Number 14

Actual Boyfriends

In which Kim Taehyung is doing weird again.

happy new year!!


It wasn’t uncommon to see Kim Taehyung doing weird around the Bangtan dorms - in fact, something would probably be considered seriously wrong if it wasn’t seen - but he was never usually secretive about his weird .

“What’cha writing there, Tae?” Jimin asked, trying to peer over at whatever Taehyung was scribbling down in his notebook. Actually, Jimin was sure it was Yoongi’s notebook, one that a fan gave him, but decided against mentioning it.

Taehyung ignored Jimin’s question, angling the notebook away from Jimin’s prying eyes. The shorter boy frowned, moving himself so he could catch a glimpse but Taehyung hid the content once again.

Jimin snapped his fingers at Hoseok, who was sitting on his bunk listening to music, gesturing for him to get the over here.

Hoseok leapt to his feet instantly, curious as to what was so interesting about Taehyung’s writings. “What’s he writing?”

“I don’t know!” Jimin complained, glaring at Taehyung. “Will you show Hoseok hyung, Tae?”

Taehyung glanced up at the two expectant boys with his blank gaze. He shook his head once before going back to the notebook. Hoseok’s expression morphed into one of confusion before calling for Namjoon.

Namjoon entered the room, closely followed by Seokjin. He took one look at the two standing up and at the one on the bed before sighing.

“What are you up to now, Taehyung?” His tone was exasperated, and Taehyung just grinned widely at him. The secretiveness of the second youngest make Namjoon slightly nervous and he looked over to Seokjin for support.

“Tae?” Seokjin tried next, just to be ignored again. “Do I not even get a response?”

Taehyung flicked his head up to face Seokjin, a cheeky expression on his face. Seokjin groaned, giving up quickly. There was no way he was going to get anything out of the troublemaker.

“Where are Yoongi and Jungkook?” he asked Namjoon, hoping that one of those two would manage. Jungkook would be the best candidate for this task, naturally, but Yoongi deserved his chance.

“Here,” Yoongi announced, peeking through the doorway. “What’s all the commotion for? I had a really good melody in my head-”

Yoongi noticed everyone huddled around Taehyung quickly, cocking his head. “The is he doing now? Is that my notebook?”

Taehyung reacted slightly to that, suddenly holding the book close to his chest protectively. “It’s mine now.”

“You got him to speak!” Jimin cried, bending so he was face to face with Taehyung. “What are you doing, huh?”

“I’ve not gone mute,” Taehyung deadpanned, giving Jimin an ‘are-you-stupid’ glare. “My plans are secret.”

“Plans?” Yoongi asked, suspicious. “Actually- wait. I don’t care enough to get into this. I’ll get Jungkook.”

Taehyung perked up instantly at the mention of the maknae, staring hopefully at the door. Moments later, a sleepy looking Jungkook came through, his hair sticking up in random tufts.

“Jungkookie!” Taehyung called, beckoning the youngest over with his hand. “Come here!”

Jungkook didn’t even question as he wandered over, sitting straight on top of Taehyung’s lap, stretching his legs over the side of the bed and resting his head on Taehyung’s shoulder. He looked ready to fall back asleep.

Taehyung seemed like he couldn’t care less about the uncomfortable feeling of Jungkook on top of his crossed legs and simply started to whisper into Jungkook’s ear. The younger nodded his head absentmindedly, a small smile occasionally crossing his face at something Taehyung said.

Jimin and Hoseok were trying to lean in to hear what Taehyung was telling Jungkook, receiving numerous death looks from the boy. Seokjin and Namjoon could only watch, incredulous as to how Jungkook could get the older boy so wrapped around his finger.

***

“Jungkook!” Hoseok exclaimed when he noticed the freshly showered boy stepping from the bathroom. Jimin appeared by his side in seconds, pulling Jungkook into a secluded corner of the dorm.

“Hyungs.. what..” Jungkook questioned, confused.

“What was Taehyung writing down earlier?” Hoseok prompted, poking Jungkook in the arm. “Tell us!”

“Well, first,” Jungkook hissed, rubbing his arm in pain, “ow! Don’t jab at me!”

“Sorry, sorry,” Hoseok hurriedly apologised, “but, what was he writing?”

Jungkook rolled his eyes at his too over-eager hyungs. “It was just his plans to take over the world, all of which totally . The usual.”

“Wait. What?”

“He wants me and him to enslave you five,” Jungkook chuckled fondly, patting the two boy’s shoulders. “Sorry ‘bout that.”


another plot idea i wrote with tryingmydarndest!! i like to imagine this is exactly what taehyung does on their days off bc i love weird af taehyung. i also love super hot and seductive taehyung. and quiet and tired taehyung. oh my god. i love taehyung. .