Their crazy, adventure, books and coffee, love story

Bumblebee

[ → Bumblebee ← ]

  "Their crazy, adventure, books and coffee, love story"

12


The sun was settling into a hazy horizon and making golden streamers of the clouds when they started up the long trail to the high shelf. Before they reached the ancient embayment, the colors shifted through the spectrum of golds and bronzes, then reds to a deep mauve. When they rounded the jutting wall, Tiffany was stopped by the untouchable beauty of the panorama spread out before her. She took a few steps along the edge, too preoccupied with the view to notice the precipitous drop for once. The great lake, calm and full, mirrored the vibrant sky and darkened shadows of the rounded mountains across, her oily smooth surface alive with the movement of her deep current.

"It's beautiful, isn't it?"

Tiffany turned at the voice and found herself staring at the woman she hated the most. "Weiss."

"Congratulations Tiffany. Big feast tonight to celebrate for your victory at the Vytal Festival, despite.." She paused to grin. "Despite well, dying."

The day was drawing to a close. Silence aded the forest; as though in profound reverence, even the birds were still. Tiffany asked dumbly, looking around her, then finally, herself. Convinced she was dead, she lifted her hand up and stared at them as if they didn't belong to her. "I won?"

Weiss smiled in agreement, then stood back to watch the clouds pass by. She walked around with her hands behind her back, gracefully stepping through the artificial environment. "You did. But you also died when Zwei stabbed you. That was pretty brutal, but it increased the views and sponsorship tenfold. But he didn't kill the grimm. You did. So, you win."

Tiffany shuddered. "Views? Sponsorship? I died for all that? What's the point of winning when I lost everyone I cared about for your stupid game?"

"Lost everyone?" With quiet dignity, Weiss knelt beside the ragged stump and dug a small hole with her bare hand. She dropped an acorn in it. This entire time, she had not once looked at Tiffany twice in the eye. "I'm guessing you really thought you were dead?"

Weiss took out her scroll, the only thing that snapped Tiffany back to reality. She tossed it to Tiffany who caught it with ease. On the transparent screen was the list of fighters with Zwei on top and Tiffany following right after. Next to the highlighted names were statuses ; Tiffany being the only one different.

"Logged out?" Tiffany raised a brow. "Why am I the only one..still vaporized?"

"I wanted to talk to the winner for a little longer." Weiss brushed her hair to the side. "Each time every person is vaporized, they're teleported here so I can talk with them. To clarify the Vytal Festival." When Tiffany's sour face refused to change, Weiss sighed and lifted her hands palms up. "You're not really dead. It was all a lie I said to get you fighting for real." Twisting her wrist, she pointed at the scroll. "The list goes in order from who died last. Zwei is on top since he survived, technically, and you're down second. Continuing the list.." Tiffany swept her finger up and ran through the list. All Top 10 fighters were highlighted in blue, Tiffany being a golden exception. Then each time an interval of ten came, a different color came up to highlight.

# 1_Zwei // Signal Academy [LOGGED OUT]

# 2_Tiffany // Beacon Academy [VAPORIZED]

# 3_Ice // Beacon Academy [LOGGED OUT]

# 4_Rosie // Beacon Academy [LOGGED OUT]

# 5_Jessica // Beacon Academy [LOGGED OUT]

# 6_ Mercury // exception [LOGGED OUT]

# 7_Cinder // Mistral Academy [LOGGED OUT]

# 8_Carmilla // Silas Academy [LOGGED OUT]

# 9_Laura // Silas Academy [LOGGED OUT]

# 10_Dakota // Wales Institution [LOGGED OUT]

# 11_Taeyeon // exception [LOGGED OUT]

# 12_Jondalar // Mistral Academy [LOGGED OUT]

# 13_Ayla // Mistral Academy [LOGGED OUT]

 

Her eyes were fixated on her teammate's names, most importantly, Taeyeon's name. She was logged out -- whatever that meant. As if Weiss was reading her mind, she explained. "The Vytal Festival is suppose to show the strength and power Hunters and Huntresses in training have. The future protectors of the world if you would like to call it. But it's also a place to have fun. For a while, the festival was too fun that it failed to reflect any important aspects to any fighter in the arena. To be honest, this really was the first year we told the students they would die. We wanted to see what would happen -- if we could perhaps push you to the limit," she said, then covered the seed and poured a cup of water over it. "It worked perfectly. This year couldn't get any better. Ratings and views were off the roof. We use those sponsorships to help fund the schools. It's a good thing really."

Tiffany violently tossed the scroll back at Weiss who didn't seem to mind her angry outburst. Weiss understood, out of everyone, she had every reason to be angry. "You played us. I thought--" She took a heavy breath and closed her eyes. Tiffany didn't to speak any further because Weiss already knew. Wiping her hands, she picked up her scroll laying a few feet away from her and began tapping the screen.

"You're going to be famous Miss Tiffany. Everyone in the top ten usually gets a reasonable amount of good fame. Not to mention glorious prizes. Especially you." Tiffany stood there wondering what to do next. "You know this arena is fake? You could say everything is a hologram. It's amazing, don't you think?"

Angry and confused, Tiffany refused to hear any of Weiss's calming descriptions of the arena. She only wanted to see one thing and one thing only. Weiss seemed to be able to grant that.

"Before we destroy this arena in preparation for next year's Vytal Festival, I'm going to give you the option to spend the remaining beautiful moments with any person in the list. Your choice, of course." Weiss extended her hand with a charming smile. Perhaps there really was some good in the evil Tiffany first judged. "You won't find a better scenery anywhere else in the world. Ruby and I travelled most of it, so I would know." When Tiffany stayed still, Weiss grudged. "Of course, it is an option."

"Give me that.." Tiffany muttered harshly. She pulled at the scroll and highlighted the name she wanted to see. When Weiss saw the name, she grinned fabulously again. "You know, for an exception, that girl is terribly vicious. I bet I could arrange for her to get into Beacon too. But we'll talk about that another time, hmm? I'll see you around Tiffany." Weiss turned to go and eventually, disappeared into the evening light.

A few seconds later, Tiffany hear a voice.

"Tiffany?"

Tiffany turned at the voice and smiled at the woman she had died for.

"Taeyeon.." Tiffany said with relief. Afraid Taeyeon would disappear, she wasted no time in running into the girl's arms. Despite the fake arena Weiss mentioned, Taeyeon's warmth was real. Leaving no space between them, Tiffany let herself melt in Taeyeon's embrace as they allowed time to flow right on by.

Taeyeon had been overjoyed when Tiffany chose her for what Weiss called, "The Final Option." When Taeyeon herself was vaporized, Weiss personally visited her and explained everything, dotting an eager eye whenever she mentioned Tiffany. When she saw the grief in Tiffany's eyes as she watched on the sides, she had become concious of their relationship.

Finally, Tiffany let go of the hug to wipe away some tears falling out of her eye. At that moment, Tiffany thought about kissing Taeyeon.

In fact, the idea had been on Tiffany's mind all day. When looking for her own name at the Vytal Festival's Top 100, it was impossible to describe the amount of joy she had when she saw Taeyeon's name as well. Of course, she wasn't surprised when she saw her team's, but the joy was different.

Taeyeon's hair was lighter than her's ; just a little more to the brown side. She wasn't tall, but so physically fit she gave that impression. She was one of the few women she'd met that she found comfort with in height. Taeyeon had tied her hair up for battle and with it out of the way, Tiffany noticed her fine features were also beautiful.

I could be happy with her, She thought. Why don't I just ask her? And at that moment, Tiffany truly wanted her.

"Taeyeon?" She called once again.

She looked at her and was held by the magnetism of her unbelievably hazel eyes. Her need, her desire focused on Taeyeon. The force of her charisma -- unconcious and all the more powerful for it-- caught her unaware and broke through the defenses she had carefully erected to avoid pain. She was open, vulnerable, drawn almost against her will.

Tiffany took her hand, held her there, and watched the last glimmers of the sunset reflected in her eyes.

There was a yielding gentleness about her, an ageless acceptance that had nothing to do with age -- she was only a few years older than Tiffany was. Neither was it giving in. Rather that she made no demands, had no expectations. Taeyeon had faintly mentioned it before, the death of her father and siblings had tempered her with grief. In learning to live with others, she had developed an ability to absorb the pain of others.

Tiffany had a shady past and attempted to hide it away from anyone. But because of Taeyeon's calming effect, she felt more and more vulnerable. Tiffany wasn't reserved, exactly -- she smiled and talked with easy comfort -- just composed and not quite reachable.

In the midst of the wonderfully crafted place, there the two were. With Tiffany holding Taeyeon's hands, she leaned over to kiss her lightly.

Taeyeon accepted it. When Tiffany pulled back with a red face, Taeyeon couldn't help but crack a smile. "What took you so long?" She said before pulling her back for another kiss.

Tiffany hadn't even asked. But the kiss was a confirmation of their love. Their crazy, adventure, books and coffee, love story. And if anything, Tiffany wanted the last page of her story to be the adventure she had with Taeyeon.

A timer started in the sky with a friendly warning that the arena would soon disappear. Taeyeon took this as a tip they should enjoy the place while it lasted before pulling a love enticed faunus behind her. Strolling through makeshift path, Taeyeon stopped, turned around, and to Tiffany's surprise, untied Tiffany's ribbon. Free from their restraints, Tiffany's cat ears twitched.

"I still don't forgive you for suddenly disappearing like that. Even if it was my fault! But," She flicked the ears in a playful way before kissing Tiffany on the nose. "I want you to be proud for being a faunus. So then, I can be proud of my faunus girlfriend." Since then, Taeyeon played with Tiffany's ears. It was her simple gesture and way to indirectly tell Tiffany she didn't mind her being a faunus. Because of that small loving gesture, Tiffany too, made efforts to change and never wore her ribbon again.

The two sat at the edge of a cliff, looking at the arena that slowly began to disintegrate. Taeyeon explained after she was vaporized, she was simply in a room of white with the rest of the fallen fighters. They were able to watch the fight from whereever they were too. She guessed that being logged out meant you were back in the real world safe and sound. Technically, the two were still vaporized anyway.

There wasn't much time left. They were in the midst of a brief stay of logging out, courtesy of Weiss. When the world was completely gone, they would finally go off to where they belong, and then it would truly be over.

Tiffany cupped Taeyeon's cheek with her hand and slowly met her lips. It was their final kiss. At least in this world. She took her time, trying to etch her entire existence into her soul.

"I love you Taeyeon.." It was almost a whisper, but firm. Suddenly, she felt something hot spilling out of her eyes. The emotions she had paused when joy took over churned into motion. Incredible pain that ripped her heart into pieces. What if this really was the end? What if everything was an ultimate lie? What if Taeyeon and the rest of her team really did die? Even if she was sitting next to Taeyeon who felt real, her imagination spinned out of control. Sobs caught like a little child, her hands balled into fists.

Taeyeon was crying, too. Her tears were like glistening jewels in all the colors of the rainbow, particles of light that dripped and evaporated.

The end of the world was at hand. Most of the environment Weiss proudly bragged about had vanished into light, and only the two remained. The air surrounding them was into the vacuum, fragmenting into dots of light.

Taeyeon and Tiffany embraced, waiting for the end.

In the midst of the incandescent light, it felt like even their emotions were being burned away.

Their visions were filled with light. Everything was covered in a veil of white, dancing into microscopic motes. Taeyeon's smile dissolved into the light that filled the world.

"I love you too." Taeyeon said. A voice like a ringing bell sounded in the last bit of Tiffany's consciousness. The boundary that made them separate beings vanished, and they crossed each other.

Their souls mingled, became one, scattered.

Disappeared.


(Very important and long Author's Note~)

I don't know about you guys but this was very emotional to write lol. The fluff is back! It will be back! Now with the vytal festival and everything out of the way we can get a total ship with CatFany and badass Taeyeon! //clap clap

The two disappeared, where are they going now? Hmm..

Now to start off, a lot of you guys commented below that the Vytal Festival reminded you of either The Hunger Games or Sword Art Online. After the comments thats when I realized the somewhat close similarities. But if you answered Sword Art Online, you're somewhat correct lol.

Other than being a big fan of RWBY, I'm also really into SAO. If you really like reading fun facts by authors, well strap the on because I'm about to tell you everything that ran through my head writing this story! P.S I've probably influenced hundreds of you to watch RWBY AND I DON'T REGRET IT BWHAHAHAHA

If you've watched RWBY, without a doubt you've heard of the Vytal Festival. But the series itself ends before the festival actually happens so the entire Vytal Festival in this story is completely made up.

The idea of the Vytal Festival mostly came from this game I play, S4 League. In the game there is a mode called "Chaser Mode" in which it's all 11 players vs. 1 player that is extremely strong. The point of the game is to either team up with the rest of the 10 players and try to kill the Chaser (it's extremely difficult but not impossible) or try to survive the round. I thought it would be too boring to have only 12 players so I thought, it, let's add 100! Screw rounds! The artificial dome was actually an idea from S4 as well, not Hungers Games. Honestly I didn't even think of Hunger Games when I made this. In the maps of S4 League, if you looked at the sky you would see hexagon patterns and if far enough, you can see how it eventually breaks off into pixels (like SAO) and whenever you kill or is killed in S4, you could hear the crowds erupting in roar and the announcer announcing it to the spectators. 

The term 'vaporize' came from a book that I'm reading called 1984. Where when they vaporize you, they would delete any signs you were ever alive.

Honestly if you read the description of this story it simply says, "It all started with, Can I take your order?" so this entire story basically is, if you want to think about it, Tiffany and Taeyeon telling it to someone (you will find out who next chapter possibly) though originally the story was just going to be CatFany and BartenderTae, i think we can all agree I can't write full out fluff.

And if you're into trying out new music : For each and every chapter there is a one song I listen to the entire time on repeat until I finish the chapter. The reasoning being a certain song makes me feel something and if I were to change the song, my mood and writing would change. **i don't listen to KPOP while I write for odd reasons

Ch. 1 Books and Coffee // Caro Emerald - Back It Up (also Sunny's ringtone if anyone cares lol)

Ch. 2 An Open Book // Travis Garland - Clouds

Ch. 3 Beacon Academy // Redraper - Evolve

Ch. 4 Team TIJR // Feverkin - Of the Wrist

Ch. 5 I'm Your Princess // S4 League Soundtrack - Fuzzy Control

Ch. 6 The City Shining Bright // Day One - White City (Title is actually lyrics)

Ch. 7 Blue Burst // Au5 & Fractal - Halcyon

Ch. 8 Legends Scatter // RWBY Vol. 1 Soundtrack - This Will Be The Day (Title is also lyrics from song)

Ch. 9 The Vytal Festival // RWBY Vol. 1 Soundtrack - Time To Say Goodbye

Ch. 10 Can I take your order? // Rogue - From the Dust

Ch. 11 Chasers of the Light // RWBY Vol. 2 Soundtrack - Sacrifice

Ch. 12 Their crazy, adventure, books and coffee, love story // SOLES - Love Will Have Its Sacrifices (Carmilla theme song if anyone watches it)

Honestly I get so many comments praising my writing and I just have to say thank you all you really encourage me to continue writing. All my subscribers but most importantly all this story's upvoters

Thank you to (in no particular order)

Lassu14 // SiiSOu // Acchipyancho // meewa321 // Playxboy // cryoong // Gibberish // bibimix // patbingsoo800 // kabuking

Dhino_ss // dewiayu // manhid23 // jssc_YG // veeyuzuu // khuntoria1013 // tifffanyism // taenyric109 // Gwiyomi_ros

soshibell // mitschan02703 // Taeny_1127 // Flying-unicorns // neolightning // taeny2403 // Oderis // xXBlackPearlXx

yuyuri // byuntaeng98 // zah457 // iAmAzombiebro // shane137 // Christinky // Happyreading17 // Le_truelocksmith // kalinka

TriSzhaNey143 // girlsgenerationtaeny // ismsone // aegYura // soshima // tae4ever1 // vmdramos1999 // KL_yum

v4mP1r3_Fw3ak // lil_shadow // LightningHwang // 452312 // soshiyoongie // sparklinpeas // Taengheart // Love_Pink_Unicorns // yan-ah

Despite being a silent reader as some of you are, you've supported in me in another way I truly appreciate :) I needa stack up on those karma points to hopefully get this story advertised. If you could help out, I'd appreciate it ^_^

So hopefully you've enjoyed this long awaited chapter~! Next chapter will be purely fluff (as much as I can write it to be) I promise!

An unofficial preview of Chapter 13 :

The two had been walking around the city hand-in-hand for a while now. They walked in neighborhood roads, slightly cautious that anyone might recognize them. They didn't dislike the fame, but at times, they simply wanted to be left alone. On this chilly winter night, that was the case.

Their stomachs feeling a bit hungry, Tiffany waved her hand at a food vendor closeby. They sat together and ate in blissful peace when Taeyeon turned around to fetch something. Tiffany didn't even bat an eye when she did so. Whatever Taeyeon was doing was none of her stomach's business until Taeyeon came back.

Nearly spitting out her food in surprise -- Taeyeon was glowing with visible excitement as she held inbetween her hands, a black kitten. Her eyes sparkled as she bleamed out in a playful voice, "OUR SON."

Tiffany struggled to maintain her graceful composure. Taking in another bite, she blankly replied, "That's a girl."

Still playful as ever, Taeyeon yelled, "OUR DAUGHTER."

"That's not ours."

"ADOPTED."

Tiffany paused for a bit and smirked. "Why adopt when we can make our own?"

...

...

...

who wants a scene?

ALSO!!!

Taeyeon may or may not enter Beacon. But if she does, I want you! Yes you! to help me think of a team name for her. Feel free to create any other three characters. If you want to full out customize even their semblances that'd be cool. Then give me a team name with the only requirement that it has T in it because Taeyeon. It doesn't matter if she's the leader or not. Team must also have a color and must have a name that'd sound like their initials. ONLY 4 MEMBERS PER TEAM. TAEYEON IS ALREADY INCLUDED BY DEFAULT. SO THREE AVAILABLE IDEAS. ALSO : Preferably no Korean names/idols Make it diverse! If your team creation gets chosen I'll credit you and use it for the story! Feel free to ask any questions!

  • Team can only be 4 members. Taeyeon is already included so you have to think of three other characters.
  • No Korean names/idols. I've mentioned it before but the world they're living in is not Korea and I don't want it to be dominately Korean either. I want diversity.
  • Initials must make you think of a color and be a word. (Kind of like Team RWBY reminds you of Rubies and the color red)
  • Gender of the other characters are up to you. Whether you make Taeyeon the only girl or make it an all girl team it doesn't matter.
  • No super duper crazy semblances. I know semblances are magical but I don't want to make the entire balance of the fighting world to go off because someone can punch rockets out of their hands or something.
  • Taeyeon doesn't have to be the leader of the group. This allows you to place her initial T anywhere you like.
  • Team must have an official team color. *Can be two colors
  • Since teams are made of two partners, you'll also have to think of Taeyeon's partner and the other pair. Maybe even how they meet but for now, focus on character.
  • Each member must have their own personalized weapon.
  • Good luck. lol.