Books and Coffee

Bumblebee

[ → Bumblebee ← ]

  "Books and Coffee"

01


It's been a year.

52 weeks.

365 days.

8,765 hours.

525,949 minutes.

31,536,000 seconds.

That's how long it's been since Taeyeon first met the love of her life, Tiffany, at the cafe she worked. She remembered it, but not because she creepily counted each and every moment, but because when Tiffany first walked into the doors of that cafe, it was Taeyeon's first day at work.

She was also coincidentally Taeyeon's first ever customer.

Focused and determined, Taeyeon stood straight and mustered on her most professional look as she clutched a cup in her hand, a little too tightly, and a marker with another.

"Can I take your order?" Taeyeon flustered immediately after hearing herself. She had been so nervous that you could hear her shaking in her voice. It almost discouraged Taeyeon, her feet begging to run back into the office and ask for a different position. But she needed money and she was resolved. Normally she wasn't like this. Taeyeon the worker and Taeyeon the party girl were two different people, but she liked to keep them separately at bay.

Luckily the girl didn't really seem to care about Taeyeon's wavering voice and simply said her order. "The Bumblebee special."

As crazy and weird as it sounds, the cafe was called Bumblebee. Literally. Not the Bumblebee, but simply Bumblebee. Taeyeon asked her boss out of curiosity what the name meant, but the boss said she would explain another time.

Taeyeon wrote the abbreviation for the special on the bottom of the cup before glancing back at her first customer. "And may I have your name..?" Taeyeon said overly polite.

She was getting her wallet out when she replied, "Tiffany." Then placing the necessary change to purchase the drink. Taeyeon filled the order in and gave her a receipt. Scanning the somewhat empty cafe for anymore customers, Taeyeon retreated from the front to fix Tiffany's drink.

And that's the humble beginning of Taeyeon's quest for Tiffany.

 

 

Bumblebee wasn't a fairly popular place. Different people came by for a drink, did their business, and just went on about. Taeyeon worked often that people sometimes referred to the place as "Taeyeon's cafe". But that wasn't true. Taeyeon would only work morning until mid-afternoon before her partner Sunny showed up and took her spot until closing. Her boss was always at the back. Before Taeyeon would go to work to open the shop, her boss was already there. After she left, she was still there. Her name was Yang and Taeyeon seriously wondered if she ever went home.

The shop opens precisely at 8 AM, but few ever bother to wait outside the dusty old cafe eager to go in. Occasionally a few elderly with nothing better to do would spend their time and linger with other people their age, but Taeyeon never bothered to create a relationship with them. She would say "Hello" a couple times and join in the conversations if she was urged to, but other than that, Taeyeon would sit on her stool and simply wait.

Beacon Academy would start at 9 AM sharp, later than most regular schools, but that was because Beacon wasn't a regular school. It was a combat school designed to train fighters.

This fact always crawled and poked Taeyeon in the head whenever Tiffany would walk in gleaming in her Beacon uniform. Whenever the word fighter would pop in her head, she always imagined a viking. But whenever Tiffany would come in, hauling a few notebooks by her side, she seriously doubted Tiffany's existence to be a fighter.

She's way too pretty to be in a combat school..

Out of habit, Taeyeon already had a cup with Tiffany's name written messily on it. Just as Tiffany's heels stopped at the foot of the register, Taeyeon printed out the receipt and handed it to Tiffany. "The usual, right?" Taeyeon kindly smiled.

Tiffany leaned back a bit surprised before flashing her special eye smile, "Yes." Then after a moment, added a, "Please."

"Coming right up." Taeyeon skipped into the kitchen and prepared her drink. Lukewarm, extra foam, and an extra touch of sweet caramel -- just the way Tiffany liked it.

Today was a day like any other day. A day when the mysterious student would walk in and order a drink no one else ever seemed to order. A day when the half-in-love barista would fill her order. And a day when she would leave once again leaving the lonely barista to wait again tomorrow.

But today, Taeyeon felt like breaking that routine.

Just before handing Tiffany her drink, she picked up the cardboard sleeve used to handle hot drinks, scribbled something on it, slipped it on, and presented the drink to Tiffany.

Not knowing anything, Tiffany took the drink and turned around to leave when Taeyeon spoke. "Oh, and before you leave.." Tiffany twirled her head back, somewhat confused. "Yes?" She elegantly replied.

"Can you make sure I spelled your name right..Tiffany..?" grinned Taeyeon.

Tiffany, still keeping the surprised look on her face, pulled her drink up and looked at Taeyeon's scribbles.

Messily written as usual, but to Tiffany's pleasant surprise, it read:

Call me!

xxx-xxxx

- Taeyeon

 

Then, after a few nerve wrecking moments for Taeyeon..

Tiffany laughed.

 

 


 

eyy so originally this was gonna be a one-shot but I'm still thinking about the plot and all. I'm trying to aim for a fluffy fanfic but nothing too cliche as usual. if you got the few hints and you're a RWBY fan, Bumblebee is the ship name for characters - Blake and Yang (who in this story is the cafe's owner). Blake is kind of Tiffany in this story, but Taeyeon isn't really Yang. Just two separate ships sailin'

Hopefully you enjoyed the first chapter. Shout out to yan-ah for being the first commenter lol! :D

Thanks for reading!