Blue Burst

Bumblebee

[ → Bumblebee ← ]

  "Blue Burst"

07


Standing there under the broken moon, Tiffany bit her lip to maintain her self control. With a half concious Taeyeon standing in front of her, holding the most beautiful bouquet Tiffany had ever received, her thoughts had clogged and stopped at . Her heart stopping for a moment. Her fists shaking with two emotions.

Too tired to say anything, Taeyeon urged her to take the wild flowers she nearly died for. Right as Tiffany took a hold of them, Taeyeon took a step back, her legs begging to give out. Tiffany must have noticed the way she swayed that she reached out to hold Taeyeon in balance.

Taeyeon fell forward, heavily landing on Tiffany who gripped the flowers harder than before. She rested her head on Tiffany's shoulder and stayed there for a while.

"....Don't ever do that again." whispered Tiffany at the brink of tears. "Your life is worth more than a bunch of flowers."

Taeyeon shook her head weakly as she buried herself deeper into the curve of Tiffany's shoulder. She mumbled tiredly, "You're worth everything."

Tiffany didn't even have time to blush. She had been far too worried about Taeyeon the entire day. When she rushed outside the dorms to see her, she thought everything would be normally fine.

But this wasn't fine.

Using her free hand, Tiffany gently pulled Taeyeon in by the neck. Other than to assure and hold the girl properly, she did it so Taeyeon wouldn't be able to see the tears that were leaking out of her eyes. "...Is that your blood or a monster's?"

"A little bit of both." Taeyeon mumbled again, her eyes drooping slightly. "I'm tired."

Tiffany honestly doubted she would be able to carry Taeyeon back home if she were to pass out on her shoulder. But she figured, if Taeyeon could go into the Emerald Forest alone, Tiffany should be strong enough to show her love this way.

"Taeyeon?" Tiffany called. The only thing she received in return were soft snores. With the silence of the school and the atmosphere of the moon, Tiffany waited a while to do anything.

The soft sounds Taeyeon made while she slept eased Tiffany's heart a little. Closing her eyes, Tiffany listened to Taeyeon's ragged breathing. She rubbed her thumb making circular motions on Taeyeon's neck, feeling the older woman's smooth skin.

Lowering her body, Tiffany gathered up all her strength to carry Taeyeon behind her back. It proved to be a difficult task, but in the end she got Taeyeon safely to the dormitory without ever once letting go of the flowers Taeyeon braved to pick.

Her teammates were all dead asleep. Ice snored louder than ever. Normally, Jessica would wake up and yell at Ice to be quiet, but Jessica seemed to be in a deep sleep as well since no arguments were held that night. Tiffany entered the room quietly and hurried to her bed before quickly, but gently, lying Taeyeon down.

She the lamp thinking all her teammates wouldn't wake up and examined Taeyeon's body closely. Within a minute, Taeyeon dirtied the white sheets Tiffany slept on. She must have had an open wound because blood stained the thick sheets quickly. To her relief, it was just blood from her jacket. Slowly taking it off and leaving her in a tank top, Tiffany threw all of Taeyeon's clothes into the laundrymat and went back to bed.

The bed was big enough for the both of them, but despite this, Tiffany preferred Taeyeon closeby. She huddled near her, so close she could feel her breath tickling her skin. She was dirty but Tiffany didn't care.

She was here and that was good enough.


As Tiffany suspected, waking up was a disaster.

Jessica awoken first and kissed Rosie on the forehead before rising up when she screamed back in shock when she saw Tiffany and Taeyeon. She had honestly thought they were dead when Tiffany woke up flustered and embarrassingly explained the entire story.

After hearing the foolishly admirable story, Ice immediately demanded for them to be sent to the infirmary.

Tiffany watched as the nurse wrapped and aided Taeyeon properly. It was confirmed that Taeyeon did not suffer anything severe and despite the colossal urge for Tiffany to scold and lecture Taeyeon like she had wanted to last night, she simply held back and stood in a distance as Taeyeon winced in small shrieks of pain.

"Luckily, you didn't receive any terrible injuries. I do, however, suggest that you watch out for your left arm. Keep it from harm's way and make sure to get some rest." Taeyeon placed a hand on her shoulder and nodded kindly accepting the doctor's directions.

As Tiffany fell in behind Taeyeon, her brow furrowed. It bothered her to think that Taeyeon would be willing to follow Tiffany to her death. She simply believed that Taeyeon had no good reason to do so. She knew that Taeyeon was fond of her, and quite possibly, loved her. But now the thoughts about Taeyeon's selflessness haunted Tiffany. She couldn't believe Taeyeon would go that far for her.

What is it about me that she likes? She was terrified of the idea of allowing someone to be so dependent of her.

Tiffany barely knew how to take care of herself, how could she then possibly think for another person? Taeyeon said Tiffany was worth everything. Tiffany, once again, found that very difficult to grasp.

Besides, what did Taeyeon like about the suspicious, hesistant, and dangerous persona Tiffany was?

To begin with, they weren't even the same.

Tiffany wasn't even human.

She couldn't even begin to imagine when Taeyeon would learn her terrible secret--

"Tiffany?" Taeyeon called out quietly. Her bow twitched and she jumped back in surprise. "Yes!" She said abnormally high pitched.

"Huh? You will?" The smaller girl's eyes sparkled with a bright light of hope. Tiffany got back into her senses and shook her head. "Wait what were you saying?"

"Oh, I was just asking if you could help me design my own weapon." Taeyeon turned her head away, scratching her elbow. Anything to keep her from shaking at the request. She purposely kept her head down in case Tiffany were to reject her request. She certainly didn't want to show any signs of disappointment. Despite knowing full well that Tiffany did not care for her weakness and novicity at fighting, the fear and tingle of inferiority would still linger in her head whenever she asked or did something. Taeyeon was always extra careful in asking something. Even if she knew she was alone, she would act as if someone was watching her just in case.

Quite frankly, spending her time at the overly perfect Beacon Academy, Taeyeon developed an inferiority complex. Her only cure?

Tiffany.

But she didn't want Tiffany to know this. She was afraid if she were to show how much she depended on her, that she would eventually fade off into the picture, scared of the responsiblities. And if she were to do that..Taeyeon's only support would disappear, leaving her to keep stretching her hand out trying to grasp something that wasn't even there.

"Sure." She kindly smiled. "I'll help you. But we have to know your semblance first. It'll help you out. Rosie's semblance is speed y'know. You'll never know her scythe is coming."

After the check up, the two walked back into the dormitory to further discuss the events yesterday. The path zigzagged its way down a steep slope, which made the descent more gradual, through a deeply shaded garden. The path they chose to walk on was a longer walk to the dorm, but Taeyeon requested they walk on this one, her reasoning being the view. But truthfully, she just wanted to spend more time with Tiffany, as if it wasn't obvious already.

Tiffany didn't say anything and stayed behind Taeyeon. With the sun shining above them and a slight breeze passing through, everything was peaceful until --

"AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHH!!!!" The two jerked their heads back searching for the source of the screams when they saw in the midst of the beautiful blue sky....Ice flying.

Well, to be more specific -- spinning out of control.

If their eyes were correct, she had launched out of the school's dining hall. With the debris and broken wood flying with her, Tiffany assumed she was launched from the inside of the dining hall. Adding onto her analysis, she saw crowds of students running out of the dining hall screaming.

The two looked at each other for a quick glance before nodding and running off.

Pushing their way through, Tiffany swung her hand back only to realize she was dressed in her school uniform. Her weapon was absent and locked away in a locker. Ignoring the idea of rushing back to get it, she pushed the doors open and was faced with the chaotic scene :

 

Team JNPR was back. And they were back with a bang.

Nora, a member of the team, laughed wildly as she stood, hands on hips, atop hundreds of dining room tables with the rest of her members spread around. She sang viciously, "I'M QUEEN OF THE CASTLE~ I'M QUEEN OF THE CASTLE!!"

Another thunderous boom erupted the large hall as Rosie stomped her feet on one of the remaining tables that wasn't transformed into Team JNPR's table fortress. Rosie held in her hand a milk carton as she bravely screamed,

"JUSTICE WILL BE SWIFT! JUSTICE WILL BE PAINFUL! IT WILL BE..." She crushed the carton in her hand as she raised it triumphantly. "DELICIOUS!!!!" Jessica screamed behind her as they began to grab food and throw it at each other. Nora was wielding a hammer-like object : A large metal pole with a watermelon attached to the end. If Taeyeon were to guess, this was what had hit Ice that made her rocket into the sky and begin the war.

"T-They're.." Taeyeon stepped back. "They're having a food fight..?"

In the slow process of allowing the scene to unfold in her eyes, Tiffany sighed dramatically in defeat. "This isn't the first time this has happened.."

They stood by the door, quietly watching food fight avoiding the food that occasionally splattered at them. A red headed beauty grabbed a long stick of bread and used it as a javelin, throwing it at Rosie who threw a piece of cake in return. Tiffany picked up some clean food from a normal table before commenting, "Oh, that's Phyrra."

Taeyeon looked at Phyrra. If she recalled correctly, Tiffany mentioned she would be the one to unlock her semblance for her. Phyrra had goddess like facial features. Her red hair strangely complimented her raw green eyes as she wore a golden headband to keep her overflowing hair in place.

Then Taeyeon looked at the rest of the people she knew. Much closer this time.

Rosie had short black hair with red highlights that looked like flames at the end. Despite her short image, she always wore a long red cape with a hood even with her school uniform. Her eyes were silver and exotic, her face squishy looking. She had an averagely slender body despite the workout Taeyeon knew she did having to carry her large scythe around with her. The scythe was much, much bigger than Rosie herself, but she always swung it around without a sweat.

Jessica had multiple nicknames : Ice Queen, Snow Angel, Princess. But looking at her physical attributes, Taeyeon agreed to the nickname princess and snow angel. Taeyeon guessed Jessica's favorite color was white. Her hair was long and white, pulled back in an off-center ponytail. She wore a tiara that pleasantly complimented her elegant look. Her bangs didn't fully cover her forehead and split above her left eye where a crooked scar was shown. Compared to Rosie's somewhat tan skin, Jessica was pale white and had ice blue eyes.

The roof shattered as Ice came plummeting down again. She got up a second later, completely unhurt by the events that had hit her earlier. Tiffany informed her that Ice's semblance was truly special. The more Ice got hit, the stronger she got. It was overpowered indeed, but it also depended on Ice's endurance herself. Ice and Rosie were half-sisters but there wasn't a bit of resemblance between them.

First off, Ice was blonde. Her eyes were of a lavendar color but changed into a crimson red  when she was angry and her semblance was activated. Her hair was as long as Jessica's, if not longer. It was wavy and well cared for as it was her pride and joy. Like Jessica, she also had pale skin.

And then finally..Taeyeon looked at Tiffany.

She had a long neck, with a small scar at the throat, a graceful jawline, full mouth, straight narrow nose, high cheekbones, and wide-set gold eyes. Her finely chiseled features were combined in elegant harmony, and her long lashes and arching eyebrows, a shade darker than her loosely falling waves of black hair gleaming in the sun.

Taeyeon strove to think of words to describe her, the total effect was dazzling. She was lovely, stunning, magnificient. She had never seen a more breathtakingly beautiful woman. But one thing bothered Taeyeon.

Tiffany always wore a black ribbon tied into the form of a bow which Taeyeon had once never seen off. Even when Taeyeon slept over once, she recalled on the memory that Tiffany slept with it on.

"Kitten!" Ice screamed. "A little help?" Tiffany shifted the weight on her legs and crossed her arms, her body saying the answer.

Kitten.

Kitten..

Why does Ice call Tiffany kitten?

It could have simply been an inside joke that Taeyeon wasn't aware of. But she couldn't understand where the term could have came from. She understood Snow Angel for Jessica and Rose for Rosie, but Kitten?

Taeyeon couldn't stop gazing at Tiffany's bow and for a split second, she could have sworn it....

Pain spread like wildfire in Taeyeon's left arm as she stumbled and fell back in shock. A group of four were introduced to the food fighting scene -- the school's student enforcers.

"Stop now!" A blonde haired student yelled. Him and his group seemed to be ready to enforce the rules as they were equipped with weapons. Tiffany caught Taeyeon and cradled her as she yelped in pain. Their weapons seemed to have been equipped with a low percentage of paraylsis power of some sort. Taeyeon guessed this because she couldn't feel her left arm anymore.

Gaining her senses back, Taeyeon looked angerily at the man who had attacked her despite not having to do with the food fight Team JNPR started. Behind him was a long tail that curled around near the end. Team TIJR and JNPR halted their actions immediately and bowed their heads. "You guys again?" The blonde monkey guy scratched his head. "This was your fourth food fight of the year!"

They all nervously chuckled as Tiffany helped Taeyeon get up. "Hey!" Taeyeon angerily yelled grabbing the monkey's attention. "You want to apologize?" She said pointing at her paralyzed arm.

"You." As he came closer, Taeyeon noticed how incredibly tall he was. "I haven't seen you around here. What's your name?"

"Taeyeon and you owe me an apology, sir." She aggresively added, deeply wanting an apology. He ignored Taeyeon and looked at his phone otherwise known as a scroll. "Taeyeon? You don't even go to this school." He said rubbing the fact in her face. "What's a person like you doing here?"

"Like me?" Taeyeon gritted, her temper on a tight leash. She could feel Tiffany pulling her away but this hit Taeyeon in a sacred spot. "What's that suppose to mean, monkey boy?"

"Excuse me?" The argument heated up. The entire length of the dining hall was intense and darkly quiet. "If you're going to insult my race, I at least would like to be called the correct term, Faunus!" He crossed his arm and smirked. "Or did you not learn that from where you came from?"

Taeyeon exhaled as she felt her blood boil even more. All she wanted was a damn apology. Why couldn't this thick headed animal understand that? Of course Taeyeon knew was a faunus was, but she had never really encountered one. Faunus were half-human, half-animals. In this case, he was half-human, half-monkey. She curled her right hand in ready to throw a quick manuever. Tiffany however, noticed this aggresive sign and rushed inbetween them.

"Enough!" Tiffany yelled unhappily. "Both of you! Taeyeon! Sun!" She pushed them away from each other. "Enough."

"I just want an apology from this stupid animal!" Taeyeon continued. She honestly thought Tiffany would back her up, but instead she earned a hard cold slap that caused her head to spin.

Tiffany had slapped her.

Tiffany's little slap was more staggering than she intended. She merely meant to push Taeyeon further away. She didn't mean to slap her.

But when the word animal came out of Taeyeon's mouth..she couldn't help it.

"Don't you dare call us animals!" Tiffany harshly delivered.

....

Tiffany's eyes widened as she stepped back. She wished that she had never said that. But she knew that wish was dead. So instead she wished Taeyeon would have never heard that. But to the harsh reality :

"...us..?" Taeyeon repeated quietly. "Us..like..what do you mean?"

"I...I.." Tiffany stuttered out of control. Ice, who Taeyeon figured knew, jogged up to Tiffany to embrace her. But before she could completely get ahold of her, Tiffany had dashed and sprinted away from the hall.

Ice screamed in desperation asking Tiffany to wait. But with her stomping footsteps faintly disappearing, Taeyeon could feel a part of her running away.

The blonde school enforcer, introduced by Tiffany as Sun, scratched his head. "What's wrong with her?" Everyone looked at him expectedly. "What? You guys never knew she was a faunus?"

"Tiffany? A faunus?" Jessica hurried to the entrance, then stopped cold when she looked out.

"Aren't you guys her teammates? Haven't you ever seen her cat ears?" Sun said pointing at his head.

"What cat ears?" Jessica fumbled trying to imagine Tiffany. "She wears a..." Jessica paused unsurely, her eyebrows rising up. "...bow.."

Silence filled the hall again. Rosie whispered to herself, "...She does like tuna a lot.."

"Oh my god, is that why you call Tiffany kitten?!" Jessica shrieked at Ice.

"What! No! I swear I didn't know! I only called her kitten because I saw her feeding a cat before. I swear!" Ice waved her hands crazily.

"Well great." Jessica said putting her hands on her hips. "We're in trouble because of the food fight we've started and we just learned Tiffany's secret. This day couldn't get any better!"

Jessica was right. This day was only getting worse.

Still stunned by what Tiffany had said, Taeyeon was standing by the entrance alone, her head down. The warm summer day had an unending quality that demanded Taeyeon find and apologize to Tiffany. But the cool breeze halted her as painful tingle still made her arm numb. But she couldn't give up now. Taeyeon had spent so long trying to get close to Tiffany. She wasn't going to let this break her away.

"Taeyeon?" Rosie spoke out. "Where are you going?"

Taeyeon didn't respond. She was thinking about something else.

Taeyeon didn't go into the Emerald Forest to pick those flowers just for fun. She didn't nearly get herself killed because she was Tiffany's friend.

No. She was fully aware of her troublesome feelings now. She loved Tiffany.

She loved her for being so kind.

For being so patient.

For being so lovable.

For being so strong.

For being so smart.

Taeyeon loved Tiffany for everything she was. She was smart enough to guess Tiffany had run away, scared of what others might think now that they learned she was a half-animal.

But Taeyeon needed to find Tiffany.

"Taeyeon!" Ice gasped. "Your arm.."

Taeyeon had survived the Emerald Forest. This should be easy. She stepped out, holding her shoulder, biting down hard trying to not scream in pain. What had hit her? Whatever it was, it buried itself deep into her arm causing an uncomfortable chain of pain.

Despite this constant ringing in her head, Taeyeon stepped out and began walking.

She needed to tell Tiffany that she didn't care if she was a faunus or not. She needed to tell her that she wouldn't think any less of her either way.

But most importantly, Taeyeon needed to tell Tiffany that she loved her.

She went to Team TIJR's dorm to see if Tiffany had headed there. With the rest of the team trailing behind her, she spoke the words first.

"I have to find her.." Taeyeon gasped out loud. Looking at the mirror, she had just noticed what a mess her left arm was now. She placed her right hand and gripped the part even harder. When the pumping blood slowed to a seepage, she looked for her sword tucked behind Tiffany's bed. When Taeyeon's hand reached for the comfort of her sword, she found instead a shock.

Sparks covered the sword in blue and yellow flashes and in the heat of the moment, Taeyeon involuntarily let go of the weapon.

She pulled her hand back, ready to believe she had imagined the sparks, but the electric wave left a tingling sensation running through her veins. Afraid to pick her sword up, she bent down and looked at it closely.

"What was that?" Rosie frowned. Taeyeon couldn't find anything wrong with her sword. The sparks that once covered it were gone and the metal sword shined as bright as ever. She decided to try again and --

Electricity flowed throughout the conducting metal as it came to eletrocute Taeyeon harshly. Screaming in pain, she tossed her sword halfway across the room. Ice caught her as she swayed onto the ground.

"We can look for Tiffany later." Ice said strongly. "We have to figure out what's going on with you first." Swinging an arm around Ice and Rosie, they supported her weight as they walked back to the infirmary.

"Taeyeon, I have to ask." Jessica said circling around them. "Before you got hit, did you activate your aura?"

"No..it was too sudden."

"The school enforcers shoot with aura tranquilizers. It normally doesn't do physical harm but since all fighters use aura, it shuts us down momentarily." They all took a short glance at Taeyeon's oozing wound. "And well, you haven't officially unlocked your semblance have you?"

"No..but I think back there.." Jessica nodded in agreement.

"I think, the aura shot unlocked your semblance for you.."

"Did it?" Rosie gasped. "Well..what is it then?"

Jessica took a step back and ordered us to stop. "Well, of course I can't be certain but.." Turning her head in a specific way, everyone followed her gaze as they came to see a metal lamp the school used to light up the campus at night. "If I'm correct..this may prove it.."

Taeyeon knew what to do. It seems they were all on the same page. Slowly, she walked towards the metal pole. Then bravely extending out her hand, she tensed her body and activated her aura to protect herself from harm.

Her hand was a few inches away from the metal. With Tiffany in her mind and team encouraging her, she reached out completely and wrapped her hand around the pole.

This time it didn't hurt. But the evidence was crystal clear now. The light post sparkled and in a split second, the light exploded. Jessica grinned as she rubbed her chin admirably. Then confirming it for the rest of the team she said,

 

"Taeyeon's semblance is electricity."

 

 

 


Hey guys! It's authornim here. Before I begin my author's note, I would like to clarify that I have changed my username from MeGustaSNSD to Weiss_Knight. So yes I'm still here and I didn't steal the story or anything lol.

I was originally going to split the "Tiffany is a faunus" and "Taeyeon's semblance is electricity" into two different chapters but I was like, it aint nobody got time for that.

I hope the faunus thing wasn't too random. If you watch RWBY and got far ahead, this isn't a surprise at all considering the character Tiffany is based off of, Blake, is a faunus in the story. Spoiler or not, well now you know lol.

I did hint it just a couple times in the story, the way Tiffany's bows twitched. I know faunus weren't introduced until this very chapter but It just adds more to the unexpected surprise. Plus now it'll get even more fluffier. Can you imagine like..Taeyeon petting cat Tiffany? lol It wasn't talked about all that much because I was still unsure or whether or not to add it to the story. but fck it.

And as far as I know, none of the characters from RWBY have electricity as their semblance. It's something I thought of, and her weapon is going to be awesome! luckily mushroomHwang is working on drawing out Taeyeon's weapon/armor so you can get a better idea of it on ur head. She gave me a rough sketch and i can say TAEYEON IS SO BAD OMG

The gif in the chapter's image is the original Rosie in the series RWBY. Which, P.S, you should watch if you haven't yet. Her scythe though ughhhh I love it.

Heres some RWBY appreciation gifs (Credit to owners)

Rosie_Ruby

Tiffany's original character Blake:

Blake being badass

MY FAVORITE CHARACTER WHOM JESSICA IS BASED OFF OF : WEISS!! (if you havent noticed i named my IGN after her <3)

Ice who is based off Yang (yes Yang is also in this story)

Team RWBY :

"why is authornim showing us all this"

SO YOU CAN IMAGINE THE CHARACTERS WITHOUT ME HAVING TO DESCRIBE THEM ALL THE TIME

AND BECUS RWBY IS AWESOME AND YOU SHOULD WATCH IT LINK HERE TO THE FIRST TRAILER : https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pYW2GmHB5xs

AUTHORNIM OUT.

lol this took me a while to write please subscribe if you haven't, upvote, comment and all that good stuff for more Bumblebee :D <3 i love long comments dont forget! Thanks for all the support! go comment now!