your heart, he indeed really cared about her at a point of not welcoming you at the airport,after his promises, after many years missing each other. You didn't want to bring this fact but it was like your lips were moving on their own and you said it.

"You didn't went to the airport..." You stated like a whisper, but Luhan clearly heard it.

He stopped the car  in the middle of the road -thank God! no one went out at this hour instead of the two of you- he seemed to be thinking a little after cursing himself loud enough for you to be startled.

"You're right, it's my fault, you deserve to be angry... I was too happy when Joon finally accepted me that I completely forgot... I just thought of a way to spend time with her, I didn't care of nothing else and took her on a trip" he sighed heavily and became to look sad, approached you and patted your head. " I messed up, I failed as a friend and as a big brother to you... But you have to know that you're really important to me and I love you so much, I beg your pardon"

You hated yourself and you hated him. How could he do that? He was sincere, too sincere while begging for your pardon... Those eyes, how could you say no to them? And how did he manage  to make you feel guilty and always get what he wants? How did this person to be like that? Is that even allowed?

'I can't forgive him this easily but those eyes...'