Number 12

Actual Boyfriends

Jungkook is a famous singer and Taehyung is crazy (for him).

school pressure is obviously getting to me, i went from 'yes cute high school boyfriends' to 'but what if SHIZOPHRENIC AND BAND MEMBER' literally what the

trigger warning for mental illness and delusions i guess?? nothing graphic or anything, just in case you don't like that sorta stuff


The sound of Jungkook’s ringtone blaring throughout the small basement cut through the conversation, everyone’s heads turning to the source of the noise.

 

Jungkook went bright red knowing the interruption to their band meeting was his fault and he leapt out of his seat to retrieve the small device. He could hear his band mates groaning in the background, their protests ignored by Jungkook.

Jungkook took one look at the caller ID and looked apologetically to his friends. “I really have to take this.”

“You said that last time this happened too!” Jimin pouted, plucking at his bass strings absentmindedly. “How do we even get anything done?”

Jungkook rolled his eyes at Jimin and left the room quickly. He answered the phone, bringing it to his ear. “Hello?”

Jeon Jungkook?”

Yeah, it’s me.”

There’s a visitors opening available next week, if you want to come visit Taehyung before you go on tour.

Jungkook grinned despite the ache in his heart. “Aw, Doc, you pay attention to my tour schedules?” He could practically hear Doctor Lee roll her eyes.

Anything related to Taehyung’s wellbeing and happiness is my business,” she replied snappily, although Jungkook knew there was no malice behind her tone. The two were quite fond of each other due to their common factor - Taehyung.

“You know I’ll be there,” Jungkook said. “Is it the same allotted time?”

It is. I’ll see you soon, Jungkook.”

“Take care of Taehyung.”

As always.”

***

“Jungkook!”

 

Taehyung’s delighted voice sounded right next to Jungkook’s ear as he threw himself onto the younger boy. He wrapped his arms tightly around Jungkook’s chest, burying his head into Jungkook’s neck.

Jungkook breathed out a laugh, pulling Taehyung in closer, his hair gently. “I’ve missed you, hyung.”

Taehyung broke away, kissing Jungkook’s cheek. “I missed you too, so much! You have no idea how boring it is around here. The most exciting thing that happened in the past two weeks is Hakyeon hyung seeing another message in his cereal!”

Jungkook smiled at Taehyung, ignoring the chairs and pulling them both to the floor in the corner of the room. The visitors room wasn’t the most romantic place to reunite for the first time in weeks, with only a few chairs and a table but Jungkook didn’t mind. Anywhere was okay if he had Taehyung.

“What else happened?” Jungkook prompted. He liked listening to Taehyung’s stories a lot.

Taehyung snuggled into Jungkook’s side and tapped his chin in thought. “Moonbyul noona threatened Sanghyuk so I yelled at her. She kept pretending to touch his arm and everyone  knows he can’t bear to be touched. They nearly took away one of my privileges because my yelling scared Hongbin hyung.”

Jungkook watched as Taehyung’s face contorted into a frown at the memory and he pressed a kiss to Taehyung’s temple. “It’s good you stood up for him though.”

“Not if they threaten to take away my privileges! They almost took away my weekly phone call,” Taehyung sighed, blowing his fringe out of his eyes. “I wouldn’t have been able to call my parents, which means I’d have to wait two weeks before I could call you!”

Jungkook nearly laughed, until Taehyung started talking again and his heart dropped instead.

“They’re coming for me again next week, they said so. I needed to be allowed to call you first.”

Jungkook felt his eyes sting as he hugged Taehyung a little closer. “They’re not coming for you Taehyung.”

“They are. They told me last time they’ll be back for me in exactly three weeks.”

“They aren’t real, Tae.”

“They are.”

The two boys lapsed into silence as Jungkook let his tears begin to fall. Taehyung wiped them away without a word, caressing Jungkook’s face softly.

“I won’t let them get me though. Don’t worry, Jungkookie,” Taehyung smiled in reassurance, like his words would make Jungkook feel better. “The world will end if they get me and I can’t let any world with you in it end.”

Suddenly, Jungkook couldn’t control his crying, clinging to Taehyung desperately. “Hyung, please, please, they’re not-”

He cut himself off, knowing whatever he said would have no effect. His words hadn’t been having any effect for years. Instead, he let himself sob into Taehyung’s shoulder, feeling a hand card through his hair in comfort.

I’m not crazy,” Taehyung mumbled, more to himself than to Jungkook. He sounded scared, fragile, like if he would break if Jungkook were to disagree.

“You’re not,” Jungkook whispered, breathing hitching every few seconds from his sobs. “You’re- you’re just sick, Tae.”

“Sick,” Taehyung repeated, his forehead pressed up against Jungkook’s. “But not crazy. I’m not crazy.”

“I love you so ing much, Taehyung,” Jungkook sniffled. “So ing much.”

Taehyung smiled, kissing Jungkook sweetly. “I know. I love you too.”

 

“You’ll let Doctor Lee help you, right?” Jungkook asked, gripping Taehyung’s wrist as the elder reached up to cup his face. “You won’t leave me, right?”

“I’ll be here for as long as you want me.”

Taehyung’s box smile spread across his face and he moved to kiss Jungkook again. Jungkook repocricated the kiss quickly, leaning in for the touch he so desperately craved, clutching at Taehyung’s tshirt.

“I’ll want you for a long, long time to come,” Jungkook panted as they broke apart. “Forever.”

“Then, forever is how long I’ll be here.”


inspired by the fic 'a splitting of the mind'. i do not recommend it if you treasure your happiness. i haven't read it since 2012 ((ah the mcr fandom days)) but i reread it again yesterday and a bit of today and FUC FUKCK NAH BYE CYA IM GONE