Unexpected

Take it or leave it

At the bar

Kim, Mario and other band member are now at the bar they are celebrating the successful gig they had earlier.

A waitress approach them and asked their orders the others order beer and Kim order martini and Mario ordered the same. The DJ played some music as the waitress returned they all cheered as the music plays.

Alex: hey guys cheers for the success. All of them raised their glasses. Bottoms up!

Kim: thanks guys for inviting me and Mario.

Alex: we should be the one to thank you, you and Mario if you’re not there a while ago we couldn’t have performed.

Mario: nah… anything for Aunt In.

After a few more round of drinks Kim and Mario are already tipsy they decided to go to the dance floor as they have lots of courage now to dance. As they dance a girl approach Kim and dance with her, she was dumbfounded with the girl’s sudden action, she can’t do anything but to dance with her as the music changes to slow she excuse herself and returned to the table.

Alex: hey Kim what’s wrong with you?

Kim just look at him and gulped her drinks as for Mario he already had his date, they are now dancing at the slow music. Mario holding the girls waist and the girl holds Mario at his neck. Kim just stares at him and smirk. Little did Kim know the girl she was dancing with a while ago followed her.

Girl: can I sit here? As she looked at Kim and her friends.

Kim as she turned her head she saw the girl but didn’t react. It was Alex who replied to the girl.

Alex: Yes, miss you may as he smiled at the girl and smirk at Kim. Who is deep in her thought.

Girl: Hi I’m Mean as she held her hand to Kim who is still in her reverie.

Kim’s POV

As I dance myself to loneliness at the dance floor a girl approached me which reminded me of Yam I don’t know but she seems to look like her except for her hair. As the music change to slow I excused myself and left, but she followed me and introduced herself but I’m not interested I just missing Yam more every time I see her. What’s happening to Yam how on earth did she promise to get connected with me if she’s the one who broke that ing promise? Ha!? I hate her I hate my best friend. My reverie suddenly stop when I heard her say her name was Mean. My heart suddenly feels electrocuted I don’t know why? Do we know each other or some sort?

As the night falls slowly turns into dusk Kim decided to leave the bar. She head to her dorm slowly the memory of Yam lingers in her mind without knowing she reach the dorm and as she tries to open the door she suddenly fell on her knee as she grasps for her key in her pocket her phone fell and the wallpaper picture of Yam and her got revealed. Pie heard the noise.

Pie yawn what time is it? As she rub her eyes and slowly opened it she saw Kim wasn’t at her bed yet.

Pie: where is she? Then she remember the noise she heard a while ago. It must be Kim she said and got up to open the door. As she open the door she saw Kim leaning on the right post of the door and she is sobbing.

Pie: What happened to her? She asked herself in her thought.

Kim notice someone opened the door so she wiped her tears and head inside but before she went straight inside she looks up to Pie and thank her.

Kim: uhm… thanks. Pie just stares at her and nods.

Kim entered the room and went straight to her bed and slumbers.

 

The next morning

Kim got up early ah… my head hurts she said as she held her head with her hands. She stands up from the bed and went to the bathroom to freshen up. After a while Kim got out of the bathroom Pie was still in deep slumber, she decided to cook something for herself and for Pie to reduce her hangover.

Pie woke up smelling a fresh brewed coffee and she heard someone singing.

Pie: I was awaken by the smell of fresh brewed coffee and a voice I think I know that voice as she got up from bed she saw Kim at the balcony holding her guitar and singing.

 

Trust the one

Who's been where you are wishing all it was

Was sticks and stones

Those words cut deep but they don't mean you're all alone

And you're not invisible

Hear me out,

There's so much more to life than what you're feeling now

Someday you'll look back on all these days

And all this pain is gonna be invisible

Oh, invisible

Pie walked slowly towards Kim

Uhm so she really sings like this ah… looking at Kim who is closing her eyes

So your confidence is quiet

To them quiet looks like weakness

But you don't have to fight it

'Cause you're strong enough to win without a war

Every heart has a rhythm

Let yours beat out so loudly

That everyone can hear it

Yeah, I promise you don't need to hide it anymore

Oh, and never be afraid of doing something different

Dare to be something more

Trust the one

Who's been where you are wishing all it was

Was sticks and stones

Yeah, the words cut deep but they don't mean you're all alone

And you're not invisible

Hear me out,

There's so much more of this life than what you're feeling now

And someday you'll look back on all these days

And all this pain is gonna be invisible

Kim stops singing and opened her eyes Pie was startled by that she couldn’t believe that Kim stop singing.

Pie: Why did you stop? She asked Kim who then slowly opened her eyes and smile at her.

Kim: Uhm… Pie would like to have breakfast? As she grab a cup of coffee from a small round garden table and gave it to Pie. Pie gladly accepted the cup of coffee and sat on the chair next to the small round table. Pie was just staring at her while eating wondering why she’s acting like that. They were silent the whole time as they were eating their breakfast Kim made an all American breakfast sunny side up eggs, bacons and toast breads. Pie broke the silence between them.

Pie: Kim I know I don’t have the right to asked you this, but where have you been last night? Smiling faintly at Kim.

Kim: last night I went to the bar with Mario and other band members. Then she turn her gazed to Pie and smiled. Sorry to disturb your sleep Pie.

Kim grab her guitar again and started playing the song invisible by Hunter Hayes.

Crowded hallways are the loneliest places

For outcasts and rebels

Or anyone who just dares to be different

And you've been trying for so long

To find out where your place is

But in their narrow minds

There's no room for anyone who dares to do something different

Oh, but listen for a minute

 

Trust the one

Who's been where you are wishing all it was

Was sticks and stones

Those words cut deep but they don't mean you're all alone

And you're not invisible

Hear me out,

There's so much more to life than what you're feeling now

Someday you'll look back on all these days

And all this pain is gonna be invisible

Oh, invisible

 

So your confidence is quiet

To them quiet looks like weakness

But you don't have to fight it

'Cause you're strong enough to win without a war

Every heart has a rhythm

Let yours beat out so loudly

That everyone can hear it

Yeah, I promise you don't need to hide it anymore

Oh, and never be afraid of doing something different

Dare to be something more

 

Trust the one

Who's been where you are wishing all it was

Was sticks and stones

Yeah, the words cut deep but they don't mean you're all alone

And you're not invisible

Hear me out,

There's so much more of this life than what you're feeling now

And someday you'll look back on all these days

And all this pain is gonna be invisible

 

These labels that they give you

Just 'cause they don't understand

If you look past this moment

You'll see you've got a friend

Waving a flag for who you are

And all you're gonna do

Yeah, so here's to you

And here's to anyone who's ever felt invisible

 

Yeah, and you're not invisible

Hear me out,

There's so much more to life than what you're feeling now

And someday you'll look back on all these days

And all this pain is gonna be invisible

It'll be invisible

 

After the songs ended she stood up and looked at the sky. She said suddenly “Sometimes we can’t see the truth in someone until they unconsciously show it to us”. Then she went inside and took a bath.

Kim is sometimes mysterious out of the blue she said something that I can’t simply understand why she told me that all I know is she’s in pain but why? I saw her last night sobbing but when she saw me she stop. I think I’m starting to get comfortable with her but still she’s a stranger to me. After a while Kim got out of the bathroom. Pie then enter the bathroom but before she entered she called Kim.

Pie: Kim.

Kim: hmm? Then turn around to Pie.

Pie: am Kim thanks for the breakfast. She then turned and enter the bathroom without waiting for Kim answer.

Kim then smirked what a girl? She said then whispered your welcome to herself and Left the room.

As Kim was walking at the hallway Jane saw her and approached her.

Jane: Kim she shouted.

Kim slowly turn her head towards the direction of the voice.

Kim: Hi Jane. As Jane almost run just to reach Kim’s side.

Jane reached her side almost out of breath.

Kim: Jane are you okay? Asked Worriedly

Jane: yeah.  Jane took a deep breath. Kim just smiled at her as she tries to catch her breath.

Jane: where are you going?

Kim: ah, I’m going to the art and science building she said the half smiled.

Jane: oh really that’s where I’m going to. Shall I come with you?

Kim just nods and started walking followed by Jane the two are walking side by side.

As they reach the classroom Jane realizes that Kim her, Pei, Nerd and Pie are classmates as they saw them at the hallway on their way to the room.

Pei: Hey kimmy where is Mario? Kim fish her phone from her pocket and called Mario

Kim: Hey Mario where are you?

Mario: I’m on my way to the art and science building.

Kim: okay we’ll wait for you then. Then she hanged up.

Kim then turn to Pei and said he’s on his way here.

Pei: Oh, great I can’t wait to see my prince. Smiling like an idiot. Kim just chuckled so as the others.

As they are waiting for Mario a girl suddenly appear out of nowhere then called Kim.

Girl: Hi Kim. Then she smiled at her.

Kim turn her gazed to the girl to her surprise it was Mean the girl from the bar last night.

Kim just smiled faintly and everyone notice it specially Pie who is wondering who was that girl. While Mean approach Kim.

Mean: So Kim we meet again, then she smiled at Kim looking at her eye to eye she seems to flirt with her. Kim on the other hand was feeling uncomfortable with Mean.

Kim: Yeah we meet again. Then she smiled faintly as Mario approached them.

Mario: oh hi there miss do we know each other from somewhere? He said as he was looking at Mean’s face studying every detail of it.

Mean: yeah remember last night we meet at the bar. Then she turn her gazed to Kim who was suddenly feeling embarrassed. While Mario elbowed Kim and smirked.

Mario: What a small world ha? Looking at Kim with a Do-you-know-looks?

Kim just shook his head in disbelief of Mario’s action.

Mario: So we are all here today same class eh?! Then smirked

Jane: yeah same class. Then suddenly Pei interrupt the conversation.

Pei: we better get going before it bells and getting hot in here. Then he looks at Kim who is then blushing and cling to Mario’s hand.

 Pie then second the motion before she started walking to their room she glance at Kim then smirked and then Pei, Nerd and Mario followed. Only Kim, Jane and Mean were left their standing, and the bell rings so they decided to get inside.

Kim thought luckily the bell rings already or else I don’t know what will happen to me she thought. Then she sighed and walked to the room while Jane and Mean followed her from behind the two were looking at each other as if checking each other while others are just staring at them and Kim felt very awkward about this.

Pei POV’s

Kim is one lucky tom she’s charming, intelligent, and rich. Most girls like her even men like her she has this beauty that you can’t simply resist. For that those two girls are fighting for her Jane and Mean, also I think Pie is starting to like her also. I don’t know but Pie is straight but by the way she looks at Kim I can’t simply say it’s nothing, definitely it’s something may be she’s captured by Kim’s undeniably charm and kindness. Even me I almost fell for her but I really like guys more like my prince Mario. Oh my… his so cute and handsome.

 

Kim sat down at the back of Pie, Nerd, Pei and Mario while the two girls sat beside her Jane was on her right and Mean was on her left. This is going to be awkward she said as the professor enters the class everyone greeted him.

Good Morning professor as the professor introduce himself

I’m professor Yun, so everyone here are freshmen’s ha.

Everyone was silent and just nods.