Number 7

Actual Boyfriends

In which Taehyung accidentally spills something about Jungkook he wasn't supposed to.

for blackcatty as an apology for the last chapter omg im sorry --- also lemme tell ya, trying to write typical teenage boys is difficult without ending up using full scottish slang considering that's how im used to teenagers in general speaking


“Kim Taehyung!”

 

Half the cafeteria turned to look at the table of boys at the screech of indignation. Jimin and Hoseok were stifling their laughter while Seokjin was giving Taehyung a disapproving glare.

 

“You piece of ,” Jungkook groaned as he buried his head in his hands. “Hyung, I told you specifically not to tell anyone that.”

 

Taehyung blinked innocently, cocking his head to the side. “When did you tell me that?”

 

“Literally right after you discovered it!” Jungkook exclaimed. “I literally said ‘hyung, don’t tell anyone about this’!”

 

“Oh,” Taehyung said, still sounding confused. “Was I not listening?”

 

Jungkook moaned aloud, trying to become one with the table. Taehyung rubbed his back awkwardly in an attempt to console the younger boy only to have his hand shrugged off. He pouted and started shaking Jungkook’s shoulder gently.

 

“I’m sorry, Jungkookie! I didn’t realise!”

 

Taehyung’s constant whining and apologising started to get on Jungkook’s nerves quickly so he sat back up and tried to smile at Taehyung (although it came out as more of a grimace).

 

“Don’t cry about it,” Yoongi rolled his eyes, although Jungkook knew he was just playing around.

 

“You could cry to your precious cuddly toy,” Jimin teased, a -eating grin spreading across his face. Cue Namjoon snorting on his chocolate milk.

 

“Park Jimin, I will break your ing neck.”

 

Hyung! I’m your hyung!”

 

Taehyung was still clinging onto Jungkook’s arm, looking thoroughly distraught. “Jungkookie, please, I didn’t mean to tell them about Tedbert, are you mad? Please don’t be mad Jungkook, I’m sorry-”

 

Tedbert?” Jimin squawked, catching hold of Hoseok who nearly fell face first into the floor with laughter. “You gave your cuddly toy the name Tedbert?”

 

Jungkook didn’t say another word, pushing himself out of his seat. He made sure to grab his carton of orange juice before glaring at Taehyung and leaving the cafeteria.

 

Taehyung was hot on his heels in seconds, grabbing at Jungkook’s bag, effectively stopping the boy in his tracks.

 

“Kookie, please, I’m really, really sorry,” Taehyung mumbled, looking down at his feet. He looked almost like a kitten, expression guilty and eyes sad.

Jungkook sighed softly and linked their finger together. Taehyung’s head snapped up so quickly that Jungkook was amazed his head was still attached to his neck, a wide smile on his face. He pressed himself closer to Jungkook immediately.

“You forgive me?” Taehyung’s voice was hopeful and Jungkook couldn’t help but smile back at his boyfriend.

“You’re such a loser,” Jungkook said, the fondness in his tone removing all maliciousness from the words. “You’re forgiven.”

Taehyung opened his mouth to speak but Jungkook cut him off instantly.

But, only if you make a good enough cuddling substitute for Tedbert.”

The smile he received could put the sun to shame. “You can count on me!”


BECAUSE JEON JUNGKOOK IS A GIANT NERD WHO PROBABLY STILL HAS A CUDDLY TOY.

((i do))