Tears

My cru(sh)...bestfriend

"Ready?"

You nodded energetically.

"Then, let's go!"

It was finally the day, the week end before your birthday, you were going to the camping with Luhan. You've waited for this so everything was perfect: make up, outfit, hair, everything. You specially became his "ideal girl" to catch his attention and this little trip was a chance to make him realize how important he was for you. Getting on the camping you were surprised to see that instead of tents, Luhan rented a camping car with two beds, spacious, luxurious, with everything you needed. You were speechless.

"You like it? Your bithday gift"

Seeing that you were amazed and couldn't answer him he giggled, happy to himself, proud that what he prepared pleased you. You put your stuff in the camping car and decided to went out to buy dinner since it was almost dark.

For dinner you went to shopping to buy ingredients for your kimchi, the one that Luhan liked and the only thing you could do, not the only thing but boiled water doesn't count.

"After dinner, let's go to a walk? The sky is full of stars tonight" you suggested.

He accepted gladly. During dinner you were joking, talking, laughing, it was crazy awesome to be with him without being interrupted by works, calls, his mom, Joon. That night you felt powerful, it was your night with him, and it only started, there was also the day after, it was only yours, it was your gift, and what a pleasant gift!

It was near midnight, you were walking along the river, though you didn't have skinship or something it was really romantic. He was near you, you could feel his presence beside you in the dark, and there was no Joon around. He led you to sit on a bench, the air started to get cold. You could sense warm all over your shoulders and back, Luhan shared his jacket with you while giving you a warm hug.

"It has been a long time since we were hugging like this... Honestly I missed it..." You smiled a little.

"You were abroad for too long... I missed you too"

You prayed for this moment to freeze in time so never you'll wake up to the reality. Him, you hugging under the starry sky, on that bench, his jacket on your shoulders you could sense his perfume, a man's perfume, it was strong but it made you feel better, you wanted to hug him more so that your clothes would have this perfume.

You stayed silent for a long long time, you didn't count but it would have been for hours, you almost fell asleep in his arms.

"Oppa... Do you know why I wanted to get here?"

" I've been curious..."

"Do you remember? In middle school... we came here after I broke up with my boyfriend.."

"Ah...Yes.. That jerk, I remember him clearly"

"That time you promised taht you won't have a girlfriend if I don't have a boyfriend..."

He seemed to think slightly.

"Ah! That! I almost forgot! That's right! Waaaah, luckily you're not single anymore or else I would have been a bad friend...again" he said, whispering the last word and rushing his hand in his hair.

"I'm single.." 

"And Sehun?" he seemed surprised.

"He's just a friend..."

"I know you better than anyone, you don't love Sehun -not yet- but you like him right? And I'm telling you, you have to confess before he's gone with someone else"

"Before he's gone huh?" That's right, you should have done it.

'Maybe I waited for too long.. That's why Luhan isn't mine...'

"That's why I don't want to wait no more..." His voice sounded serious, you wanted to know what was he talking about. "I'll propose to Joon" his face lightened up.

The sky just fell over, it was dark, the stars went missing... You knew he loved her but not that much.. 'Was that a joke? Was he serious? This soon? He just went out with her for only five months, he didn't know how is she in reality, he'll definitely regret this later'. You weren't sure if you were thinking like that because you wanted to keep him or if you were worried, it seemed to be the first one... You felt shameful, you just thought of yourself, on how much you wouldn't support losing him as a lover and weren't concerning about your bestfriend's feeling, ultimately you were an egoist.

'Propose? No way! I... I'm...'

"Be by my side when I'm going to say yes to the love of my life?"

It wasn't a joke.

You held your tears, as much as you could, you tried to pinched your skin, making sure it wasn't just a nightmare.

"Oppa, I don't think I would be there..." You faked smile him.

"Why not?"

Your answer surprised him, you're his best friend so naturally he wanted you to come to his wedding.

"Oppa, grant me my wish okay? Don't ..." you paused and organized your mind to carry on "Don't...m...marry Joon..."

"What are you saying?" His tone joking a little bit, unsure.

"Luhan Oppa, I love you... Since that night in this camping, since middle school... It just happened like that... But I waited for too long... I'm sure I can be the best girlfriend in the world... So please, don't marry Joon"

A tear rolled on your cheek as you couldn't hold it anymore.

【TBC】