I'm Your Princess

Bumblebee

[ → Bumblebee ← ]

  "I'm Your Princess"

05


 

The sun was gone by the time Taeyeon decided to head back home. She and Tiffany had talked for a while about subjects ranging from all sorts. When Taeyeon confessed to Tiffany that she wanted to be a fighter, Tiffany merely said,

"I think you should think about it more before you do anything rash. Being a fighter isn't easy. Death is always in your shadows. But I won't discourage you either -- I have no right to do that." Because it was a serious topic, Tiffany's mood and advice was too. They had been joking around earlier but at this moment, Taeyeon realized why Tiffany was the leader. Unbiased, kind, smart, and undoubtedly strong, she had what it took to lead her three friends into battle. "You're probably just getting overly encouraged, I mean, look around us." Taeyeon glanced at the words and agreed. The girls didn't seem to have a particular interest in armor, but they did heavily like weapons. That was an obvious factor that made the room look scarier than usual.

"You probably just want to be a fighter because of your present admiration and, because it's what you're surrounded by." The words were spoken by Tiffany with ease. Her advice now crawled into her ears and slept in her head and Taeyeon seriously began to evaluate her life. After a few moments Tiffany said, "So don't be in such a rush. Okay?" She sweetly added.

 

Just after a few minutes of their conversations, Jessica stepped in the room with Ice and Rosie tiredly yawning behind. "Ah, man. Class was so boring today." They didn't seem to mind that Taeyeon was still there as Ice stepped on Tiffany's bed to get to hers. "Wake me up for dinner.." She snored.

"You lazy dunce!" Jessica bitterly yelled before sitting down on her bed. Crossing her arms and legs, she looked at Taeyeon expectedly. With her posture straight and head high, she talked in an annoying high pitched voice. "Were you of any assistance to our Tiffany?"

"Uhm.." Taeyeon stumbled with her words not sure whether or not to reply normally or sound at least respectable as Jessica was. Staring at Jessica, her body all tensed up, Taeyeon noticed a vertical scar that ran down her left eye. She couldn't see where the scar began because it was hidden behind some of her hair.

"Am I suppose to guess what you're going to say?" Jessica tapped impatiently.

"Jessica please." Tiffany butted in. "Taeyeon was a great help today."

She whipped her hair to the side and pouted in an obnoxious way. "Excellent. I'm relieved and that's all I needed to know." Rosie stepped on the edge of Jessica's bed when she screamed and slapped Rosie's foot in haste. "I don't want your dirty feet on my sheets! I just had these washed!"

Taeyeon leaned closer to Tiffany, capturing her ear's and whispered faintly. "Is Jessica always like this?" Tiffany could only give off an unsure laugh. "It's just the way she was raised, but believe me, she's a good person."

As they both whispered, Rosie and Jessica got into a funny quarrel. Rosie threw her pillow at Jessica hitting her square in the face. Evidently it started a war between the two as they bickered and argued, but everything was done in a somewhat comedic and friendly way.

They had an extreme poke war. For some odd reason, heaven explain it, Rosie would poke a side of Jessica, then immediately appear in a different place in the same exact second to poke another spot.

Jessica erupted. "Rosie! I told you not to use your semblance to do this!"

"Catch me princess."

Tiffany tugged on Taeyeon's sleeve and began whispering again. "Believe it or not, Rosie and Jessica are in a relationship." Taeyeon squinted her eyes as she looked at Tiffany to see any signs of her lying. Yet another thing Taeyeon couldn't believe, especially when --

Her right hand danced as it twirled in the air specifically directed at Rosie when a bright light was casted on the floor she stood at. The very moment later, Rosie sky rocketed into the air breaking into the ceiling and completely disappearing from sight.

"JESSICA!!" Ice was on fire now. Ironically. "WHAT DID YOU DO TO MY SISTER?!"

"Your annoyance of a sister was disrupting my focus!"

"U-Uhm." Taeyeon shook in completely and absolute confusion and fear. Did Rosie just--?!

"Taeyeon." Her heart jumped at the soft melody Tiffany's voice played as it tingled deep in her ears. Completely forgetting the impossibly crazy thing she had just witnessed, she turned to see her eyes folded into two cresent-like moons showing happiness. "Have you ever heard of a semblance?"


From what Taeyeon quickly learned : A semblance is something each and every person has. Although they all vary and not everyone can use their semblance, it's what differs the fighters from regular people.

"Have you ever watched Rosie stand in one area then disappear into another? Her semblance is speed. She's so fast it looks like she's teleporting. Rosie uses this to piss Jessica off." She laughed to herself. "She would hug her then run away then come back and hug again."

"Then what Jessica did back there--"

"Jessica's semblance is to create magical glyphs. Depending on whatever color it is, each glyph has a different effect. Some can hold you down, some can launch you into the air, some can grant you magical benefits. It's an all round thing." Going down the list, Taeyeon looked at Ice expectedly. 

"Ice..well..we can talk about her when you see it."

"What about you?" Taeyeon said slightly disappointed. "What's your semblance?" Soon after Taeyeon asked the question, a waiter came and interrupted them asking if they were ready to order.

 

Jessica nodded a thanks and brought her attention back to Rosie who was still sulking from the incident earlier. "Will you stop being so childish Rosie?"

She tightened her grip even more and made a futile attempt to ignore her girlfriend. With her lips quivering she said dryly, "I want ice cream."

"Then ice cream you shall get." Without effort, Jessica waved a hand and a waiter immediately came. Everything about Tiffany was mysterious that fascinated Taeyeon. From her friends, school, and life in general, Taeyeon felt like sitting down with Tiffany and listening to her entire story. From what Taeyeon could guess, Tiffany dealt with all sorts of people. Each and every member of her team were different colors attributing into specific characters.

Ice and Rosie were half-sisters and Jessica was a heiress to one of the largest companies in the kingdom. All four of them made Team TIJR.

Before going home, Jessica asked Taeyeon to wait until dinner time. She took them all into the upper district of Vale to eat at a restaurant she favored. Even at the restaurant, Tiffany took a small book with her to read as they waited.

Taeyeon leaned back to find the comfort of her chair. Closing her eyes, she recalled all the events that happened today. After Rosie launched into the air and miraculously made it back unscratched several minutes later, Tiffany explained to Taeyeon what being a fighter was all about.

"I'm not surprised you don't know about this lifestyle. It's one few ever decide to follow and it isn't exactly something everyone can do. But it's also a job no one really respects.." She closed her book with one hand and placed it aside to give her full attention to Taeyeon. A small a gesture as it was, it made Taeyeon appreciate her even more. "For an example, you don't even know what we do."

"Yeah..I thought you guys were the military of somesort."

"No, we're completely different from them. The military deal with human affairs, we deal with some things a little more..different." Judging from the way Tiffany phrased the sentence, Taeyeon didn't bother to ask what it was. She felt that Tiffany would show her soon if she were to be ready for the challenge.

Food piled in as the servants of the restaurant placed them with pure elegance on our special table. "If you guys would like to order more, don't hesitate to ask because I can't read your minds." Jessica coolly said. Diving into the wonderfully made dishes, everyone smiled with delight as they silently ate in peace.

"Man, I wish I could learn how to cook stuff like this." said Ice.

"Taeyeon knows how to cook." Tiffany said with a little hint that she was proud of her friend.

"Really now? I'd like to taste it sometime."

"Sure thing." Taeyeon replied in between bites.

"Will you be coming back tomorrow?" Jessica said with her usual edge. "Perhaps you can cook for us then."

Taeyeon glanced to check if Tiffany had anything to say. Afterall, it was because of her she entered the school in the first place. She wrinkled her nose before realizing Taeyeon was waiting for her. As soon as they shared eye contact, Tiffany considered without a doubt that her friend would come by again tomorrow.

She ran her hand through her wavy black hair. "If you want to come, I'll be waiting. But maybe not tomorrow. There's a class I can't miss that I have to attend."

"Aren't you still sick?" Ice commented.

"A little bit, but I'm recovering well enough for tomorrow." She reassured. After they were all finished dining, Jessica excused herself for a moment leaving the four girls to wait outside the entrance. Ice and Rosie seemed to be contemplating about something giving Taeyeon the opinion they didn't want to be bothered.

So whenever Tiffany would move, Taeyeon would inch a little more closer, closing the gap and distance between them.

Taeyeon so desperately wanted to lose herself in Tiffany. She wanted to tie her arms around her with the goal never to let go. But she was afraid if she showed her how much she needed and wanted her, she'd run away.

With the bright light the restaurant emitted throughout the street, Taeyeon casually looked around, stealing a few looks at Tiffany's well sculpted face, hoping secretly she'd notice how bored she was. She was reading like usual. Her eyes intensely focusing on the words, face perfectly flawless and slightly pink, her lips--

Tiffany turned and caught Taeyeon deviously looking at her. The sudden eye contact caused Taeyeon to jolt in surprise, her face flushing as she bowed her head trying to stop the blood from rushing to her head. She heard a few footsteps coming her way, but she just assumed it was Ice or Rosie, or even Jessica. Anyone but Tiffany. 

But the dice rolled in Taeyeon's favor as Tiffany gently huddled close to her. She didn't know whether or not to look or stay focused onto the ground. And then--

Tiffany tiptoed just a little bit to rest her chin on Taeyeon's shoulders. When she felt the warm breath Tiffany exhaled, Taeyeon couldn't relax. She was afraid her shoulders would be too stiff that Tiffany would pull back. But if she were to relax, the sudden drop in her shoulders might result in the same thing. She panicked and reasoned in her mind when Tiffany softly began to speak.

She began by asking a question. A random one. "Do you like Jessica?"

"Huh?" Taeyeon breathed out.

"Just answer the question honestly. I won't get mad with whatever you say."

"Well I.." Taeyeon paused trying to find the correct words that wouldn't sound too harsh but too light either. "It's not that I don't like her. I just find her a bit..d-difficult?" Tiffany nodded as if she felt what Taeyeon had felt before.

"When I first met her, we never got along. There was this one fight we argued about. It was big, and even after Ice and Rosie made us make up, there was this barrier that our friendship couldn't pass." I stayed silent, allowing her to continue before I say or comment anything. Laughter filled the nice and chilly air of the evening as the sisters joked around. Rising my head to look up, I saw Jessica talking to another man in a separate window of the restaurant.

"There was one time Rosie nearly died. We were on a mission. Fighting what we were trained to fight. You see -- The military were created to protect the people inside of the Kingdom walls. Fighters like us were trained to protect the people from the monsters that lurk outside the walls." Tiffany said giving a brief description. "We were outside the Kingdom for a mission when we had the brilliant idea of camping in a cave we passed by. We didn't know it would be the nest of the monsters. Sleepy and tired we tried to fight them away. We were a new group back then and I guess we still didn't act as a team. We fought what we saw, only caring for ourselves, when at the end of the fight we realized Rosie was missing.'

"Jessica found her deeper in the nest trying to fight off the mother of the nest. Instead of helping her, she scolded the girl and in the middle of the battle and then -- the fang of the monster buried itself deep into Rosie's shoulder and exited out the other way. Rosie managed to kill it, but she was injured. Pretty bad.'

"Then running out of the cave with a half-concious Rosie behind her back, Jessica ran all the way back to camp carrying Rosie for miles. A huge chunk was missing from her leg, and if you look at her face, she has a scar from that battle. Rosie actually," Tiffany paused and took a deep breath in. Feeling like it was the appropriate time, Taeyeon raised her arm up and wrapped it around Tiffany awkwardly. But it helped when she saw Tiffany's sluggish smile as she continued the story. "Rosie actually stopped breathing by the time we were back at the camp. They pronounced her dead but Jessica wouldn't have any of it. She slapped the doctor and kicked him back into the surgery room." Taeyeon couldn't think of whether or not to laugh, so she just nodded. "Then by miracle, she began breathing. After three days she woke up and Jessica slapped her too." This time, it was Tiffany who chuckled. But she fell silent into a small gentle smile before finally ending the story.

"And then she kissed her."

The two watched as Jessica exited out the restaurant holding a soft serve ice cream which she then handed to her girlfriend. Unlike her usual edge of iciness attitude, Rosie seemed to have the power to melt Jessica's heart as Rosie occupied her hands with ice cream and Jessica's hand. Gathering up their teammates, Jessica tiredly said, "Come on you lovebirds. Let's go." From the edge of her eyes Taeyeon could have sworn Tiffany smiled at the term Jessica had called them. The two were still unsure of where their relationship really was. Taeyeon wanted to believe skinship was allowed now and Tiffany just confirmed it.

Tiffany removed her chin from Taeyeon's shoulder, leaned back, and instead, took Taeyeon's palm into her own. They weren't exactly holding hands and it was a daring cautious move. So Tiffany awkwardly pulled on Taeyeon's warm fingers as they walked into the car. Sitting beside each other, Tiffany made sure their fingers were still brushed up against each other.

It didn't mean much to Tiffany, but for Taeyeon, it made her entire night.


Tiffany felt better the next morning.

Keeping her hopes up, Taeyeon was relieved to see Tiffany walk into the doors of Bumblebee. Eager to show how much she appreciated Tiffany for coming, she asked her boss if she could give drinks away free.

"Huh?" Her boss said trying to balance a pencil on her nose. "I didn't tell you that? Workers get everything on the menu for free. You can get whatever you want and give it to someone, I don't mind. As long as you don't give away half of our food supply or something."

So when Tiffany was about to pay, Taeyeon simply waved her hand. "No need. From now on, all your drinks will be free. With my pleasure." winked Taeyeon. Tiffany wanted to protest but Taeyeon didn't want to hear any of it. Before passing the drink into Tiffany's hands, Taeyeon wrote something on the coffee cup again.

This time, Tiffany checked it.

It was just her name.

Circled cutely in a heart.

 

 


(I apologize for my language in advance)

ok i know it was really unprofessional for me to randomly change a character's name in the middle of the story but I HAVE MY REASONS.

im sorry if theres not enough taeny moments LOL whenever I write something fluffy it turns out to be angst. I mean, just look at what happened to my other story, Animal. That was totally intended to be fluff but now it's dark and angsty as !

But of course I'm trying my best not to do that here :)

A lot of you may be wondering why I bother to add the stuff with Beacon Academy, the stuff about fighting and monsters and all that crap but just give me a few chapters to show you that it'll get better. i dont want a boring story where all they ing do is drink coffee and make love, i want to write some action man

and don't worry! once the fighting actually starts you'll be like.."Woah, you know that Bumblebee story? That is the bomb."

Just like Jessica's somewhat sweet story with Rosie, I can't wait to write the part where Taeyeon *spoiler spoiler spoiler* and Tiffany *spoiler spoiler im not going to tell you guys spoiler*. It'll be great!

Since this is a fighting story, yes, there will be weapons. Cool weapons. Not some crap you buy from the dollar store. I actually hinted out Tiffany's weapon in the previous chapter (if you read back you will read about a black sword by the wall trust me this isn't some regular black sword u can buy at ur local drug dealer this is the )

Hopefully you guys understood semblance. It's basically powers each person has that differs according to the person. Now you'll probably be asking, will Taeyeon have a semblance? Will she even be a fighter?

In the middle of physics class I fell asleep and dreamed about Taeyeon's semblance and her weapon (btw each character has their own weapon as well, all respective to RWBY). If you've watched RWBY you'd already know Ice's, Jessica's, Tiffany's, and Rosie's weapon based off their characters..but for Taeyeon i have created something entirely new and not from the story! Which is pretty fcking awesome. and I can't wait.

Hopefully I'll update the next chapter ASAP within the week so keep subscribed and upvote. Don't forget to comment. God damn I love me some comments.

Thank you to lackadaisical for creating a poster and background for this story. Link to their shop is in the foreword if you're interested!

I apologize for any errors. Right after I click "Save Changes" I'M TURNING THIS OFF AND GOING TO SLEEP. PEACE OUT.