Number 8

Actual Boyfriends

Jungkook wants to die. A stranger decides he shouldn't.

Warning for depression and suicidal thoughts. BUT THIS ISNT ANGST, DONT WORRY!! 


Jungkook met Taehyung the day he planned to die.

 

The railway station was completely deserted - not a surprise considering no trains stopped there on a Wednesday morning - and the sky was a greyish-white colour. Jungkook lay on the concrete, staring up at the bland expanse, arms spread wide.

 

Fifteen minutes till the next train passes through, Jungkook reminded himself, checking his phone every two minutes. He didn’t want to accidentally miss the only train that would be going fast enough to kill him. Then he would have to wait another week. He couldn’t wait another week.

 

His bag was propped up against the brick wall behind him, a explanation hidden between two textbooks. He knew it wouldn’t be enough, would never be enough for his parents, but he couldn’t care less anymore. He could just add it to the long list of things that he did that weren’t good enough.

 

His friends might cry, but he would never know. He hoped they would. Jungkook was never that involved with them anyway, always rejecting their invitations. It was unlikely they wanted him there anyway, probably inviting him out of pity.

 

He wouldn’t blame them all for secretly hating him. He hated himself too.

 

“Giving up?” a deep baritone brought Jungkook out of his thoughts. He sprung up into a sitting position quickly and found himself staring at another teenage boy. He was wearing a school uniform, but it definitely wasn’t Jungkook’s school, and his bright orange hair was poking out from under a beanie. He had a wide eyed expression of curiosity painted across his face and his head tilted slightly to the side.

 

He was beautiful.

“I don’t know.” Jungkook’s voice cracked. “Maybe.”

The stranger smiled, a soft and gentle smile, before sitting next to Jungkook, their arms brushing against each other.

 

“Why?”

 

Jungkook sniffled quietly, hesitating with his answer. “I’m… nothing. I have no significance in anyone’s lives, I accomplish nothing and I’m completely miserable.”

 

The boy s his hand around Jungkook, rubbing soothingly at his arm. “I’m sure you’re worth a lot more than you think.”

Jungkook shook his head, looking down at his phone. Two minutes.

“How about you give yourself a chance?” the boy grinned suddenly, like he had an idea. “Prove to yourself you can be someone in another’s life!”

“Yeah, sure, great plan,” Jungkook laughed sarcastically. “Who would want to have me in their lives?”

The boy pouted. “I do! It was a hint. You should become my friend.”

“There’s no need to do that,” Jungkook said, surprised. “I don’t need more people pitying me.”

This time, the other boy sighed in exasperation.

“Let me rephrase that - I want to be your friend. I’m Taehyung.”

Jungkook blinked in shock at him. Did he actually want to?

“I’m… I’m Jungkook.”

Taehyung grinned widely. “It’s nice to meet you, Jungkook.”


ok so technically they arent Actual Boyfriends here, but they will be so it totally counts 

i wrote this one ages ago and wasnt gonna post it but whatever, im in a good mood bc saw mockingjay ((SO GOOD, I CRIED. they literally got all the boring parts in the book and made it exciting, im so happy))