Number 9

Actual Boyfriends

In which Jungkook loses his sight and Taehyung is his anchor.

im getting worse and worse at these descriptions i stg


Jungkook went back to school exactly six months after he lost his sight.

 

Terror coursed through his veins the first time he had to navigate a crowded corridor, his hand clasped so tightly around Taehyung’s that he feared he might crush it.

He could hear it, could hear the yells and chatter of a good fifty students all walking to their respective classes but everything was black. He couldn’t see where the people were, whether they were going to crash into him, whether they were going to knock him to the ground. Would he be able to get up quick enough to avoid being trampled on? Would they all laugh at him?

“Taehyung,” he whimpered, pressing himself as close to the older boy as possible, his steps tentative.

“I’m right here, Kookie,” Taehyung whispered to him. “I won’t let you go.”

Jungkook’s breath stuttered and he tried to keep himself focused on the sound of Taehyung’s voice. “I’m scared.”

“I know. I’ll stay with you.”

Taehyung led Jungkook to his classroom slowly, the corridors emptying slowly as people reached their classrooms, leaving the two boys as the last ones to reach their destination.

“I’ll stay with you during the first ten minutes then I’ll go to my own class, is that cool?” Taehyung flashed a smile at Jungkook despite the fact the boy would never see it and Jungkook squeezed his hand gratefully.

Mrs Lee looked up in surprise to see Taehyung, from her higher maths class, lead Jungkook in. She knew about Jungkook’s return - practically the whole school did - but she would have expected a professional assistant to be helping him rather than another student.

“Jungkook-ssi! And… Taehyung-ssi?” her tone was question and Taehyung grinned at her in return. Jungkook’s face remained blank, but Mrs Lee could see him tremble slightly. She could remember the firecracker that Jungkook used to be; a little awkward around new people, but loud and excitable around people he knew. She couldn’t see much of that boy now.

“Jungkook-ssi, I have a desk for you here at the front.” She pointed out the double desk that was near her station, watching as Taehyung walked beside Jungkook towards it, gently tugging him away from tripping over a bag that was too far out from a girl’s desk.

The whole class was silent as they observed Taehyung flop down into the seat next to Jungkook. Mrs Lee stared incredulously, debating whether or not it would be a good idea to question Taehyung.

“Taehyung-ssi,” she started, hesitating. “Don’t you have your own classes to go to?”

Taehyung blinked, almost as if he didn’t understand. “Of course I do.”

“Then why aren’t you attending them?” she asked, confused.

“I’ll only be here for ten minutes, don’t worry!” he assured her, his usual box-like smile spreading across his face. Mrs Lee sighed but decided to drop the subject, turning around to teach the rest of the class.

Seeing Taehyung interlock his fingers with Jungkook’s, a shy smile settling over the latter’s face, she decided she made the right choice.


things you should do: listen to the vamps bc im loving them a lot at the moment 

people who avoid boy bands on principle are missing out on so much i swear

ALSO ISNT I LOVE YOU MORE THAN YOU THINK BY RIZZLE KICKS SUCH A TAEKOOK SONG