Number 20

Actual Boyfriends

his blog remained the same, colourless and simple, until kim taehyung appeared in his life.

 


 

if there was one thing jungkook was proud of in his life, it was his tumblr blog. sometimes, he would open up his archive just to nod in satisfaction at the perfect and neat layout. all the posts had as minimal colour as possible and if there was a text post in sight, it would be deleted within the hour. honestly, he would show it off to everyone but he didn’t want to risk any of his classmates finding it - that would be embarrassing.

 

and so jungkook would spend hour upon hour, scrolling and clicking, keeping his blog updated. he was pretty proud of his great url too. it gave off that mysterious vibe he was looking for, because he was a Cool City Guy™ online, even if that wasn’t the case offline.

 

his life offline wasn’t as great and well put together. he was too shy to even attempt to make any friends outside of jimin and being a fan of girl groups was a slightly unconventional thing for a guy at his school. people loved to take the piss out of him at any given opportunity. the only problem was, it wasn’t bad enough to be considered bullying, but it was enough to make him feel ty in almost every class.

 

jungkook smiled slightly at the amount of supportive messages in his askbox after he posted complaints about his day - the perks of having a large follower count. he replied to the off anon messages privately first, thanking them with a ‘:)’ at the end before screenshotting the remaining anons to thank them all at once. he would have to delete it later to make sure it didn’t mess up his blog.

 

his blog remained the same, colourless and simple, until kim taehyung appeared in his life. taehyung was a ray of sunshine in human form who was never put off by jungkook’s shyness, always making an effort to talk to him. it was only natural jungkook would start liking him, pining for taehyung’s attention and affection. he adored the older boy, and suddenly, his blog began to take on a slightly different form.

 

the posts morphed from entirely aesthetic to angsty af. jungkook threw all his want for taehyung onto his blog, the text on photos reading ‘but every once in a while, you meet someone who’s iridescent, and nothing else can compare’ and quotes saying “truth is i didn’t expect to get this attached to you.”

 

his followers noticed the change easily, questions flooding in about who he was posting about, when did he meet them, was he dating, was there actually anybody in the first place? jungkook ignored most of the messages, occasionally replying to confirm there was someone and ‘i may love him a little.’

 

it was a whole year after meeting that taehyung finally confessed to jungkook, stuttering and blushing the entire way through before whining about how embarrassed he was. jungkook almost burst into tears, clinging to taehyung tightly and kissing him hard. life never felt better than it had in the moment.

 

he posted a single black and white photoset on his blog a few nights later, a photo of him and taehyung in a japanese restaurant they visited for their first real date and a photo of taehyung sleeping that he had taken afterwards.

 

#personal #he's a nerd #and dumb #yeah #bye

 

his askbox exploded, people freaking out over how cute taehyung was and is he the guy?? omg!! congrats!!!! he’s so adorable, are you dating now? jungkook only replied to a few with cryptic messages and smiley faces. it was enough to get their relationship out.

 

and just like taehyung had splashed colour on jungkook’s life, he did the same for his blog. slowly, but surely, jungkook began to reblog more and more things in colour, his blog shifting from the dull and simple theme to a brighter and prettier aesthetic. he still tried to keep textposts to a minimum but sometimes they reminded him of taehyung and he couldn’t help but reblog them.

 

“your blog looks so pretty jungkookie!” taehyung had exclaimed when jungkook finally showed it to him. he kissed jungkook’s cheek and snuggled into his side with a wide smile. “it looks a lot nicer than mine does.”

 

“you run a blog?” jungkook asked in surprise, looking towards his boyfriend. taehyung nodded enthusiastically and told jungkook his url. jungkook typed it in eagerly, happy that he could now show off his boyfriend even more online.

 

(taehyung ran a meme blog. jungkook nearly cried.)

 


so... this is gonna be the last actual boyfriends fic i post!! i don't use aff much for posting anymore, mainly ao3 because i like the interface better, so if you're still up for some taekook fics (with some vmin and other bts pairings mixed in) you can check them out at lilacflowers (for short fics or fics under 5k) and piryohae (for longer fics that i put more effort into)!! this one here is already posted to lilacflowers under he's the tear in my heart (i'm alive). i still read on here, just not posting ^^
 
love you guys!!