Number 18

Actual Boyfriends

"It’s like, if a dog is trying to please the master. It breaks something, you scold it, and it goes to the corner. But as soon as you call it, it comes right back. It forgets everything. There’s this unconditional love. I thought Edward would be like that." // Johnny Depp


It had been a while since they fought, an argument flaring up between then at the stupidest thing. Jungkook would admit, he knew he was mostly to blame for overreacting, but Taehyung was the one thought pushing Jungkook off his chair in front of the camera would be funny.

 

Taehyung had a tendency to sometimes take things too far, Jungkook knew that. He knew that the older boy could get so caught up in the moment, in whatever game they were playing. It couldn’t stop him from being angry at Taehyung for embarrassing him.

 

“Just off for once!” Jungkook spat at the elder, shoving him back slightly. “You’re so annoying!”

 

It had been a long time since Jungkook had seen Taehyung so hurt by something he had said and he felt bad in an instant. Taehyung’s shoulders sagged and his face fell, the beginnings of tears welling up in his eyes. Jungkook almost apologised but his pride got the better of him as usual.

 

Turning on his heel, he walked away from the boy and into the kitchen where Seokjin was making dinner for the group. It was rare that they had a chance to eat at the dorm after jam-packed schedule days and Seokjin always took the opportunity to cook. Seokjin noticed Jungkook quickly, shooting him a small smile and offering him the spoon he was holding to stir the soup in the pot. Jungkook took it, glad for a distraction.

 

“You fought with Taehyung?”

 

Jungkook lifted his head to meet Seokjin’s concerned gaze slowly, frowning a little. “How did you know?”

 

“You weren’t really being quiet about it,” Seokjin’s smile turned soft and he rubbed soothing circles into the space between Jungkook’s shoulderblades. “You treated him a little harshly, don’t you think? He didn’t mean to upset you.”

 

An almost inaudible sigh left Jungkook’s lips and he shook his head. “I didn’t intend to get so..angry at him.”

 

“Stressed out?”

“A little.”

Seokjin nodded understandingly before looking out into the living room and spotting Jimin talking to Taehyung. The sight brought another smile to his lips. He always thought about how glad he was that Taehyung had someone like Jimin in their group - Jungkook may be close to Taehyung, but he was younger and more inexperienced. There were some things Taehyung needed someone his own age for.

 

“Jimin is talking to Tae right now,” Seokjin informed Jungkook, who turned around to check. “He’ll be okay again soon. But you have to apologise, Jungkook.”

 

“I know,” Jungkook breathed out, his gaze lingering on Taehyung for a fraction of a second longer than would be considered normal. Seokjin chuckled quietly and brought the younger into his side, hugging him gently and then taking the spoon back.

 

“Do you want to help me for now?” He knew that Jungkook needed a little time to cool off completely and Jungkook was entirely grateful for his eldest hyung’s consideration.

 

Jungkook planned to apologise right after they had eaten, hoping that they would be alright again by tomorrow but Jimin had pulled Taehyung away within seconds so that they could finish the level they had been playing. Taehyung had avoided eye-contact with him all the way throughout dinner, keeping his eyes fixed on Hoseok as he told the story of his trip down to the store, laughing the loudest out of all of them.  Jungkook could feel his heart clench sadly - he missed Taehyung.

 

Practice was due to start at 4am the next day so they were all in bed by eleven and Jungkook could feel guilt clawing at his stomach as he lay in the darkness of the bedroom. He had stayed away from Taehyung purposefully for the rest of the night, suddenly feeling too awkward to bring up their argument and he knew there was no way Taehyung would approach him when he still believed Jungkook was upset with him. It was something Jungkook had always loved about Taehyung - he did respect his boundaries when it was necessary.

 

Taehyung.”


His whisper broke the silence of the room and he watched the lump on Taehyung’s bunk shift. Taehyung sat up hesitantly, looking down to Jungkook’s bed and cocking his head. Jungkook signalled for Taehyung to come down to his bed and Taehyung scrambled to push his duvet off. He made his way down the ladder as quietly as he could, padding over to Jungkook’s bed and crawling under the covers that Jungkook held up for him.

 

Jungkook couldn’t help but smile at the way Taehyung snuggled into his side when he wrapped his arms around the elder, burying his face into Taehyung’s soft hair. He could feel Taehyung’s warm breaths on his neck and he was just happy that he could have the other this close to him again.

 

“I’m- uh. I’m sorry,” Jungkook cursed himself internally for his aversion to any kind of emotion expressing. “For yelling at you earlier, I mean. I overreacted.”

 

Taehyung’s deep rumbling laugh had heat flushing to Jungkook’s cheeks. “It’s okay, Jungkookie. I shouldn’t have done the chair thing in the first place when I knew you were feeling more stressed than usual.”

 

It always surprised Jungkook how Taehyung was so quick to forgive, how Taehyung loved so unconditionally. He had never been like that and at first, it was a bit off putting, especially with how shy he was, but Taehyung’s persistence and the fact he was the closest to Jungkook’s age helped him to break down his walls quicker.  Jungkook kissed the top of Taehyung’s head as softly as he could, closing his eyes and enjoying the feeling of Taehyung’s arms winding around his waist.

 

“Just say you forgive me? It would make me feel a lot better.”

Taehyung laughed again. “I forgive you, Jungkook.”


HASNT IT BEEN SO LONG??? IT'S BEEN FOREVER SINCE I'VE POSTED ONE OF THESE. oh man. i literally found that in an untitled doc with two paragraphs written and i was like god damn. i should just finish it. SO I DID. and now i have a new actual boyfriend's drabble hurray!!! 

please remember that i really do appreciate feedback of any form and you shouldn't be shy to comment or anthing!! :-)))) this isnt proofread as usual, lmao